Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DQ and the DoubleTap

RangerTrace

I've read on here many times that there are shooters who have Disqualified and there are shooters that will disqualify..........Well, now I've disqualified and it was a big one :surprise:

The sad thing is that it was my very first stage (stage 1) and I had only shot about 8 rounds. Truly sad I know <_<

Anyway, the stage required you to move towards the 180 to get around a corner to the next array of targets. As I started around the corner with my muzzle pointed toward the back berm, I swept my right arm with the muzzle. That was the end right there! It was a huge (expensive) leason learned.

On a very positive note, I got to meet a lot of very cool people (lots of brianenos forum members) and everyone was very understanding about my DQ. :cheers:

I'm looking forward to the local match in Tyler next week so I can get back on that horse :roflol:

DAMN TRACE! Sorry to hear that. I got mine last summer at VA-MD section. It was so hot I got confused and went right in stead of left and broke the 180 on my reload when I started to the left. Lesson learned.

It hurts to lose the $$, but I bet you'll be more conscientious next time.

As I started around the corner with my muzzle pointed toward the back berm, I swept my right arm with the muzzle. That was the end right there! It was a huge (expensive) leason learned.

DQ is cheaper than ER.

Glad everything is OK.

There may be another positive outcome from my short trip to the DTR...........on the way home, my wife inquired about purchasing a pistol for her to start shooting in the USPSA :surprise: It seems that after watching some of the female shooters walking around, she understood that "girly girls" can be shooters too! THANK YOU to all the female shooters at the DTR :cheers:

There may be another positive outcome from my short trip to the DTR...........on the way home, my wife inquired about purchasing a pistol for her to start shooting in the USPSA :surprise: It seems that after watching some of the female shooters walking around, she understood that "girly girls" can be shooters too! THANK YOU to all the female shooters at the DTR :cheers:

Sweet!

Sucks you DQ'd Trace. I can say from experience that I have learned from it. I am sure you will too.

That is cool your wife wants a gun for USPSA now. Don't hold back on what you buy. Get her the best blaster out there. If she changes her mind later it's your's!

Trace, show her the pics of my newly-painted Pink Trubor and pink alligator gun case that kgunz11 just posted... she'll definitely need something like that once she gets started! :goof:

Trace,

If she wants to shoot Open one weekend, just let me know and I'll load up some extra ammo. She can shoot Patty's Brazos or my Hawley Custom (although mine is setup for lefty, as you know!).......

-Mike

What is a little more depressing is that it only took a few minutes to figure out what I did wrong and how to fix it. I always wondered why those fast guys ran with there pistol in a higher position with their elbow raised out to the side. Now I know! :roflol:

Edited by rangertrace

I've read on here many times that there are shooters who have Disqualified and there are shooters that will disqualify..........Well, now I've disqualified and it was a big one :surprise:

The sad thing is that it was my very first stage (stage 1) and I had only shot about 8 rounds. Truly sad I know <_<

Anyway, the stage required you to move towards the 180 to get around a corner to the next array of targets. As I started around the corner with my muzzle pointed toward the back berm, I swept my right arm with the muzzle. That was the end right there! It was a huge (expensive) leason learned.

On a very positive note, I got to meet a lot of very cool people (lots of brianenos forum members) and everyone was very understanding about my DQ. :cheers:

I'm looking forward to the local match in Tyler next week so I can get back on that horse :roflol:

Trace,

It was a bummer. My stomach was in a knot when I saw that happen to you. I was kinda jealous that you were going to be some place warm for the rest of the day.

It was a pleasure to meet you and I hope to shoot with you again someday. As we talked about it, wash it away in your mind, and learn every time you shoot in practice or a match.

Good Luck my Friend

I know this is a thread drift but;

That's why my wife started shooting too. (Seeing that it's not just a guys game)

Gary

Thanks guys :rolleyes: It would have been great to shoot the match.

That movement is something I should have worked on in practice or had the sense to figure out on the walk thru. It's just something I hadn't done before.

I ordered Burkett's videos from Brian last night which is something I should have done last year <_< Hopefully they will help :cheers:

:cheers: Sorry about having to DQ you. Hope you will come back and see us again. The weather wasn't good this year at all, I hope you will give it another shot. RM

No apology needed. I earned the DQ and I'm not upset with anyone other than myself. I learned from it and will put in it my tool box. I'll be there next year and hope to shoot the entire match :cheers: AND I will bring more clothes :roflol:

At least you got to go to the match, Trace! My one DQ so far was at Area 4, on my second stage. Had to shoot through four ports then open a door. Moving backward to the fourth port and reloading at the same time, I broke the 180. I got REALLY good at taping for the next day and a half!

:cheers: Sorry about having to DQ you. Hope you will come back and see us again. The weather wasn't good this year at all, I hope you will give it another shot. RM

No apology needed. I earned the DQ and I'm not upset with anyone other than myself. I learned from it and will put in it my tool box. I'll be there next year and hope to shoot the entire match :cheers: AND I will bring more clothes :roflol:

don't feel bad, Trace - my good friend, the RO who DQ'd you - finally finished more DTC's than he had been DQ'd from.... He got pipped on the first two, and has now succesfully made it through 3. He's very happy and we're proud of him for sticking with it.