shooterbenedetto

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Finally have a few months of not shooting during the off season, I'm back at the range. It's rough as I haven't been very diligent at dry firing at home. At least I got to pull off a 2nd place performance. Great day for shooting I have to say. Excited for the rest of the 2015 season.

Pretty pleased with today's performance. I did choose to reshoot one classifier and it was definitely worth the money. I got a 100% on that one. So total haul today was two 100%, 98% and 95%. I think if my calculations are correct and if classifier calc is accurate, that would just tip me over 95% barely. 95.02%. we'll see what happens in a few weeks.

Had a total lack of confidence today taking unnecessary shots, pushing myself when I didn't have to. Shooting Open is such a mental game. Need to find my zen :) Consistency Consistency!

Gorgeous day for shooting though.

What can I say. It was raining for hours and we shot till almost 5pm! We were all soaked, tired and freezing. I couldn't feel my hands and for most of the stages, I couldn't even feel my trigger. Probably should have stopped for safety reasons. The stages were fantastic, the weather was not.

Guess what, it rained again in the Pacific Northwest. What a surprise. I should get used to it by now. It wasn't as bad as last week's match but still pretty wet. My gun had a few malfunctions because I didn't detail strip and clean it after the Marysville match. Rust has formed in the lockwork and mainspring housing. That'll teach me not to clean my guns properly especially after getting it wet.

• 4 weeks later...

Just got back from this really fun match. Had a great time with good traveling buddies. The guys and gals in the squad were fun to shoot with too.

I shot so-so-ish as I did not actively push myself to go fast or do well. I mentally took this match as good alone/vacation time away from family and work. That sort of manifested in how I shot as well, like I was on vacation :)
A shooting buddy of mine told me a few times while video-ing me, he said “Loke, I’ve never seen you move and shoot this slowly before. what’s wrong?”. Looks like I need to speed things up and actively compete.
So, next match, watch out! My hair will be on fire!

Here is a few that I've taken footage of. Latest events first. You'll see the improvements as you go through the older videos and see the mistakes; and I've been improving solidly since these videos as well.

Victorian State Titles 2015:

State Selection Match #3:

State Selection Match #2:

State Selection Match #1:

Shot a fun match at my home range today. Despite all my "pains" and "injuries" I did somewhat decently. I have to stop tanking stages and get more consistency. Also took the opportunity to test a new 170mm magazine by mbxextreme.com. It worked flawlessly.

As usual, the squad I shot with did not skimp on providing laughter. Thanks guys for a great time!