Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Chick-Fil-A Franchise

as someone who has done the franchise thing. Let me tell you its hard man. even a well known chain can fail. I watched red robin, fudruckers, pluckers, krispy kreme and a few other franchises fail in a very good town for resturants. Really look hard at the need for it in your area. to sustain a chain place like that you need to be able to stay busy every min you are open to really make a go of it.. and eventually the novelty can wear off. And remember with chik fil a you lose one buisness day on the weekends as by company mandate you can not be open on sundays.

I know a few people who have franchises. If she isn't willing to spend 10-12 hours a day on site working, forget it. If she doesn't have 100% of the start up capitol in the bank right now, forget it. If she's not prepared to hire the willing and fire the useless, forget it. Having friends and family on the payroll only works if theyy work as hard or harder than the kid off the street.

You can not make one work with other peoples money, or other peoples management.

Even at that, she needs to know that this is a risk, and she has to be able to go on with her life if it fails.

Edited by Canuck223

My first job was at a Chic-fil-a. All of the stores are owned by the company, there are no franchises. The operator that runs each store gets a portion of the profits. I'm not sure how you become an operator, but a lot of times they hire from within. My old boss had started as a cashier when she was a teenager and worked her way up.

as someone who has done the franchise thing. Let me tell you its hard man. even a well known chain can fail. I watched red robin, fudruckers, pluckers, krispy kreme and a few other franchises fail in a very good town for resturants. Really look hard at the need for it in your area. to sustain a chain place like that you need to be able to stay busy every min you are open to really make a go of it.. and eventually the novelty can wear off. And remember with chik fil a you lose one buisness day on the weekends as by company mandate you can not be open on sundays.

Mr.Truett Kathy's franchises do so well in six days they do not need to be open on Sunday!

The company I work for supplies equipment to a number of chain restaurants. Chick-Fil-A is one of them and from what I've seen and heard about their operations they are a cut above all the other chains I'm familiar with. They are an extremely efficient operation. I have no idea what it would be like to try to open one and run it, but from the outside looking in I'm impressed.

If you looking for a low cost franchise and low on cash, maybe Chick-Fil-A is the way to go. As long as you don't mind giving away 50% of the net profits (income after expenses.) You may feel more like a Chick-Fil-A employee, but you are only risking the $5000 franchise fee.

Sounds like being married! :roflol:

I know they have good milk shakes.

BTW: David, do you know a good lawyer. I have my new car running and I have a speeding ticket for 165mph in a 65 zone, could be trouble. I was on the way to the ER, honest.

regards, karl

I don't know exactly what the net income is for a franchisee but I know that my sister's friend own one and they certainly seem to be doing well. One thing that no one can take away from Chick-Fil-A is their community involvement. Their corporate culture stresses involvement in the community. At my local store they support about every local school, athletic organization, scout troop and such that you can imagine. I ate lunch there today and was again amazed at how they can continually give out coupons and still make a profit. I am sure that their specialization in a somewhat limited menu has a lot to do with it.