Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Funniest thing you've heard at the range?

jasmap

After shooter (me) trashes a stage, my friend who was ROing asks after I holster:

"So, at what point did you feel everything slipping away?"

Shooter's (me) slide stop breaks on the first shot. Slide, barrel, etc. fly off gun and hit target. After the RO (Tim Daugherty) got his composure (he was in tears laughing), He asks, "Are you finished? Unload...I guess you have already shown 'Clear'."

then the classic, "You shot like crap but you looked good..."

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah yes, Mr Jones, Haven't seen him for a while, but we reserve 'special range command' just for him.

"Stoke it, Stroke it, Flick it, Stick it"

and of course Slide forward must ALWAYS be used for George.

George does have a sense of humor, really.

Jim

As my friend went hammer down on his glock and proceded to holster, his slide fell off and hit the dirt. He put the slideless frame in the holster and said, "Hey this doesn't count as me dropping my gun right?"

Thats awesome Shawn. If that was done without missing a beat I would have died laughing. :rolleyes:

As my friend went hammer down on his glock and proceded to holster, his slide fell off and hit the dirt. He put the slideless frame in the holster and said, "Hey this doesn't count as me dropping my gun right?"

Thats awesome Shawn. If that was done without missing a beat I would have died laughing. :rolleyes:

That is what happened!!

So I guess we are excluding any references to Pharaoh Bender, homosexuality and manbags?

That pretty much takes all my material away

Har har. I can't post some of the hysterical shiz that my squad came up with over the OH/IPSC match...lets just say it involves the MRU, your sister, and a all-too-trusting donkey named Raul Suerez.

So I guess we are excluding any references to Pharaoh Bender, homosexuality and manbags?

Dont worry Bill ..... if you just wait 30 minutes he'll say something new and unusual to laugh about.

A few months ago at a local match, someone was calling out the results for the different divisions. He called out the winner of production, looked at me, and said, " How did you lose to an old fat guy?"

I'm not going to mention any names because they are both well known.

I'm walking with a GM up to the next stage of a match when another GM spots him, runs up and hands him 5 bullets (all with the primer in backwards) and says that he fired off one of these in the last stage which caused him to tank the stage and then went searching though his bullet bag checking all of his rounds and found these 5 that had the primers in backwards as well.

Then someone calls the GM (the one who just shot with the reversed primer) and as he walks over to talk to the person who called him, the GM that I was talking to takes the 5 reversed primer bullets and tosses them back into the bullet bag of the other GM and says with a smile "He'll find them later"

Edited by STI2011

I'm not going to mention any names because they are both well known.

I'm walking with a GM up to the next stage of a match when another GM spots him, runs up and hands him 5 bullets (all with the primer in backwards) and says that he fired off one of these in the last stage which caused him to tank the stage and then went searching though his bullet bag checking all of his rounds and found these 5 that had the primers in backwards as well.

Then someone calls the GM (the one who just shot with the reversed primer) and as he walks over to talk to the person who called him, the GM that I was talking to takes the 5 reversed primer bullets and tosses them back into the bullet bag of the other GM and says with a smile "He'll find them later"

That's awesome!

The Erik Lund and Rob Romero show at FB3G, there really were no words spoken, between the two of them, but after Rob dropped all the rounds Erik needed to finish the stage with the RO says quite calmly, "well pick up what you need and lets go" the clock was still running.

Then after the stage is over, Erik wants a reshoot because he felt he was interfered with by Rob, the RO says, he gathered all your dropped ammo into one spot and made it easier for you to pick up, I think thats an advantage gained so it offsets the interference, .........................................I thought Erik was gonna cry!!!!!!!!!

a reshoot was given.

trapr

Har har. I can't post some of the hysterical shiz that my squad came up with over the OH/IPSC match...lets just say it involves the MRU, your sister, and a all-too-trusting donkey named Raul Suerez.

Funniest match i've ever shot in my life.

I really think that we were approaching (or had completely overrun) some societal boundaries and expectations of tact.

:roflol: Perhaps the most comically inapropriate and offensive conversations i've been privelaged to be a part of took place at the OH/IPSC match lol.

I'm just glad that chris wasn't there with Peanut, me and micah and that micah wasn't there with Peanut, me and chris.

Several years ago, a 20 something guy was visiting from Texas and came out to shoot a match at a local club in Kansas. He spent half of

the match bragging about his dad's ranch and how much money they had and just getting on everyone's nerves. At one point he said

"It takes all day to drive my pickup from one side of the ranch to the other." So I said "Yeah I used to have a truck like that too."

Everyone got a good laugh out of that and our cowboy was pretty quiet the rest of the time. Mission accomplished.

<_< several years back I repeated what a gun smith told me about the workings of a compensator.

He said the air compressing ahead of the bullet as it leaves hits the comp wall first and does most of the work to control recoil.

The gas behind the bullet did not do all that much for control.

:mellow: I wish I never repeated that one.

<_< I did say that that was a long time ago ....?rite?

Edited by AlamoShooter