Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stages based on Movies

RobMoore

I'm looking for movie scenes that would make good IDPA stages.

I want to design a match totally out of movie scenes.

I'll start you off with some examples.

1. Collateral - Alley scene. Start hands at surrender, draw and shoot 2 @ T1 from retention, Mozambique T2, finish T1A (laying on ground) off with a headshot.

2. Unforgiven - Final scene. Beginning with "shotgun" in both hands, aimed in on T1, throw shotgun at start signal, draw, and engage T1-ect

3. Sudden Impact - Coffee Shop. Begin with coffee cup in weak hand, at signal drop it and engage t1-ect

4. Spartan - Rescue out on the street- Begin with MP5 in hands, at signal transition to pistol, engage...ect...pick up dummy, carry to P3 while engaging .....ect

So, anyone got ideas for me?

1. Collateral - Alley scene. Start hands at surrender, draw and shoot 2 @ T1 from retention, Mozambique T2, finish T1A (laying on ground) off with a headshot.

I'm going to design that stage for USPSA, I'll send you a copy when I'm done. :cheers:

Edited by DyNo!

I'm going to design that stage for USPSA, I'll send you a copy when I'm done. :cheers:

No need. I already did it in sketchup. thanks

I have a stage entitled "Say Goodbye, Mr. Bond" -- typical Bond escape-from-the-bad-guys chase scene (The Roger Moore era). It uses a couple of club-specific props like our shaky bridge & teeter-totter. If interested, PM me with your email address and I'll send along the file (.doc format).

• 3 weeks later...

What about the new Rambo movie? The boat scene at night. Rambo draws and takes down 5 bad guys! Pretty good scene. Quick.

The Quick and The Dead with Gene Hackman. Could set up a small stage for a draw fight. One shot on the draw. Would be fun.

Pretty much any scene from any Die Hard movie kicks b.

Well--except for the mozambique part. Play by the rules.

The Cowboys

Just so I could use all or at least the last line of this quote:

Jebediah Nightlinger: [praying to God before he's about to hanged by Asa Watts and his gang] I regret

trifling with married women. I'm thoroughly ashamed at cheating at cards. I deplore my occasional

departures from the truth. Forgive me for taking your name in vain, my Saturday drunkenness, my

Sunday sloth. Above all, forgive me for the men I've killed in anger ... and those I am about to.

Start position: Sitting on a horse with a noose around your neck? :unsure:

Lethal Weapon: Starting with your hands in ropes above your head, doused with water. At the signal RO takes two electrodes and...take it as far as you want with regard to water and electrodes. Anything from this point through the nightclub...high round count

For the single stacks....We Were Soldiers: Sam Elliot scene strong hand only with movers and poppers. Or Saving Pvt Ryan...sitting on ground leaning against disabled motorcycle engage targets strong hand only. (might sweep legs and feet with this one, though)

Quigley Down Under: Three paper targets. At signal shooter must loudly state "This ain't Dodge City. And you ain't Bill Hickok" prior to engaging targets with two rounds each virginia count. After last shot shooter must loudly state " I said I never had much use for one. Never said I didn't know how to use it." or receive one procedural penalty.

Edited by IC_Cyclone

The Cowboys

Just so I could use all or at least the last line of this quote:

Jebediah Nightlinger: [praying to God before he's about to hanged by Asa Watts and his gang] I regret

trifling with married women. I'm thoroughly ashamed at cheating at cards. I deplore my occasional

departures from the truth. Forgive me for taking your name in vain, my Saturday drunkenness, my

Sunday sloth. Above all, forgive me for the men I've killed in anger ... and those I am about to.

Start position: Sitting on a horse with a noose around your neck? :unsure:

To many cowboy movies for that guy :rolleyes:

I always thought the running gun battle in the movie "HEAT" after the bank job, was one of the best in any movie. Guys where hauling money, shooting, and taking cover efficiently. Man I liked that scene. Crap, now I'm gonna have to dig that out and rewatch it. I know there is a stage idea in that.

Collateral, the shoot out at the Asain Bar

or Miami Vice(movie), the shoot out at the trailer, or the the big one at the end

How about the Patroit where Mel Gibson is running from tree cover to tree cover, have the shooter start with one round in the gun and has to run to the next "tree" to load having only one round in the mag.....

call it "aim small, miss small"

Marked for Death, Segal is shooting it out with the Jamicans at the department store.....of course you probably don't want to shoot to slide lock and just throw it down and draw another one....

The Quick and The Dead with Gene Hackman. Could set up a small stage for a draw fight. One shot on the draw. Would be fun.

Funny you should mention that. I set up a stage at 30 yards against a single popper called "The quick and the dead". I've got a full set of 8 stages all set for a spring trophy match, if the host range agrees.

I could always use more, for spares or a second match.

Right now I have

1. "Spartan" alley rescue scene (MP5 goes down, transition)

2. "The Quick and the dead"

3. "Collateral" yo, homie, that's my briefcase.

4. "Platoon" Tunnel rat scene with Willem Dafoe. I have a 4"x4" (not practical to go smaller for many reasons) tunnel for shooters to traverse with places to pop up and shoot from into other "rooms", ect)

5. "Unforgiven" Click, misfire, throw shotgun, blast away with pistol

6. "Dirty Harry/Sudden Impact" Loretta here put sugar in my Coffee

7. "Snatch" Tony's Desert Eagle Point 5 O can shoot through walls

8. "Open Range" You the one that killed our friend.....gunfight ensues.

• 4 months later...

For the single stacks....We Were Soldiers: Sam Elliot scene strong hand only with movers and poppers. Or Saving Pvt Ryan...sitting on ground leaning against disabled motorcycle engage targets strong hand only. (might sweep legs and feet with this one, though)

Sam's scene in "We Were Soldiers" was pretty hardcore. I don't know if I believe the movie representation, but it would make a great (and challenging) COF.

Jack Suber's "I Am Legend" stage at the SC State USPSA match last year had us start with the dog leash in hand before shooting all of the zombies.

Anyone have a pic of the mural he did for that stage? It was incredible!

Edited by High Lord Gomer

Not a movie but the first episode of "Justified", seated across the table from bad guy. On signal, draw and fire one round COM.

"Quigley Down Under" at the end of the movie

Standing, hands at side, one shot each on 3 bad guys.

"True Lies" toward the end end as the "cameraman"

Drop "camera", draw and fire head shots on three (?) bad guys

The bridge scene in Blood Diamond would make a good IDPA stage. Engage T1 and T2 with one shot each, then while advancing engage T1A and T2A with one shot each (TxA targets are semi-horizontal). At P2 engage mover as it runs away with a minimum of 2 rounds.