Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Primers came in today...

ironb

$80 a thousand?? Did Pamela Anderson and Eva Longoria personally deliver them????

I say this knowing full well I will be willing to pay $100 a K in another 60-90 days

Edited by Neomet

My primer order arrived yesterday. Placed an order with Grafs and Sons May 31 for Federal and Winchester small pistol along with Varget powder. The Feds and powder arrived. Winchester on BO. $134 a case for the primers.

It has to catch up soon. I'd think people can only hoard so much. Or can only afford to hoard so much.

I am so glad I caught on to the shortage when I did. I was able to get enough to ride out the shortage (I hope).

Edited by glockman2000

It has to catch up soon. I'd think people can only hoard so much. Or can only afford to hoard so much.

I am so glad I caught on to the shortage when I did. I was able to get enough to ride out the shortage (I hope).

25K that's enough primers to keep my shooting habit happy for 3-4 years, that is exactly why we are in this situation. We as a shooting community caused our own shortage. $80 a 1000? I guess that I am going to start golfing and fishing more. :angry2:

25K that's enough primers to keep my shooting habit happy for 3-4 years, that is exactly why we are in this situation. We as a shooting community caused our own shortage. $80 a 1000? I guess that I am going to start golfing and fishing more. :angry2:

I am buying for 2 people and I personally use over 12k per year so, buying a year's supply to ride out a shortage that may last that long isn't what I consider hoarding. My buddy's neighbor who has over 150k primers and hardly ever goes shooting - that's hoarding!

The primer shortage as well as the loaded ammunition shortage is a result of a national poll which took place last November. :angry2: Had certain threats by national figures not been made it would have been business as usual for the various primer and ammo manufacturers. I don't feel the least bit bad about buying every primer I can find (priced within reason) and stashing them. Out of that stash I have loaned many to friends who cannot find any to load with. All I have asked is that they repay me when primers become available again.

CYa,

Pat

Glockman2000, I was not personally jabbing at you, if that is what you were thinking then I am sorry. I am talking about the guy you that you were talking about, we all know someone that is hording, they won't tell you they are but they are. I have been shooting competively for about 5 years now and have been reloading for 2 years, I used to go down to the gun store and buy 2000 primers and that would keep me happy for a few months and my wife would not freak out that I am spending too much money. But now? Very frustrating! I am lucky that I have a lot of friends that shoot and they are some of the coolest people on the planet, they have offered me primers when and if I can't get them on my own. Ok enough this is "What I Like" forum. Sorry Mods

Edited by danscrapbags

It's getting better, sit tight. Just as things ran out they are starting to return. Mags are available, AR stuff is getting back on the shelf, next will be the reloading stuff. Don't panic.