Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Back up guns to Nationals

EmanP

I thought of bringing a back up gun with me, identical to my regular gun just in case. I also have a whole bag of spare parts. Anyone here bring back ups to thier primarys? So is this a silly idea or worth the effort?

If I have one, I take a back up to the local matches. You are going to have a lot of time, effort, and money invested in your trip to the Nats, just makes sense to have as much backed up as possible.

I really like having a ready-to-go sighted-in backup with me at any match. Handy collection of spare parts all nearly packed and fitted. Usually my ex-match gun, so I know it works.

A little pucker-inducing to fly with mega $ worth of Open blasters (make sure they're on your homeowners insurance), but it's been ok for me so far, knock on wood.

I'm sort of lucky not to have to take one. Boz is shooting Open and Limited, as am I, but he's taking an Open rig and his Limited blaster. I'm shooting both matches with my Limited gun with his Limited gun as my backup.

If he wasn't, I'd definitely be taking two guns.

I take two of pretty much everything. Two guns that are equally ready to go, spare parts, spare batteries, spare holster, etc, etc....you name it.

Since I'm flying rather than driving this year, and I'm shooting Open, my first act in the event of a hijacking is to put on my ear protection...LOL

If you are flying with a friend, it's a good idea to trade your backup guns for the trip. That way, God forbid, something is lost or stolen you both still have one of your own guns to shoot.

I think I got that one from Matt, Robbie or Brian... can't remember, but it sounded prudent to me.

Good enough. I've only flown with a handgun once and was a little paranoid about taking my two primarys with me.

If you are a little nervous, I can understand, if I were you I would pack them in seperate bags, that way if you do loose a bag the odds are that you won't loose both. This might make you feel more at ease. :wacko: Good luck at Nats! :cheers:

I bring a back up gun (open nats) and some spare parts to all the major matches I go to.

Lots of money involved in playing this game, it costs me a lot more in travel and I have to fly every time, part way at least.

If you have friends shooting, they might lend you their gun :rolleyes:

Like it was said, "better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it"

see you there

Well it was a good thing I brought a few spare items. First day we got to the range 10 minutes before the first stage to find that one of our companions forgot thier belt and holster sitting on the hotel bed. Maybe not a backup gun, but that backup belt and holster sure saved the day.

Emanuel,

Sigs don't break ;) You should go with just your Primary and no spare parts! Should be good to go, right ;)

Spares are always good. I don't know who said it but - "Two is one and one is none" If you've got it bring it.

~Mitch

I wish you would have told that to my 226. As bad as I was shooting the two bad FTE's really hurt

I switched to a 226 my buddy brought for me just in case.