Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

District 9

Anubis

The viral marketing website is very well done also Check it out if you have 30 minutes of down time.

PB, Do you have the link for the site you mentioned? I am going to be busy this weekend with matches, so I hope I can see this weekend, looks very good.

PB, Do you have the link for the site you mentioned? I am going to be busy this weekend with matches, so I hope I can see this weekend, looks very good.

Delivered!

LINK

I find it interesting the delineation between humans and "non-humans" as it is reminiscent of the apartheid-era "nonwhite" branding used in South Africa...which just happens to be the location where the movie takes place.

I just watched this, best sci-fi action flick (not counting any Star Wars) I've seen since Aliens. Really good effects and action. I think this thing will make some serious bucks. Real good story line also, the wife really got into it and enjoyed the movie.

Edited to say: Yes, it is worth the "R" rating!

Edited by fourtrax

Good movie, but it will make you think..... makes you feel pretty bad to be a "human"....... and it certainly has some graphic violence. An uncomfortable movie to watch, but worth the effort. The ending was great.

I thought it was ok at best, effects were really great. I thought that the main character was very annoying, after 5 minutes I couldn't stand listening to him anymore. I don't want to have any spoilers so I will not comment any further. My best friend and I were dissapointed.

I thought it was an excellent movie. Great CGI. Very good acting from the main character, who I was surprised to learn had no real acting experience prior to this movie . . . Good story, but it does kind of show humans at their low points.

I thought it was ok at best, effects were really great. I thought that the main character was very annoying, after 5 minutes I couldn't stand listening to him anymore. I don't want to have any spoilers so I will not comment any further. My best friend and I were dissapointed.

Exactly how we felt about it. I would add also that there were more questions (by us the viewers) about how the heck the aliens got themselves in that predicament. A clearly technologicly superior race, could not be so easily dominated----could they???

Exactly how we felt about it. I would add also that there were more questions (by us the viewers) about how the heck the aliens got themselves in that predicament. A clearly technologicly superior race, could not be so easily dominated----could they???

Maybe their "queen" died? Maybe the aliens were all part of a slave race and got abandoned? Maybe they suffered a disease which crippled their intellects? Not knowing is half the fun.

I bet we find out in "District 10". It was definitely a ........ different movie. I don't think you were supposed to like the main character. But you rooted for his possible redemption.

*** POTENTIAL SPOILER ***

I think you were suppose to find the main character annoying and clueless in that he was bureaucracy in it's purest form to the point he'd lost any "humanity". As he was broke down you came to like him more and more and associate with him. Brilliant in my opinion, the directory and lead actor did a unique and excellent job. This wasn't the typical Hollywood BS that asks you to turn off your mind and enjoy the light show. Totally departure from the current movie types and I hope it kicks the CRAP out of Hollywood's "blockbusters".

As for the Aliens not dominating I think they didn't have any drive or ambition as you can see throughout the movie. They had weapons but saw no reason to use them or what for. Even superior groups without cohesion and ambition are useless. But I imagine that will change with District 10. It could get ugly for the South Africans :P

This is just all my opinion and totally how I took the movie. If you want a pretty light show go see Transformers..... If you want a great Sci-Fi movie with a great story, characters and the most amazing integration of CGI you've ever seen definitely see this one!

P.S. Hell yes, I liked it! :cheers:

Edited by JoshF

*** POTENTIAL SPOILER ***

I think you were suppose to find the main character annoying and clueless in that he was bureaucracy in it's purest form to the point he'd lost any "humanity". As he was broke down you came to like him more and more and associate with him. Brilliant in my opinion, the directory and lead actor did a unique and excellent job. This wasn't the typical Hollywood BS that asks you to turn off your mind and enjoy the light show. Totally departure from the current movie types and I hope it kicks the CRAP out of Hollywood's "blockbusters".

As for the Aliens not dominating I think they didn't have any drive or ambition as you can see throughout the movie. They had weapons but saw no reason to use them or what for. Even superior groups without cohesion and ambition are useless. But I imagine that will change with District 10. It could get ugly for the South Africans :P

This is just all my opinion and totally how I took the movie. If you want a pretty light show go see Transformers..... If you want a great Sci-Fi movie with a great story, characters and the most amazing integration of CGI you've ever seen definitely see this one!

P.S. Hell yes, I liked it! :cheers:

I am going to have to see this one again, I didn't like The Watchmen the first time I saw it either, I went to see it the second time with an open mind and enjoyed it. I won't pay full price again though. :roflol:

I am going to have to see this one again, I didn't like The Watchmen the first time I saw it either, I went to see it the second time with an open mind and enjoyed it. I won't pay full price again though. :roflol:

I can relate... I walked out of Watchmen feeling very confused. I had two friends with me at the time who had read the Graphic Novel so they explained it all to me :) I will watch that again as soon as someone give's me a copy :P

P.S. Go watch Transformers II or the new Terminator right before this and you'll appreciate it SO much more.

Edited by JoshF