Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best Belt

Bob Hostetter

I don't believe in "the best" and "ultimate" things, generally speaking. But in this case....there is an "ultimate belt"....Rescomps CR Speed. The shooter friendly velcro is also very cool. Really stiff. It's like they used spring steel to make the belt.

http://www.rescomp.co.za/speed_belts.htm

I am in no way affiliated with Rescomp BTW ;) Just love the suff they make, especially the belt.

It will probably depend on which generation of Limcat that you get. I bought mine about a year ago and had to do a bit of grinding on the belt attachment part to get it to fit my CR Speed belt. The belt is thicker than the Safariland belt. That said, definitely worth the extra time to get the fit. The spare magazines actually stick up instead of rolling forward with some of the weaker belts.

i use the limcat holster and mag pouches on a cr belt. it was tough getting them on but worth every bit of the effort. i didn't grind on anything just got the belt through enough to hold the tip of it in the vise and used some dish soap for lubrication on the belt and pulled like he**. another good thing about limcat mag pouches is that ar-15 mags fit them also if your a 3 gunner. and they are completely ambidextrious. the belt is the nylon one that is very stiff. had the leather one before that and decided to upgrade. good shooting, jlh

I have been using an original SafariLand 1.5" inner/outer belt system for many years, but just switched to the CR-Speed belt because of the upholstery friendly velcro thing. Best belt system going, fer sure!

Regards,

Can you use safariland holsters and mag holders on a cr belt ??

YEs, you can use Safariland products on CR belt.

CR Speed is the best available belt. IT's extremely rigid which means that holster and mag pouches stay where they're put and don't "flop" anywhere. The velcro system is backwards from all the others preventing being stuck to fabric car seat, couch, etc. I've been singing their praises ever since I got mine about 3 years ago.

I was using the Safariland double belt and was having Mag pouch flop problems. I switched to a Don Hume leather belt.( I know ,I know it is not nearly as cool). Hume makes a lined 1 1/2" belt for around $50 and it suits me fine and I solved my mag flop problem

• 3 weeks later...