Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Nationals Stages are up

Turboprop

The longer the shots the longer the clearance time per shooter and squad. It is not always how long it takes to shoot it but how long it takes to score it. What I am seeing is a lot of field courses with shoot on the move targets. However what is set on the ground sometimes bears little resemblence to what is on paper.

Looks like a great bunch of stages. LPatterson's observation seems right on - a bunch of shoot on the move targets. It looks like many will have No Shoots screening them. I also like that you'll need to back up on two or three of them. I'll have a lot to practice in the next three weeks.

Edited by XD Niner

Things I noticed about the stages for the Open Nats.

Facing up range starts: 4

Empty gun starts: 2

Seated starts: 4

Gun on table start: 2

All ammo on table: 1

Hangin off a stripper poll start: 1

Stages that may require backing up as you shoot: 5

Classic target stages: 2

This is going to be some fun stuff. Just be sure to be careful on that 180!

Joe W.

LOL Yeah, on stage 13 from the WSB it seems you start with one hand grasping the poll and one foot touching the poll. Could make for some encriminating photos afterwords for some shooters. lol I wonder if we will get pasties with the little tassles on them in our bag of stuff at sign in for the match or if we have to get those ourselves. :roflol:

Joe W.

LOL Yeah, on stage 13 from the WSB it seems you start with one hand grasping the poll and one foot touching the poll. Could make for some encriminating photos afterwords for some shooters. lol I wonder if we will get pasties with the little tassles on them in our bag of stuff at sign in for the match or if we have to get those ourselves. :roflol:

Joe W.

Is Cliff Walsh shooting the nats?

Joe W.

:surprise: God ..... NO !!! :roflol:

O/P looks like pretty fun. I hope they don't go nuts with the no-shoots and turn it into a bullseye match with different shooting positions. I've seen that a time or two when well-meaning ROs without much time behind an Open gun set up stages assuming everybody with an Open gun has no trouble hitting a 2" slice of A-zone on the run.

Couple other things: no stages over 30 rounds. In theory an Open shooter could shoot the entire match without a reload. But... I suspect the 29-round-mag folks aren't going to be shooting too many stages without planning a reload. I figure most Open guys will do 3 for the match.

Now the question is, what to last minute practice? no WHO, no SHO, no unloaded starts, no standards, heck i dont think there is even a surrender start for limited. I am thinking just accuracy, and transitions.

Now the question is, what to last minute practice? no WHO, no SHO, no unloaded starts, no standards, heck i dont think there is even a surrender start for limited. I am thinking just accuracy, and transitions.

Backing up and out!!

For me?

Shooting on the move (keep them knees bent).

Pick up and empty starts.

Mebbe a little work on the the star...

Joe W.

Thank you, I think I just threw up a little. LOL

No matter what the stages are set up as when it finally gets time to make ready, I am going to have a fantastic time at this match. Lately I have been setting up a lot of stages that have the option or require you backing up while shooting so I am ready for that part, sometimes being the MD and stage designer for at least half the stages is a good thing. Now I just need to get a few matches in with the shooter starting facing up range at the tone. Lets see what kind of wickedry I can come up with for the next few weeks. :roflol:

Joe W.