Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

"Dude, where's my car?"

ima45dv8

...er, I mean...my gun!

Shot a 6-stage Classifier Special at South River today, with the goal of getting classed with my SS gun before Area 6 in 2 weeks. Lots of dry-fire this week, and my last couple of matches with it went pretty well. Starting to feel very connected to the old work horse again.

Get to the range, register, visit with friends and go to get ready.

Belt and holster on - check.

Load (many) mags - check.

Eye and ear protection - check.

Open range bag to get pistol and heart sinks to my boots - check.

I've left my belt and holster at home, I've left my belt and holster at the range, I've arrived with no ammo. Until today I have never gottent to the match without my blaster.

Thank God Singlestack was there with a singlestack he loaned me to shoot singlestack.

:wacko:

Don't feel bad.

A couple of years ago, Mrs. Airedale was making us late to the match. I was fuming and driving a tad faster than I should have.

We arrived just before the match started (with both of us PO'd) and found that I had forgotten to put her belt rig in the truck!

It was a long, quiet ride home.

Dave

...er, I mean...my gun!

Shot a 6-stage Classifier Special at South River today, with the goal of getting classed with my SS gun before Area 6 in 2 weeks. Lots of dry-fire this week, and my last couple of matches with it went pretty well. Starting to feel very connected to the old work horse again.

Get to the range, register, visit with friends and go to get ready.

Belt and holster on - check.

Load (many) mags - check.

Eye and ear protection - check.

Open range bag to get pistol and heart sinks to my boots - check.

I've left my belt and holster at home, I've left my belt and holster at the range, I've arrived with no ammo. Until today I have never gottent to the match without my blaster.

Thank God Singlestack was there with a singlestack he loaned me to shoot singlestack.

:wacko:

i did the same thing sunday. i got lucky as well, a fellow shooter had an extra rig and lent it to me.

lynn

Blaster, bullets, bag, and belt.........The 4 "B,s"

After you've been doing this a while, you'll get it. :roflol::roflol::roflol:

MAGS? What about Mags? They dont start with a B. How do you remember to bring your mags?

For Boz it does start with a B. Big sticks.

AL

.........And the look on your face when you realize you forgot your gun....PRICELESS. Well Mark at least you weren't at a gunfight just a gun match.

AL

Oh, I had my carry piece (my version of an American Express card -- "I don't leave home without it.")!

At one time or another I have left everything at home except for the gun and been able to borrow enough gear, bullets or magazines to get me through the match.

However one time it was very close. I was at a High Power Rifle Match in Tacoma, WA (I'm from Spokane, 300 miles away). I was on the 1st relay of 3 and had shot the 200 yard standing portion of the match and was getting ready for the 200 yard rapid fire portion. I looked into my shooting stool and didn't find any clips, then in my shooting box -- still no clips. Out of position and out of the sling and run to the car to look through my gear bag. No Clips!

By then the range officer is wondering what I'm doing. I tell him that I don't seem to have any clips. And I don't see anyone else using an M1 Rifle. While the rest of the relay is shooting the 1st string of rapid fire a competitor on the next relay brings me two M1 Clips. I load my ammo into the clips and get to shoot my 1st string while everyone else is shooting their 2nd string. And lucky me, someone has an alibi and I get to shoot my second string with the alibi relay. Otherwise it would have been pack up the gear and go to the pits down 100 points.

NOT my 4 "B's" :cheers:

Please do enlighten us on YOUR 4 B's.

1. Balcohol (does that cover it) :roflol:

AL

Beer, Babes, Barbecue and Basketball?

NOT my 4 "B's" :cheers:

Please do enlighten us on YOUR 4 B's.

1. Balcohol (does that cover it) :roflol:

AL

Beer, Babes, Barbecue and Basketball?

Beer, Beer, Beer, Beer :closedeyes:

• 2 weeks later...

This weekend's match I had everything: pistol, magazines, ammunition, belt, hoster, shoes, ear protection, shooting glasses, positive attitude, etc. Until I went to load magazines after I shot the first stage and discovered I had 50 rounds of 9mm (of which I had just shot 24) and 150 rounds of .45. No, .45 ACP will not fit in my G34. How I did that I'll never know. It's in different sized boxes and labeled. Twenty minutes home for the correct ammo and twenty minutes back. Got back just as my squad finished the 2nd stage and they waited so I could shoot. I wonder what the look on my face was like as I stared at those nice shiny .45's...

This weekend's match I had everything: pistol, magazines, ammunition, belt, hoster, shoes, ear protection, shooting glasses, positive attitude, etc. Until I went to load magazines after I shot the first stage and discovered I had 50 rounds of 9mm (of which I had just shot 24) and 150 rounds of .45. No, .45 ACP will not fit in my G34. How I did that I'll never know. It's in different sized boxes and labeled. Twenty minutes home for the correct ammo and twenty minutes back. Got back just as my squad finished the 2nd stage and they waited so I could shoot. I wonder what the look on my face was like as I stared at those nice shiny .45's...

Since you're from Montana, you'll appreciate this. I drove from here in the Bozone to Billings for a club match, got all signed in, went to put on my belt...no belt, no holster, nothing. Just then Big Jo pulls in next to my rig. He's got an extra setup I can use, which is great. Only problem is you can wrap around me twice with one of Big Jo's belts. It was an interesting day trying to keep that gear on, the only thing holding it to me was the inner belt!

• 1 year later...

I always bring a spare production rig, G34, mags, and ammo to every match.

That way if someone else forgets, I got a full loaner rig/ammo.

Also, if I'm bringing 2 rigs, and 3 guns, I'm bound to remember at least enough to compete.

Not that long ago I was dicking with my rifle right before a match and I decided that I really should check the zero, so I slap it back together and run to the range. I had ammo, mags, rifle, targets, etc. What I didn't have was a charging handle.

The way I remember all the important stuff is with a "Four" of my own. It involves me doing a mental LAMR (Load And Make Ready). I actually visualize this in my head (and sometimes even say it to myself) before I walk out the door:

1. Bullets go in the ....

2. Mags go in the ....

3. Gun which goes in the ....

4. Holster/Belt.

Now you are ready to shoot. You can beg, borrow, or bring eyes & ears, shoes, or anything else you might need to get through the day. Have fun!