Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beer Drinking and Muzzle Rise

benos

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well tonight I will be practicing. THanks Brian.

I will be heading to the liquor store soon to get my "equipment" for tonight. I will practice until I pass out.

I will be shooting Major tonight (hard stuff), I think beer qualifies as "minor".

Remember, drinking makes your brain work faster... according to Norm, from Cheers. Brain cells are like zebras in Africa, and beer is like the lions. Beer, like a pack of lions, kill off the slowest and weakest of the herd, taking only the animals (brain cells) that cannot keep up. In this way, the fastest animals tend to procreate more, and their genes live on to evolve and improve the species.

By this analogy, alcohol kills off the slowest, and weakest brain cells, freeing up the faster, stronger cells to handle the load.

Therefore, regular alcohol consumption makes your brain faster, and stronger.

Simple science.

JeffWard

Not only are the constant "switchers" looking in the wrong place, they're actually retarding their progress with WAY too many variables.
But then I think about the ULTIMATE tinkerer - most know him as TGO.

I thought about Robbie while I was typing that, actually. Seems like you can point and say, "THIS is a bad idea," and there's always one guy who makes it work. :lol: Robbie has always been on the cutting edge technology-wise. Brian says that the first time her ever met Robbie he was shooting a 1911 .45 with a 6" barrel sticking out the front of the 5" slide, with two little "pre-compensator" cuts on the end.

a lesson about recoil control and muscle memory.

as I read and laughed through this

I have a bit of advise and an observation

the advise is to hold onto the keg tap.

You go where the beer goes...

the observation is that we have another

be aware of what you are doing.

If you slip into the habit of one load and one gun

and grow a habit of expecting the impluse control to get you on target

you'll miss target centers if you happen to have a different pistol or load.

wow that is some fine tuning...

Thanks for the great topic Brian. The mind and the body are interesting things.

In teaching one of my science classes I used to have a kid run across the room and pick up two mini basket balls one in each hand and run back across the room. we used a stopwatch so that we could measure speed after about five trials with a kid that could take a joke I would switch one of the basketballs with a basketball filled with sand. without fail the kid would run over grap the balls and the empty ball hand would shoot to the sky while the sand filled ball would stay put. we all got a good laugh, but it just shows how quickly we can allow our perception to fool us.

I have that issue with kegs sometimes. :)

How many times I gotta tell you.

Ya don't have to hold them while you drink em

But...how do you keep them from rolling away ??

Any why is it people feel they have to pump that damn thing every time they get a beer. Must be something left over from those teenage years.............

I have that issue with kegs sometimes. :)

How many times I gotta tell you.

Ya don't have to hold them while you drink em

But...how do you keep them from rolling away ??

Any why is it people feel they have to pump that damn thing every time they get a beer. Must be something left over from those teenage years.............

Flex doesn't pump kegs but I have seen him crush one like a beer can to get that last 2 drinks out

Mongo like ! :)

Speaking of destroying kegs...

I was at a range that favors some full-auto shooters. The truck next to mine hand a few kegs in the back and I asked the guy about them. Turns out the deposit on the kegs was something like $20. He would put them out for targets for full-auto fun...and shoot the crap out of them. Then, he'd take them to the scrap yard and still get $18 out of them.

...probably easy to tell if they are full or empty after a bunch of shooters have made swiss cheese out of them.

---------------------------

I'm still trying to figure out why Brian put his beer down ?!?!!! :surprise::wacko::blink:

He must have been trying to do a new trick/task...and hadn't yet Mastered it. (Mastery being measured by doing the task without spilling the beer, of course :) )

I'm still trying to figure out why Brian put his beer down ?!?!!! :surprise::wacko::blink:

I was reaching for the 10 Cane, silly.

;)

That's why we practice our weak and strong hand skills............no need to put one down to acquire the other???? :rolleyes:

10 Cane?...looks interesting.

It's a man's drink. ;) (Haven't met a woman who liked it at all.) In the winter, with just a splash of water. When it's a million degrees like it is right now, on the rocks is perfect.

I've never found any rum anywhere like it in the states. If you want the best rum in the universe, you have to go to the Dominican Republic or probably any of the islands in that area. None of the really good stuff isn't imported, that I know of.

(10 Cane is from Trinidad)

:roflol:

I love these "wonder why" posts!

Brian, I have noticed the same thing when picking things up. And I'm sure that I only notice this type of thing because we seem to relate every thing to shooting. Lifting a gas can for the dirt bike comes to mind.

After the years being under the influence.............I'm talking about this forum, not the beer.......... If I pick up something and mis-judge the weight, I think, "Gee, I really wasn't paying attention to the present act when I lifted that. My attention must have been on where i was going with it or the way it was going to taste, or something else that hadn't happened yet.

Had I been paying attention to the present act, I would have sensed the weight immediately and simply lifted the can, instead of nearly hitting myself in the face with it. :roflol:

But that's just me and I'm not normal. -Sam

I'll bet I can get somebody to skin their knuckle... :)

Just start thinking while you grab a glass/cup and putting it into the cupboard. How is it you get the aim right? You don't bump into the shelf above? below?