Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Take the Poll - Are you working today?

Off today. :cheers: Local gov't worker. The whole city is shut down except police and fire.

Hey fullauto, Does the Army still endorse the rule that I remember we called, "If it's a three day it's a four day"? Weekend that is. I don't remember ever being off for only 3 days on a weekend holiday such as today. Except when I was a drill sergeant. Hell I don't even think I knew what day of the week it was for 2 years. Ah, the good old days.

Edited by sandman78

I am not at my day job, but I am fighting with Blue Cross Blue Shield trying to get my money back over two claims. ...But now, I think I will call SingleStack and see if he wants to go send a few down range.

Edited by TM262

I'm sort of in the "other" category. My primary job now is to get my house sold and so I can move to my new office. I went in for a couple of hours, but now I'm at the house waiting for a real estate agent to bring a client for a showing (someone has to be here to buzz them in the development). After I leave here I'm going back to the office and then to the range to test fire/zero my new issued pistol...of all the painful days ;)

Sort of. I am working on a schedule to send to a civil servant back east who I am sure is not working today: Why? cuz we said we were gonna! I wish I was more of a slacker...

Have an nice weekend, everyone!

Chuck

Off today. :cheers: Local gov't worker. The whole city is shut down except police and fire.

Hey fullauto, Does the Army still endorse the rule that I remember we called, "If it's a three day it's a four day"? Weekend that is. I don't remember ever being off for only 3 days on a weekend holiday such as today. Except when I was a drill sergeant. Hell I don't even think I knew what day of the week it was for 2 years. Ah, the good old days.

Here at Fort Hood, we extend every "normal" 3 day Federal holiday into 4 days. And the months where there are no Federal holidays, we get at least one 3 day weekend. With most of our Soldiers deployed roughly half the time over the past six years, it makes sense to give guys time with their families when we're not deployed. It takes a whole lot of weekends to make up for 30 or more months gone from home since the war started.