Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open Gun Opinions

RangerTrace

Gary Natale just (Fedex delivered it today!) finished the one with the red grip (Quinn mount). He finished the blue grip (Barry mount) in March. 3500+ rounds through it without a single problem related to the gun. Fast, professional, and resonably priced.

Matt give me more info on that new blaster. Slide weight and which comp he used.

Edited by Fireant

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gary Natale just (Fedex delivered it today!) finished the one with the red grip (Quinn mount). He finished the blue grip (Barry mount) in March. 3500+ rounds through it without a single problem related to the gun. Fast, professional, and resonably priced.

Matt give me more info on that new blaster. Slide weight and which comp he used.

10.5 oz..........#12 Comp........AET barrel

post-11497-1246730585_thumb.jpgpost-11497-1246730602_thumb.jpgI think that some of you are absolutely correct in the fact that Master Level Gunsmiths are going to build Great Guns.

And I have seen alot of Really Bad A$$ guns out there that function and run like a scalded dawg.

Now it comes down to your personal taste and customer service

My guns were built by Bedell Custom

As was the Open gun Max Michel is Shooting at the World Shoot Right now.

To quote Max, " I normally have to wait on my gun to cycle, this gun is so smooth and fast it is waiting on me".

Check it out.

My open gun was built by: (in order of the Gunsmith's who've had it and worked on it) SVI Factory, Josh Halfman, Brazos Custom, Gene Shuey, SVI again, Robert Johnson, Doug Jones, and Millenium Custom. I think it actually works now.

:surprise:

My open gun was built by: (in order of the Gunsmith's who've had it and worked on it) SVI Factory, Josh Halfman, Brazos Custom, Gene Shuey, SVI again, Robert Johnson, Doug Jones, and Millenium Custom. I think it actually works now.

:surprise:

How do i get a hold of Josh Halfman. He built my open. Is he still working on them?

I voted other, I bought it used so I don't know who was the original builder was. But, it was rebuilt by All Custom Firearms in Sierra Vista (Mike Chudomelka) which sadly is no longer open/in business. :unsure:

Kendall

• 2 weeks later...
For those of you who choose "other" would you please add a post with the builder's name?

I don't know who built mine.It is on a tripp frame with a caspain slide and a nowlin barrel.It looks bad due to some very poor milling on the slide but runs 100% and is accurate beyond my needs so I'm very happy with it

Edited by ashman627

• 4 weeks later...

Met Dan heck about 5 years ago. Not only did I gt one heck of a nice gun, but now he's one of my best friends! Great guy who is open to all questions and really takes the time to do all the little things right. My next gun.....yup, Bedell Custom!

• 2 weeks later...
post-11497-1246730585_thumb.jpgpost-11497-1246730602_thumb.jpgI think that some of you are absolutely correct in the fact that Master Level Gunsmiths are going to build Great Guns.

And I have seen alot of Really Bad A$$ guns out there that function and run like a scalded dawg.

Now it comes down to your personal taste and customer service

My guns were built by Bedell Custom

As was the Open gun Max Michel is Shooting at the World Shoot Right now.

To quote Max, " I normally have to wait on my gun to cycle, this gun is so smooth and fast it is waiting on me".

Check it out.

Are you saying that Max is still shooting open with 2011? I thought he went with X-Five open, which is crap by the way. I have a disappointed friend to confirm that.

"Are you saying that Max is still shooting open with 2011? I thought he went with X-Five open, which is crap by the way. I have a disappointed friend to confirm that."

I never knew that the X-Five existed in open class. I did a search on the net and HOLY CRAP! :surprise: $5500... REALLY? In what way was your friend dissapointed? Did he pay the $5500?

He payed 3400 Euros which is 4900$. Gun was delivered directly from Sig Sauer Master Shop Germany with Aimpoint . After aprox. 9K round he had to sent it back for slide replacement, because old one was so damaged from barrel locking. They replaced it with no questions asked. (Wish I had photos, it was very interesting damage.)

Edited by Maks_H

• 3 weeks later...
Met Dan heck about 5 years ago. Not only did I gt one heck of a nice gun, but now he's one of my best friends! Great guy who is open to all questions and really takes the time to do all the little things right. My next gun.....yup, Bedell Custom!

Plus one to that. I have had Dan build two guns and consider him a very good friend.