Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ironman 2

Jman

Awesome! I loved the Iron Man movie and I was big into collecting Iron Man comics when I was a kid. This one actually looks better than the 1st Iron Man movie. Was that Rhodey in the other suit in the trailer? Anyone besides me notice the foreshadowing of Rhodey and the suit in the 1st movie?

Edited by jasmap

Rhodey eventually, temporarily, becomes Iron Man in the comic, then for a much longer time he dons the War Machine armor. Yes, that was Rhodey in the War Machine armor in the trailer, and yes, it was pretty darn hard to miss the, ahem! subtle foreshadowing in the first movie.

Rhodey eventually, temporarily, becomes Iron Man in the comic, then for a much longer time he dons the War Machine armor. Yes, that was Rhodey in the War Machine armor in the trailer, and yes, it was pretty darn hard to miss the, ahem! subtle foreshadowing in the first movie.

I knew that from being an Iron Man fan and collector as a kid and I probably ruined it for my wife becasue I told her what would happen if there was a sequel. :rolleyes:

Then we have a THOR movie and an INCREDIBLE HULK 2 slated for 2011. And all this is supposedly leading up to an AVENGERS movie (blatantly foreshadowed at the end of Incredible Hulk by Tony Stark) in 2012. I say they hire James Cameron and give him 400 million to do the Avengers!

• 4 weeks later...

I say pretend that Alien3 and Alien Resurrection never happened, and have James Cameron do the sequel to Aliens that we always should have had to start with.

You'll probably have to settle for the Alien prequel which will be directed by Ridley Scott.

But that should be great as well. ;)

• 2 months later...

Awesome! I loved the Iron Man movie and I was big into collecting Iron Man comics when I was a kid. This one actually looks better than the 1st Iron Man movie. Was that Rhodey in the other suit in the trailer? Anyone besides me notice the foreshadowing of Rhodey and the suit in the 1st movie?

Only way I could miss that bit of foreshadowing was if I were in the popcorn line at the time.

I am a bit dissapointed that Terrance Howard seems to have been replaced with Don Cheadle. Hopefully Micky Rourke will pick up the slack.

• 2 weeks later...

Got to see a preview of it yesterday and I can't say I was blown away...

Sure, the visuals are very nice and there are some cool scenes (Scarlett J in a tight jumpsuit anyone? :)), but it wasn't really spectacular in any way.

Worth watching, it's two hours of decent Hollywood entertainment, but dont expect a classic...

Edited by gose

The Midnight Showing was totally sold out last night. The crowd went nuts for this movie.

Downy Jr was hilarious, prolly twice as many one liners as the first Iron Man movie. Very funny, Very fun.

Thanks Ben, I am going to see it tonight after I shoot a special classifier match, what a great day, shooting then Iron Man 2, life is good. :cheers:

I say pretend that Alien3 and Alien Resurrection never happened, and have James Cameron do the sequel to Aliens that we always should have had to start with.

+1

+2 Nothing like turning up the surround sound during the gun fire in Aliens

Flyin

I liked it, first one was a bit better IMHO, I stayed for the extra Avengers hint at the end of the credits. I am not going to spoil it for anyone, credits rolled for a long time.

No disrespect meant, but when I first saw your SN I asked myself, "Dan's crap bags?" :surprise: