Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 High Desert Classic at Albuquerque

Hello: I was in squad 10 as well and finished 2nd in "B" Open for the sectional part, not so good overall because on my C-More issue. In the pic above I feel like where's Waldo or is that where's Eric :roflol: (to the right with a white hat on) :cheers: It was fun shooting with all you guys in squad 10 and I know I am a "GM" target paster at least :devil: Thanks, Eric

Next time you guys and gals bring a stool for Eric to stand on! :roflol:

CYa,

Pat

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great matches with awesome stages, everyone was helpful and match went very smooth. Congrats to the staff and all the RO's for their tireless work. Great shooting with all the others on Squad 4, hope to see you again. Prize table was also very good. My son and I had a wonderful time and will return. Hard to believe three shooters from Sierra Vista each won an award. Congrats to Marc and Neal.

The stages were fantastic. Tough, but fun as well. Several of the ROs were working hard under pretty tough conditions and handled themsleves very well, most even with a smile on their faces. I'll be back next year!

So, I'm almost recovered from the exhaustive weekend.

The match was awesome...the stages were great and truly tested the shooter.

It was pretty darn hot out there and I think I may have drank 6 gallons of water and still felt dehydrated. :wacko:

Squad 1 was the best! Thanks to everyone on squad 1.

We had a fun time and everyone helped to reset the stages.

It was a chore to sort all that 38 super comp brass...blue rings, fat red marks, thin red X's, no mark with brass primers and no mark with silver primers and also the one with the red circle around the primer... :surprise::roflol:

See y'all next year!

At Mike Gibson's suggestion, we passed the hat at the awards ceremony, came up with $540.00 (Thank you, all), and donated it to the New Mexico Ruger Rimfire Junior Program. Great idea, Mike, and thanks to all who generously supported the Juniors. They are the future...

WEll the Match is over and recovered from the heat. I would like to say it was a real pleasure to work with Randy and his son. Probably the most diligent 10 year old I have ever met. They really made the stage a pleasant experience. The weather was hot but it was pleasant considering last years sand storm. Tom, Jerry and Rod do an outstanding job with this match. Stages are not too hard but not easy. Nanci did a great job with the sponsers and the prize table. Kudos. And last but not least thank you goes to all the competitors. You all were great as well. I am not sure what the staff issues were but you couldn't tell from the way things progressed. It was smooth and efficient even with some equipment issues. I hope to be invited back next year.

Rod: That is great :cheers: Everyone at my table put some money in the jar to support the Juniors and many thanks to Mike for the idea and his support of the match :cheers: Rod you did a great job as the MD. Now you can get some well deserved sleep :bow: Thanks, Eric

Well this was my first HDC and it won't be my last . I was on squad 6 and I can truely say that it was one of the best squads I have ever shot on. Greg thanks for the big red wagon I'll remember to bring the big umbrella again next year. Tell Jessie it was a joy to watch her shoot and I can't wait to see her whipping all of are tails in the future. I'm glad you are taking her to the Texas State Limited match I'll see you there I'm RO'ing. We had Nils on our squad and I got tired just watching him run (man can he move) Congratulations to everyone and thanks to all the staff!

See you next year

Billy

Thanks to Rod, Tom etc. for a good match. Stages, Staff were great plus I had some fun. Only issue was 15 shooters on a squad makes for a long day when you have reshoots and equipment failures. 8 to 6pm Saturday and 8 to 1pm for 3 stages on Sunday. Don't know, maybe it was the squad, but overall a good match.

Pete

I want to thank all the sponsors who helped support the 6th Annual High Desert Classic match and make this the best prize table ever.

All these prizes were strictly donations from these generous sponsors. There were 58 prizes that had a value of more than $100 and the other prizes were put together to create $100 in retail value. So all 169 competitors received at least $100 in prizes. This was a wonderful experience for us.

MGM, Sportsman's Warehouse, Practical Shooting Academy, Cameron's Custom Guns, Rudy Project, Montana Gold, Bar-Sto Precision, Glock, Caliber's, Ergo Grips, DR Performance Shooting, Truck Vault, Precision Bullets, Firebird Precision Firearms, STI International, Shooters' Connection, Advantage Tactical Sight, The Outdoorsman, M2i, C-More, Sierra Bullets, Schuemann Barrels, CPWSA, Brian Enos, Precision Arms, Glock Triggers/Glockworx, Freedom Gunworks, The Bulletworks, Brownells, Starline Brass, Springer Precision, 5.11 Tactical, Lead Tech Wipes, Paisano's Italian Restaurant, New Mexico Ruger Rimfire, Axial Video, Unique Tek, Babes with Bullets, Ron Peterson Guns, C&M Target Systems, Zero Bullet Co., Midway USA, Lauer Custom Weaponry and Grams Engineering.

Please thank all of these sponsors for their on-going support of our sport. And, please remember to support them with your next purchase of any shooting related products! These vendors continue to support the shooters...let's support them in return.

Thanks again to all our sponsors and thanks to Brian Enos for providing us with this forum where we can show our support and talk about shooting related issues.

Ok, where's the next match?

This was my first "major match" and I could not have had a better experience.

I've been shooting USPSA since February, and have learned a lot. I took 2nd place, C class, in Production and got a $100 gift certificate to Montana Gold from the prize table. I'd say I did pretty well for my first non-local match.

I have to thank Phil Strader and Pat Doyle for all the advice throughout the match. These two guys are first class shooters and all around first class guys.

The stages were something like I've never seen before, and it was a little weird having an aquatic themed match in the middle of the desert. But, other than the stinking windmill (I hated that thing) I loved every minute of it.

I am going to write an article about the match and submit it to Front Sight and see if they will publish it two issues from now.

I got a few pictures, but I'd like to see if any of you guys have any pics you'd like me to submit with the article.

The other thing I was wondering is if anyone has any funny quotes, incidents, or just something interesting about the match that I can use in the article. I really wanted to get around and talk to a few people, but I was just beat Saturday night, and had to drive 8 hours after the awards ceremony, so I really didn't have any time. So, I'm gonna see if I can get some "comments" and "interview responses" here.

Again, thanks to the staff, sponsors, and everyone else that made this match possible. It will be something that I will try to shoot again.

Brad

Well what a BUMMER!!!

We showed up on Friday to look at the stages and I managed to throw my back out. Had to leave Sat. morning to get back to my Dr. I was very disappointed in not being able to shoot the match, the stages all looked great. Finally today I am able to get off the couch and sit in front of the computer long enough to look at the scores.

Congratulations to all the winners. Also a big thank you to all the people that worked so hard to put this match together.

Maybe next year,

Don

We showed up on Friday to look at the stages and I managed to throw my back out. Had to leave Sat. morning to get back to my Dr. I was very disappointed in not being able to shoot the match, the stages all looked great.

Don, we were disappointed for you, too! I was looking forward to see how we shook out again this year ;) Next year, then... Heal that back up well!

Dave

Well what a BUMMER!!!

We showed up on Friday to look at the stages and I managed to throw my back out. Had to leave Sat. morning to get back to my Dr. I was very disappointed in not being able to shoot the match, the stages all looked great. Finally today I am able to get off the couch and sit in front of the computer long enough to look at the scores.

Congratulations to all the winners. Also a big thank you to all the people that worked so hard to put this match together.

Maybe next year,

Don

Don,

Sorry to hear what happened. Hope you get up and going full speed soon !

D

Don, we were so sorry to hear about you throwing your back out.

It's been a rough year for you. :(

Take good care of that back and don't rush it...I speak from experience! :excl:

It was a great match and a big " Thank You " to everyone involved. My wife Barbara and I had a wonderful time and Squad 2 had to be the best squad at the match. The ROs who were in all of the heat were great and I can't think of a negative thing to say. A special thanks to Nanci for making us feel so welcome and we will see everyone next year.

Oh, and the prize table was fantastic.

George and Barbara

Thanks to Rod, Tom etc. for a good match. Stages, Staff were great plus I had some fun. Only issue was 15 shooters on a squad makes for a long day when you have reshoots and equipment failures. 8 to 6pm Saturday and 8 to 1pm for 3 stages on Sunday. Don't know, maybe it was the squad, but overall a good match.

Pete

I thought squad 5 worked very hard through out the match. I think it was just one of those things that can happen anywhere & at any time. Ya just never know....I had a really fun time.

It was a great match and a big " Thank You " to everyone involved. My wife Barbara and I had a wonderful time and Squad 2 had to be the best squad at the match. The ROs who were in all of the heat were great and I can't think of a negative thing to say. A special thanks to Nanci for making us feel so welcome and we will see everyone next year.

Oh, and the prize table was fantastic.

George and Barbara

You are quite welcome! And thank you for the compliment George...I hope I expressed the same welcome to all the shooters. :blush:

• 3 weeks later...