Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

History Channel $100,000 Top Shot Competition

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Do you guys think we are being hard on them?

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=191078&id=112866655400967

Shawn, as one of the contestants I'd have to say both "yes" and "no". You're not being too hard in that it's important in the shooting community that we recognize things like the 4 Rules and we call it out when we see it being violated. That being said, I can't count the number of catalogs and promo fliers from firearms companies that I've seen that have people with their fingers inside the trigger guard of guns.

The other component is that as the cast of the show, we precisely zero control over which pictures they used for the promo fliers. I mean come on, do you think I'd want my promo picture to be of me holding a friggin' slingshot? I guarantee that there are plenty of pictures of Andre where his finger isn't on the trigger (because I was there) but for whatever reason those pictures don't get used. So yeah, it's a safety violation, but it's also not the end of the world, nor is it a reason to boycott the show. I think that come June 6th when you see how the show plays out, you'll find the final product is going to be something the shooting community can be proud of.

Do you guys think we are being hard on them?

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=191078&id=112866655400967

Shawn, as one of the contestants I'd have to say both "yes" and "no". You're not being too hard in that it's important in the shooting community that we recognize things like the 4 Rules and we call it out when we see it being violated. That being said, I can't count the number of catalogs and promo fliers from firearms companies that I've seen that have people with their fingers inside the trigger guard of guns.

The other component is that as the cast of the show, we precisely zero control over which pictures they used for the promo fliers. I mean come on, do you think I'd want my promo picture to be of me holding a friggin' slingshot? I guarantee that there are plenty of pictures of Andre where his finger isn't on the trigger (because I was there) but for whatever reason those pictures don't get used. So yeah, it's a safety violation, but it's also not the end of the world, nor is it a reason to boycott the show. I think that come June 6th when you see how the show plays out, you'll find the final product is going to be something the shooting community can be proud of.

Alright alright! I will lay off till I see what happens!

The commercials are starting to air and it does look interesting, but... A few of the clips and comments lead me to wonder if this is going to be the next step in the "Extreme Marksman" series they have done that focuses in on doing "trick shots" or "recreating" historical shots, 99% of which belonged on Mythbusters.

P.S. There is something about this thread that is making everything appear in italics.

P.P.S. When I edited the message to add the above comment, it stopped. But my name is still in italics.

Edited by Graham Smith

why are we all typing in italics??? :)

If I had to guess, I'd say because BamBam has italics in his signature and doesn't have the [/i] at the end that makes the italics stop.

Edited by spankaveli