Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Destroyed my back...

Seth

Day 5 - test day. Passed, barely. I can move, I can lift a little, but I've got a lot of strength to regain. I finally managed to walk up the stairs to the gun room and wave at all my toys, but I nearly passed out from the exhaustion and the heating pad on my back makes me sweat like a fat guy at an Indian restaurant.

I'm definitely not shooting at anything this weekend, unless shooting rubber bands at my wife counts.

Otherwise, I'm just overwhelmed with the urge to stretch a lot. It seems like the torn muscles are starting to reknit and want to be stretched.....

Day 5 - test day. Passed, barely. I can move, I can lift a little, but I've got a lot of strength to regain. I finally managed to walk up the stairs to the gun room and wave at all my toys, but I nearly passed out from the exhaustion and the heating pad on my back makes me sweat like a fat guy at an Indian restaurant.

I'm definitely not shooting at anything this weekend, unless shooting rubber bands at my wife counts.

Otherwise, I'm just overwhelmed with the urge to stretch a lot. It seems like the torn muscles are starting to reknit and want to be stretched.....

Sorry to hear that Seth, was looking forward to meeting you in person on Sunday. Next time!

Get well! :cheers:

Day 7. Feeling like I got in a fight with a gang of stairs. My lower back/love handle is showing a BIG ass lump of knotted muscle and the skin that felt like it was burning a week ago is still fairly pissed off.

The power company called this AM and asked that I turn the heating pad off for an hour so that the neighbor could make scrambled eggs...

Mobility is SLOWLY returning, but I am still VERY reticent to bend over at the waist. I have given up my goal of shooting this weekend for good, but hope to maybe make a mid-month match.

On an related note, the pills suck. One makes me nauseous and dizzy and the other makes me more nauseous and dizzy. Nice combo. When I was on the pain killer, at least I could sleep all day, but now I haven't slept since Sunday and I roll over every 15 minutes. The moral of this story is don't leave your boots on the stairs... your wife might make you take out a half full bag of trash b/c it has chinese food stink in it.

All in all, slow progress!

Day 9.

No more meds other than the anti inflamatory... and only one day left on it.

Range of motion is returning, but I'm quick to find out when I push too far. I'm hopeful that this winds up being more of a horrible couple of weeks, than a chronic condition. I still want to stretch a lot and the skin still feels a little like a bad sunburn, but I'll live.

It was great to see everyone at F-burg, if only for an hour! I'm glad it was a lovely day-- I was motivated to drive and act like a human. Now to stop being broken and start training.

It really disappointed me to miss this weekend. It was like missing opening day twice --- a beautiful day at yours AND f-burg!!! Next month is on like d-kong. I'm hopefully going to shoot a match mid month this month, F-burg and SWGC, then NC Section. I'm praying for recovery now!!! I tried on the belt this evening and did some dry fire. It hurt less than I suspected.