Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reloads

JFlowers

I too use a North Mountain 4 post.

I also use a single califorinia comp behind the holster for the "Oh Sh!T" things, and have been using a blade tec double on the left hip for reloads going left (I'm right handed) but that is getting replaced by a single North Mountian so I can be "correct".

Hop

I use that many since I've been known to drop one or two while trying to hit the open cylinder.............. :angry:

I was carrying 8 in front and a LAMR behind the holster. At the SC State I had all but one on the ground when I finshed a Stage (LAMR plus 7 reloads) and that was planned. So I thought I would see how many other shooters carry and see if I needed to add another or two.

Thanks guys

I use 7 HKS speedloader pouches. Six across the front and one behind the holster. :mellow:

Oh, and I carry two speedloaders in my back right pocket and use one to initially charge the revolver at the "make ready" command. I have the other one if things just go so bad that I MUST use it to finish the course of fire.

Edited by Blueridge

Depends. For a normal match a North Mountain with 8 and a Blade-Tech with

2 if needed.

For the 66 round stage at the Crazy Croc last year, North Mountain, 4 Cali

Comps, and half a dozen moonclips staged at various points in the COF.

(WSB permitted staging ammo).

What are all these ..."Oh Sh!t"....and "emergencies"........?????

Being a new guy.....Fill me in here..!!!!! :roflol::roflol:

On a 32 round course if you have 7 moons you have 42 rounds available. Fumble a reload and drop the moon in the dirt, you're cutting it real close on the rest of the course. Having a couple of spare moons is occasionally helpful.

8 on a North Mountain in front, 2 on a North Mountain single-post on the left side, and 1 CCW behind the holster for initial loading. Can't say I've ever needed the extra ones on the left, but it's nice to have insurance.

Kind of like going to the line with 4 mags for Limited / Open when you rarely need more than 2.

I have 1 in a California Comp. on my left hip for my starting load. Then 9 on my 4 post North Mt. holder. 3 on left 2 posts, then 2 on 3rd and 1 on 4th (right) post. I shoot a 610 so my forties will stack 3 deep on the NM posts.

Hey Danbagger, you're going to confuse all the "real" new guys! Did you make it out the the IRC to at least "encourage" Bagakis?

Watching Carmoney "EXPLODE" Moon Clips at the 2006? Sunflower Classic was priceless. He was using those Clip On Carriers at the time.

I've not had that problem with North Mountain Holders though.

I use a single 4 post NM Carrier and add an extra Moonclip turned upside down for the LAMR command.

Thats 54 rounds.

If a course looks really long, difficult or tricky and may require more than the 8+1, you can stick a few in a pocket, add a clip on carrier or two, some jeans still provide that pocket watch pocket that seems to fit 2 rounds of a loaded Moonclip perfectly. Or you can add a couple onto the 4 post NM Carrier either uspide down or even sat normally (though that way you need to use them 1st as they're not very secure).

Edited by pskys2

Watching Carmoney "EXPLODE" Moon Clips at the 2006? Sunflower Classic was priceless. He was using those Clip On Carriers at the time.

Yeah, I remember that one all too well. I had to go to my "emergency" moonclip to engage the last array clear down at the far right hand corner of the bay! This was another good example of why people need to shit-can those cheesy metal "shoot the moon" holders and get something that will hold the moons in place at a full run but still release them easily into the hand when you need them. The North Mountain product does exactly that--which is why I recommend them so highly, despite never receiving a penny's worth of endorsement money from the grouchy old bastard who makes them. ;)

Just yesterday I launched on a track meet/36-round field course with the usual six speedloaders on the left front of my belt and one in the shirt pocket to charge the old Highway Patrolman at "Make Ready".

Sure enough, I botched one reload and managed to only get four rounds in the gun, destroying an upcoming reload point. So, I reloaded early and then, a while later, managed to miss a popper several times... late in the course, full-power .357s in a four-inch gun, fatigue setting in, obvious lack of skill, focus, and talent... and came to the very last popper with nothing but a big, quiet click left in the gun to shoot it with.

Those two extra speedloaders back in the range bag came to mind, after that.

That's what shirt pockets are for: emergency speedloaders.

What are all these ..."Oh Sh!t"....and "emergencies"........?????

Um, I had one of these recently at the IRC. What possessed me to grab a ninth moon I don't know. Usually I have 8 TK Custom Moon clip holders.. but something happened that caused me to get down to the last shot on the last moon from my belt and that was #9 for the stage.. Front sight dropped off somewhere and I didn't see it drop until after the buzzer went off..