Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Destroyed my back...

Seth

Taking the trash out last night, I turned to walk down the flight of 6 stair in my garage. One step and I tripped on a boot I left on the steps to dry --- Grabbed a BIG handful of railing and it broken off the wall. Down I went.

One trip to the hospital on a backboard in an ambulance and a contrasted cat scan later and I'm SERIOUSLY bruised and battered, but not broken. Interestingly, the pain feel a LOT like blowtorch on skin when I twist. Nothing a week wasted in bed wont' improve.

Thanks guys. This SUCKS--- I HATE being broken.

I hate the way the meds make me tired and dopey, I hate being stuck in bed, and I am serious pissed. The doc was pretty seriously concerned about a ruptured kidney or spleen, so I guess I got luck with just a monster bruise. I'm still overwhelmed at the blowtorch on skin feeling if I move wrong.......

I hate the way the meds make me tired and dopey, I hate being stuck in bed, and I am serious pissed. The doc was pretty seriously concerned about a ruptured kidney or spleen, so I guess I got luck with just a monster bruise. I'm still overwhelmed at the blowtorch on skin feeling if I move wrong.......

Seth, if you want to shoot Fredricksburg...I could push you around in a wheelchair? :cheers: Get better soon!

Hope you come through okay... with a back you just never know. I had a little something the doctors said would be fine. Every now and then I move wrong and I'm in for a week of pain. Hell, sometimes I just sneeze wrong and it fobar for a week.

Damn Seth....that sucks! All I can say is do exactly what the doc tells you to do...even though it bites.

I'm not all about crying foul and running to lawyers every time something happens, but WTF are handrails for if you can't grab them when you slip without pulling them out of the wall? :angry2:

It broke. Shit happens. Nobody's fault that it broke and I don't expect to get paid because I fell down.

The good news is that the damage was all muscular. Hopefully a little rest and I'll come back fine. I am going to be pissed if I can't shoot next weekend.

It broke. Shit happens. Nobody's fault that it broke and I don't expect to get paid because I fell down.

I know you wouldn't expect to get paid for that, but it still bothers me that so many hand rails are made like crap and break easily. I pulled one out of the wall in my old place without even falling! Either make them right or don't put them up at all. People grab for them, to no avail, when they could be using that hand/arm to at least break their fall a little. In fact, having that arm out there flailing at the rail puts folks more off balance and they tend to hit harder....adds insult to injury.

Hopefully you won't miss the match...that's always annoying. :(

Edited by G-ManBart

Had it held, I'd still be upright. The good news is that the anti inflam. and the relaxer are doing their job and I can move about a little. Its going to be a slow recovery, but that's way better than a ruptured spleen or a broken back. The glass is half full.

Get well Brother :cheers:

By the way, I met a fellow from Washington shooting a 6" Tripp gun at the DTR. He was pretty darn wicked with it! He was 53 years old and kicked some serious tail :surprise:

Take it easy, forget the match next week and let your back heal. Add a little Crown to the mix and you will heal faster :cheers:

Seth, if you want to shoot Fredricksburg...I could push you around in a wheelchair? :cheers: Get better soon!

Sorry to hear about the injury Seth. I hope it's 100% at Fredricksburg.

If not, I will assist Bigpops with the wheelchair by videotaping the event (someone will have to bring the vid machine though) B)

Update:

Day 4. Still lying around on a heating pad. I can walk, bend, and move around slowly. The Dr. changed the muscle relaxant to something with less side effects, so hopefully the dazed, stupid look will start to fade.

I am still hopeful to get to play this weekend, but honestly, that's only motivation to get better. Shame too....

I wish you a speedy recovery.

There is nothing worse then that split second between knowing you are going to take a fall and actually hiting the ground...

You're not kidding me!!!

I had that 'AWE FUUUUUUUUUDDDDGGGGEEEEEEE' and then grabbed the rail (SAFE! -- NOPE).... then I fell anyway. Hit the stairs so hard I had to look for my lungs. Sucked them back in and had to do a spectacles, testicles, watch and wallet....

I've had tons of back problems over the years. This book was given to me and it has made a world of difference. Do what it says and hopefully it will help you as much as it helped me. Only 10-15 bucks. Now, even when my back does act up, it only lasts a day or 2.

http://www.amazon.com/Egoscue-Method-Healt...n/dp/0060924306

Good Luck,,

Skip