Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Superstition Mountain Mystery 3-Gun 2010 March25-28,2010

Thanks to all the staff and especially the sponsors. We just drove back to ok today and I am exhausted. The match was great, I have shot better, but it was still a hoot! Richard, I don't think you have to convince anyone that the target system rocked on stage 7. I had shot that system before, but not with changing the targets out that frequently. That made a huge difference. Thanks for explaining all of the details and ensuring reliability. I hope to see those again soon! Thanks again!

Special congrats to Craig and P. Pres who gave me a good old fashion whoopin'! :) Lets keep iron's going!

Mike

Mike and Scott,

Great meeting you both at the match and seeing other Rudy guys out there keeping up the good 3Gun fight. Well, at least 2 of the 3 :wacko: Maybe next time my luck will be better and I'll have 2 working legs for the whole match instead of one :(

Gary

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great Match! The new targets were awesome-hope they can become regulars. The RO's were in fine form, Polle and Gail and crew were working there you know what's off, the weather was perfect. Anyway, here's some video of Taran doing his thing.

The match was great! I liked the longer shot with 'freestyle' start position on stage #6 I will try to post some video of the parachute stage - I had a camera down-range.

the Dark house was cool , but I did scrape a barrel hard with my shoulder

I am happy with 22nd , but I want my 6" that Benny is building for me. the plate rack was my worst shooting wacko.gif

Squad #13 was a good group

So for the second time at SMM3G I've seen/heard of someone use a Saiga-12 not in open division, the first time was in 2007 with a competitor that ended up being in Tac-Scope, this year a competitor was in Tac-Iron using one. Aside from detach mags, the competitors otherwise complied with Tactical division rules and no one called them on it. When are they just going to be allowed in Tactical outright?

Are the scores for stage 5 in TO really correct, or did someone actually find a way to shoot it that was 25% faster than everyone else?

I was thinking #6 My bad = I shot stage 5 very crumby with my hand-gun sick.gif

Edited by AlamoShooter

So for the second time at SMM3G I've seen/heard of someone use a Saiga-12 not in open division, the first time was in 2007 with a competitor that ended up being in Tac-Scope, this year a competitor was in Tac-Iron using one. Aside from detach mags, the competitors otherwise complied with Tactical division rules and no one called them on it. When are they just going to be allowed in Tactical outright?

We let them now here in OK! As long as no comps or red dots.

Mike

Congratulations to Adam Poppewell 2nd in tac optic! Great job amigo!!!

Also to my best OK amigo Mike Pinto 3rd in tac iron!!! You guys ROCK!!!

Taran is still a mutant, and got 1st in tac scope. Good Job Mike Voight for first in Open. Wish I could have been there with the rest of the J.P./Nordic/Triangle team...but life happens! KurtM

What about your buddy Chris, he was third. Had he not left one of the small targets on Stage 7 he would have been 2nd. Most of the time its not optium to be the first shooter on the first stage of the early start day.

What a fun match. This was my first year to attend, and I had a great time. Thanks very much to all the ROs and other staff who made this thing run. Obviously, a lot of thought and preparation went into everything.

Who was the shooter that used a Saiga-12 in TI?

Edited by Religious Shooter

Who was the shooter that used a Saiga-12 in TI?

For 2007, Alan Samuel in Tactical Optic; He told them the correct equipment he was using and was never switched to open.

For this year, I don't know the guy's name. He posted about it on another forum along with photos of him using it at the match. edit: sounds like he may have contacted the match staff to place him in the correct division (post-match).

My intent isn't to "rat anyone out", simply to show that it did not dramatically effect the outcome of the match. I'd love to compete in Tactical Scope with 9 rounds in my gun and iron sight :ph34r:

Edited by SinistralRifleman

The results have been updated with a more traditional format. They may not be perfect (correct but not aesthetically pleasing) but they are pretty good, have the times and the match is over so this is probably as good as we are going to get this year.:) I hope we can make the match even better next year.

-Larry

Thanks to all the match staff for their hard work. The delays on Sunday kind of put a damper on things, but it was still a good time. Squad 13 was a very good group to shoot with. Big thanks to my California friends on Squad 14 for running my ammo back and forth. Hopefully some of it will actually make it back to Dan Bagger :unsure:

I have so much to work on until Rocky Mountain and Trigun challenge. Time to order some more ammo..... be damned the cost.

Did they ever do the drawing for the Larue OBR?

After waiting around for six hours for the stats to be tallied, I grabbed my prize and left.

Edited by boomfab

Did they ever do the drawing for the Larue OBR?

After waiting around for six hours for the stats to be tallied, I grabbed my prize and left.

Both the OBR and the XL650 were drawn before the 3 Gun Nation Shootoffs.

OK kids help a brother out....

At about the halfway point in the prize table I was over at the "FFL" transfer building

and was approached by a very well mannered young man (perhaps all of 5 years old).

He offered his congratulations to me in a most adult fashion. I was very impressed with little

fellow. I asked his name and he properly replied but for the life of me I can not remember his name.

I ask so I may congratulate his parental units on raising a excellent American!

I hope to be in the game long enough to share the range with him.

Thanks all

Patrick