Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SIGHTS FOR MY 34

N2O5O

Hello: You could use a factory Glock adjustable rear sight? I know where one is Wink,Wink :cheers: You may find in the future you want a thinnier front sight as well. There are lots of choices of sights out there. Do a quick search on here and you will be able to see some of them. Thanks, Eric

As far as patridge sights go, I like the Warrens. It all comes down to personal preference. If you are able, shoot other persons' guns/sight combos to see if you like what they are using. Much cheaper than buying a bunch of different sets of sights to see what you like.

I'm very satisfied with my Warren Tacticals on my G34; I painted the rear face of the front sight with white-out as a base coat, and then painted over it with a coat of Testors Neon Green; it really pops out the front sight for quick pick-up, and the serrations are still visible.

Best, Jon

I got a Sevigny rear in yesterday, I am going to try it with the hiviz front this weekend.

You may find that you are shooting high with this combination. The HiViz I'm familiar with was quite a bit shorter than the Sevigny front I have now. For what it's worth, I think you now have the best rear sight made for a Glock. Go ahead and get yourself a front to go with it.

I scanned throught the various comments and did not notice a mention of one really inexpensive option. Glock factory rear sights (the fixed kind) come in different heights. They come one below standard and two above. For me, I use the +1, which I think is 6.5mm, but don't remember for sure. It worked well for me with the older rounded HiVis front fiber optic. Lone Wolf Distributors has them and they are inexpensive. Also, if you dont like the bold white outline on the factory signt they can be: a: covered with black marker b: installed backwards with the plain side to the rear of the slide (the sides are cut parallel).

The downside to that front sight is for longer shots or smaller target areas it is not as precise. I like a Heinie rear with a Warren .115 f/o front (just to be different).

Just my thoughts which may or may not be of any value......

I ordered a "50+" sight set from Heinie - it is a Heinie Rear (you can choose from different styles) paired with the appropriate Dawson Fibre Optic Front.

Hasn't arrived yet, but I like that setup on my XD.

I'm running the Warren Tactical "straight eight" setup on my carry Glocks. I really like the sight picture. I am also debating on what to use on the G34, Dawson adjustable rear/FO front or the Warren rear/FO front. Tough decision...

Hello: I use the Warren plan rabbit eared rear sight and the Dawson fiber 0.105 front on my G17 and G35. Thanks, Eric

same thing i run on 1 Gl 34 with the green rod,and then the Heinie "race cut"and a older Hi viz on the other 34 with the big red dot installed.the Heinie /hiviz seems to work better on steel for me..last yr when my son started off shooting,i ordered the Heinies slant,10-8 performance,Hi viz true glow,and the Warrens,and an extra hiviz front set..on his GL19, he ended up with the Warren set..

Heinie race cut set: http://www.gunracing.com/Qstore/uploads/315rc.jpg

Edited by GmanCdp

I'm running the Warren Tactical "straight eight" setup on my carry Glocks. I really like the sight picture. I am also debating on what to use on the G34, Dawson adjustable rear/FO front or the Warren rear/FO front. Tough decision...

Easy decision --- stick with the same sight picture on competition guns and run the equivalent Warren/Sevigny set with a fiberoptic front....

• 2 months later...

I am ready to buy new sights for my G34 and going to get the Dawson fiber for the front. I am thinking about the dawson adjustable rear as well. i am interested what you do if you buy a fixed rear and the sights are off shooting high or low.

I am ready to buy new sights for my G34 and going to get the Dawson fiber for the front. I am thinking about the dawson adjustable rear as well. i am interested what you do if you buy a fixed rear and the sights are off shooting high or low.

Short of grinding or milling the front sight down (if applicable) you would need to buy an appropriate front sight. I can tell you from my experience, a Heinie Slant Pro rear and a DP .205" high front shoot POA with a 136PF load.

There are enough of us using fixed rears, I am sure we can point you in the right direction.

• 2 weeks later...

I have had tons of problems with the adjustable Dawson rear and fiber optic front on my G 34. Shot 7.5" high at 25 yards with .285 front sight so Dawson sent me the tallest front they make, .335 which is huge. Still shoots about 1.75 to 2" high at 25 yards.

I want to move to the Hienie fixed. Noticed that their web page also says that the G34 can shoot 2+" high at 25 yards but that they will sell you a higher front sight at a discount within 30 days if you have this problem.

Can anyone else tell me what height front sight they are running with fixed Hienie rear and which model rear sight you are using.

Thanks.

Dawson .205 high front, dawson fixed rear (or Heine) install, shoot...

I have had one round not hit point of aim with these sights. That round was a crappy reload I was testing and I never tried it again. I just last week installed this set up on another shooters G34 and tested it at the range with WWB and some of my ole 147gr Zero HP bllet reloads. They all hit where I aimed from 10 feet to 25 yds.