Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who Makes the Cheapest Single Stack Mag Pouches?

DyNo!

I'm looking at getting into shooting single stack and I need to buy a whole bunch.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

This caught my eye but is a little pricey for me:

dscf0994x.jpg

Botach Tactical has the Blackhawk CQC SS Mag Pouches on their website for $15.95. Here's the link:

http://www.botachtactical.com/cqccamapo.html

These are the ones I use and have modified them. I cut 1" off the face for more mag exposure and 1/2" off the retention device making a secure yet quick reload. I also put a piece of velro on the exposed side of the clip to furthermore secure it to my belt. Just my $.02.

Regards,

Brian

DyNo!,

You'll get by just fine with cheap mag pouches, but don't buy cheap magazines. Spend the money, and buy some good ones.

Good advice. Cheap mags have a tendency to ruin a good day at the range.

Edited by chemepharmd

Well if you are looking for cheap I have a staple gun and some cardboard.... ROFL Just kidding. In all honesty get whatever you can afford that will fit the job, your shooting style and not fall apart in a few months. Sometimes you just have to save up and get something better than the cheapest if you plan on using it for very long. Better to spend more once than to spend less five or six times.

Joe W.

I'll add my +1 to the Uncle Mike's recommendation. We're talking about the hard-molded kydex version, by the way, not the floppy nylon stuff. I have used the Uncle Mike's pouches and 1911 belt holster for years, including 4 Single Stack Classics, and they have served very well.

I've got the SS Blackhawks. They hold the mags fine. I just upgraded to the CS Speed belt and pouches so these won't be getting much use.

I might come off 3-4 to get you started. PM me if you're interested.

Hello: Buy yourself 3 double Uncle Mikes mag holders. They work great and are very stable on your belt. I like them better than the single Uncle Mikes mag holders. Thanks, Eric

Of those two, I'd go with the Uncle Mikes, as it will allow you to get more hand on the magazine when pulling it out.

One other piece of advice... if you do decide to go with some double pouches, get at least one single pouch, as that will give you some options when configuring your belt around the loops on your pants. Remember that when you shoot SS/CDP, you have to keep the mags behind the hip bone. If you're not going to use an inner/outer belt combo (which I suspect) you'll want a single pouch to get in front of or behind the beltloop that's either going to be directly on the side of the pants or a little forward. I've always used single pouches, which has been a life saver as my pants change and the belt loops move someplace else.

EDIT TO ADD: Having given the plus to the Uncle Mike's as a "cheap" mag pouch, I would not recommend it as an overall pouch. You really want something that has tension adjusting screws built into it. This is what I use: http://www.blade-tech.com/Single-Magazine-...VED-pr-834.html I realize that these probably don't qualify as "cheap", but I've been using them for something like 6 years now and (despite some misinformed adultrous thoughts about other pouches) I'm totally committed to them and they haven't worn out at all. What's nice about this pouch is that you can loosen the tension screw right down to where it barely keeps the pouch in when you're running but allows you to really rip the magazine out of the pouch when you need it. If nothing else, strongly consider getting one pouch like this for the front of your belt, as this will be the pouch you'll use/need the most.

Edited by jkrispies

One of the guys at our club uses spring steel mag holders that look like these:

http://www.botachtactical.com/kzclmaho.htm

but they don't list an SS variant...will keep looking, cuz for $5.95 you can't go wrong.

...found 'em here, but $11.16:

http://www.copsplus.com/prodnum1725.php

Not sure if Safariland makes them anymore as their latest website doesn't even list competition gear.

Edited by gino_aki

I found a guy who makes them at home. I have about 20 of them total. His email is tacticalkydex@bellsouth.net and he does them for 15 or $16 a PAIR and they are pretty nice, adjustable retention....good enough for single stack. Email him. He also makes double stack mags which i use in production.

Dave

I found a guy who makes them at home. I have about 20 of them total. His email is tacticalkydex@bellsouth.net and he does them for 15 or $16 a PAIR and they are pretty nice, adjustable retention....good enough for single stack. Email him. He also makes double stack mags which i use in production.

Dave

YES!!

I use his in all of my guns (Glock, M&P, 1911) and they work great!

Just paypal him the money and you'll have them within 3-5 days, no shit.

You might want to check out the Blade tech Quad Mag holder. It keeps 4 mags pretty close together. A couple of guys at our club use them and they really like them.

http://www.blade-tech.com/Quad-Mag-Pouch-w...ok-pr-1017.html

Randy

Are the outside magazines within 2" of the inside of the belt? If not, it isn't legal for Single Stack.

Edited by jkrispies

You might want to check out the Blade tech Quad Mag holder. It keeps 4 mags pretty close together. A couple of guys at our club use them and they really like them.

Randy

Are the outside magazines within 2" of the inside of the belt? If not, it isn't legal for Single Stack.

They look to be well within 2". My brother has some, and I will check.

Randy

For singlestack they quads are withing the 2 inches. I had one but much prefer the singles/doubles. The quad keeps them close to the front but they are harder to get out for the outer mags as you cant get a finger on the inside as the other mag is there

For singlestack they quads are withing the 2 inches. I had one but much prefer the singles/doubles. The quad keeps them close to the front but they are harder to get out for the outer mags as you cant get a finger on the inside as the other mag is there

There is one that's like the Bladetech quad, but the magazines are staggered, which should help with what you're talking about. I thought it was made by CR Speed, but I just looked at their site and didn't spot it.

Randy

I'd recommend against the quad. The outside and inside mags are too close to each other, not much room for your fingers in between them.

I have a couple of blackhawk singles and I modified them to be "not-as-deep" (easy dremel job). If I was doing this over again, I'd get three of THESE or THESE and be set with 6 mags on the belt. If you want to go with singles THESE look are pretty good for the $$.

Good luck,