Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 South Carolina Section Championship

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh-oh...If Jack is at the range we'll have to pull all the nails and "move this over there...slide that just a bit more..."

If anyone is showing up for the first time, remember lots of sunscreen! White-ish sand and no brain yesterday left me with a mildly burned face. Didn't improve the looks, though...

Leam

Uh-oh...If Jack is at the range we'll have to pull all the nails and "move this over there...slide that just a bit more..."

If anyone is showing up for the first time, remember lots of sunscreen! White-ish sand and no brain yesterday left me with a mildly burned face. Didn't improve the looks, though...

Leam

Leam,

After last nights storm, I just hope everything is still there!!! :blink::surprise:

Good luck to all. It is very disapointing to be stuck back here in PA while you all are shooting this great match. Extra good luck to all my friends who made the trip without me. See you all in October!!!!

Mike

Edited by mikegot38

We had to do a little with our stage, as it got muddy from last night's rain. In general, though, today was nice. Cooler, still some sun, and less pollen in the air. The guys on my squard were fun, we had some close calls on lines, but no real issues that didn't get fixed. When there was an issue Jack or one of the others were on the scene quickly, listened well, and helped clarify. For those who have not shot here before, the SC folks are putting on a class act!

The only real issue has been a moral one. They have a BBQ vendor on site for meals. Food is good, but BARBQUE SAUCE IS NOT YELLOW! I'm expecting an FDA raid at any time. For the uneducated:

Leam

Edited by leam

I shot the match yesterday ( my first major match ), and I had a blast. Sorry I couldn't go back today and watch more of the action but I had to high tail it out of there last night to head to Charleston for a wedding today.

Stages were fun and challenging.

I want to thank my squad mates and RO, they were all great guys and great shooters.

Got to shoot with Lord High Gomer...it was a pleasure Mike! And I will contact you in the weeks to come and take you up on that offer of reloading.

Special thanks to Jack Suber, Linda Chico and the rest of the hard working men and women at MCRC for putting on a great match!

Thank you!

This was an awesome match and was a blast. Big thanks to Jack, Linda, the ROs and Staff for a fine job during the match. Definately a big thank you to all of the volunteers from Midcarolina Gun Club for their hard work taping targets and resetting steel. The stages were a blast to shoot and very well designed and setup.

Looking forward to next year and see what Lee has instore.......

Also thanks to all the match sponsors!

Edited by HGExplosive

Wow, first time I picked up the gun since the Nationals last year...and it showed. I had some uncharacteristic gun problems on a couple of stages too (3 jams on one stage alone), not cool man, not cool. The Match was great and it was wonderful seeing everybody on the range. A huge thanks to all the staff for making this happen. It's hard enough to just have a match, there is so much that goes on behind the scenes, but to have a great match, that's something special! Thanks again to everybody, and please don't let me forget to thank the sponsors as well.

Yes, it was a great Match. A big thanks to Linda, Jack, Julie, Tom, Donnie, and everyone else that made it so good.

Glenn, it was fun shooting with you guys. Maybe one of these days we can plan a trip south for you guys to hit our local USPSA match and my reloading cave.

Thanks to John2A for having us on his stage again this year. It's a pleasure to work with and learn from a CRO that knows his stuff.

I did learn the hard way not to buy a gun on Thursday and shoot it in a match on Friday. Most people would have realized that when the front sight fell off during the exhaustived 30 round break in procedure. Luckily I had an extra front sight that I was able to properly align using my eyechrometer. That allowed me to give the gun a chance to see what other defects it had that didn't show up during the exhaustive break in.

I had WAAY too much fun at and after the banquet! Tony should do standup. He is hilarious and his delivery is perfect.

Edited by High Lord Gomer

Yes, it was a great Match. A big thanks to Linda, Jack, Julie, Tom, Donnie, and everyone else that made it so good.

Glenn, it was fun shooting with you guys. Maybe one of these days we can plan a trip south for you guys to hit our local USPSA match and my reloading cave.

Thanks to John2A for having us on his stage again this year. It's a pleasure to work with and learn from a CRO that knows his stuff.

I did learn the hard way not to buy a gun on Thursday and shoot it in a match on Friday. Most people would have realized that when the front sight fell off during the exhaustived 30 round break in procedure. Luckily I had an extra front sight that I was able to properly align using my eyechrometer. That allowed me to give the gun a chance to see what other defects it had that didn't show up during the exhaustive break in.

I had WAAY too much fun at and after the banquet! Tony should do standup. He is hilarious and his delivery is perfect.

HLG, if you only had some good friends that would have warned you about shooting a "NEW" gun the day after you bought it at a MAJOR match.

BTW, what do you plan on shooting for A6? :P

We had a total of 195 competitors at the 2010 South Carolina USPSA Championship this past weekend. Congratulations to all of our winners:

Chris Tilley - Open Division Winner

Todd Jarret - Limited Division Winner

Michael Holler - Production Division Winner

Rob Jesse - Single Stack Division Winner

Josh Lentz - Revolver Division Winner

James Smith - Limited 10 Division Winner

Rebecca Jones - High Lady Open Division

Sarah Irish - Top Junior Open Division

Matthew Pressley - Top Junior Limited Division

Sandra Orvig - High Lady Limited Division

Our State Champions are:

Clint Upchurch - Open Division

Robbie Wheaton - Limited Division

Bob Bailey - Production Division

Eddie Hughes - Revolver Division

James Smith - Limited 10 Division

Congratulations!

I also want to recognize all of our sponsors for the match:

Red Dot Shooting

Rugged Gear

Redding Reloading

Starline

Montana Gold

Rainier Ballistics

Velocity Shooter

Chris Paty Winning Shooting Supplies

STI

PrenmEar Hearing

We really appreciate their support. Please remember to thank them and send business their way!

Finally, I want to thank our Mid-Carolina Rifle Club crew and volunteers for supporting USPSA and our state matches for the last 7 years. Always, thanks to Linda Chico for keeping things running smoothly and to our Club President - Tom Thompson and our Range Master - Donnie Bryson. We are going to give the club a break. The 2011 South Carolina Section Championship will be held at Palmetto Gun Club in Charleston, Sc, on May 6-7, 2011. Lee King will be the Match Director (sucker!) :devil::devil: .

I also want to thank the crew from Palmetto Gun Club (Chester, Aline, Lee, Mike, Geroge and Mike) for supporting our match every year. They always bring a challenging stage to the match. Also, thanks to James Flowers for designing and bringing a stage this year. Finally, a big thanks to Stan Johnson and the Pinetuckey crew for bringing two stages to the match.....

I have uploaded some pictures I took to the South Carolina Section's Facebook page - if you took some at the match please feel free to share pix on FB. I will also upload them on the section website soon.

Thanks to everyone for their continued support of the match. See you on the range...

Edited by Jack Suber

What a great weekend! I got to shoot with a bunch of great friends at one of the best put together matches in the country. My son had a great time also. He got to make a lot of new friends that are the future of our sport. It was awsome to see all the junior shooters at the match. Congratulations to all the juniors; and remember it is never about how good you get but how good you give back. Thanks again to everyone responsible for such a wonderful match.

Correction to Jack's post:

South Carolina Revolver Champion is Greg Queen. Greg is also a new Mid Carolina Rifle Club member and helped during the setup days for the match. Clearly, a great addition to our club.

And the reference to Chris Patty should be for Chris Patty's Winning Shooting Accessories (CPWSA), who is also one of the businesses you will find in the Vendor Tent here on the BE Forum.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2010 SC State Match Statistician

Edited by LChico

A huge thanks to all the staff for making this happen. It's hard enough to just have a match, there is so much that goes on behind the scenes, but to have a great match, that's something special! Thanks again to everybody, and please don't let me forget to thank the sponsors as well.

i agree with all of that. 8 fun and challenging stages. plus a great venue...i love those high sand/dirt walls at the MCRC.

This was a great match! Perfect weather, great stages and country club shooting-no pasting or setting steel! Jack and Linda, Tom Thompson-all of you-thanks for a stupendously good match. Thank you to all the RO's and club members. Great competition as well. I agree with Robbie-I love seeing all the juniors out there competing.

The Irish family would also like to express their thanks to everyone involved in putting on this well-run fun match. We had heard it is one of those "don't miss" matches. We were fortunate the timing worked out well for the long drive from MI. Well worth it.

Thanks again,

Sue, Sarah and Steve

I had a lot of fun at the match. Good round counts, very good stages with lots of activity. The props were good, and the folks working the match were great. It isn't often that you have people paste and reset for you. All you had to do was figure out your game plan (and then stick to it), and shoot. I could get spoiled! Now if I could just get my wife to follow me around holding an umbrella over my head! I'm still trying to figure out how to get a reshoot on stage 8. Total crash and burn. Maybe I should change my name to "Stevie Wonder"!

Correction to Jack's post:

South Carolina Revolver Champion is Greg Queen. Greg is also a new Mid Carolina Rifle Club member and helped during the setup days for the match. Clearly, a great addition to our club.

And the reference to Chris Patty should be for Chris Patty's Winning Shooting Accessories (CPWSA), who is also one of the businesses you will find in the Vendor Tent here on the BE Forum.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2010 SC State Match Statistician

You know what they say......behind every good man is a great woman keeping him in line. <_<

We had a total of 195 competitors at the 2010 South Carolina USPSA Championship this past weekend. Congratulations to all of our winners:

Chris Tilley - Open Division Winner

Todd Jarret - Limited Division Winner

Michael Holler - Production Division Winner

Rob Jesse - Single Stack Division Winner

Josh Lentz - Revolver Division Winner

James Smith - Limited 10 Division Winner

Rebecca Jones - High Lady Open Division

Sarah Irish - Top Junior Open Division

Matthew Pressley - Top Junior Limited Division

Sandra Orvig - High Lady Limited Division

Our State Champions are:

Clint Upchurch - Open Division

Robbie Wheaton - Limited Division

Bob Bailey - Production Division

Eddie Hughes - Revolver Division

James Smith - Limited 10 Division

Congratulations!

I also want to recognize all of our sponsors for the match:

Red Dot Shooting

Rugged Gear

Redding Reloading

Starline

Montana Gold

Rainier Ballistics

Velocity Shooter

Chris Paty Winning Shooting Supplies

STI

PrenmEar Hearing

We really appreciate their support. Please remember to thank them and send business their way!

Finally, I want to thank our Mid-Carolina Rifle Club crew and volunteers for supporting USPSA and our state matches for the last 7 years. Always, thanks to Linda Chico for keeping things running smoothly and to our Club President - Tom Thompson and our Range Master - Donnie Bryson. We are going to give the club a break. The 2011 South Carolina Section Championship will be held at Palmetto Gun Club in Charleston, Sc, on May 6-7, 2011. Lee King will be the Match Director (sucker!) :devil::devil: .

I also want to thank the crew from Palmetto Gun Club (Chester, Aline, Lee, Mike, Geroge and Mike) for supporting our match every year. They always bring a challenging stage to the match. Also, thanks to James Flowers for designing and bringing a stage this year. Finally, a big thanks to Stan Johnson and the Pinetuckey crew for bringing two stages to the match.....

I have uploaded some pictures I took to the South Carolina Section's Facebook page - if you took some at the match please feel free to share pix on FB. I will also upload them on the section website soon.

Thanks to everyone for their continued support of the match. See you on the range...

Thanks Jack,but Greg is a good friend of mine AND I don't think HE,will share this,,congrats,Greg Queen SC.REV CHAMPION--BUT I DID GET HIE CHECK---