Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Standards at IRC

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way...there will be black X rings this year.

Thats a "no-no" Nelson........There are iron sight shooters using black "front/rear" sights. You just took away the ability to precision aim........A good thing for Dots.....NOT for irons.!!!!!

All black sights on a black spot............What ya think'n here..?????

Since your changing the shit out of stuff.....Then leave one of the three standards target groups plain and give folks a choice of "X" black or brown........Or better yet. Make the top X's black and the and the bottom X's BRIGHT orange..............

Dan

Edited by D.carden

By the way...there will be black X rings this year.

Thats a "no-no" Nelson........There are iron sight shooters using black "front/rear" sights. You just took away the ability to precision aim........A good thing for Dots.....NOT for irons.!!!!!

All black sights on a black spot............What ya think'n here..?????

Since your changing the shit out of stuff.....Then leave one of the three standards target groups plain and give folks a choice of "X" black or brown........Or better yet. Make the top X's black and the and the bottom X's BRIGHT orange..............

Dan

Sure Dan, is there anything else we can do for. Maybe we can get Vince to give you a foot massage when you go prone???

I think the cange to the new target will help both Iron and Dot shooters. It will allow you to concentrate on a 4 inch spot for very precision shots and will make the 8 inch A zone stand out more.

When we shoot bullseye, most of the scoring area is black.

Years ago when I shot archeryyou had to mark your hits on target. The trick was to use a dark marker and then you could focus on that spot to make all hour hits go in the center.

It shouldn't prove to be a problem. But since I've been inactive for such a long time I may not know what I'm talking abouut.

I've got to give Nelson a lot of credit. Over the past 5 or 6 years he's been match director he's made a lot of changes. He's stirred the pot and made thing interesting and enjoyable.

This has bee a great thread with lots of ideas brought forth challenged and smoothed. Hope everyone enjoys the matcb this year too.

I shot Nelson's No Par Standards at the Houge range this weekend. I don't like the change. The Far and Near was the signature stage of the IRC. Now it just another stage. And that's how it will be shot. The "No Par" will be shot squaded in the regular bay rotation. In the past, shooters could shoot the stage in their off hours, or when they felt like they were ready for it. Most gamers would try to shoot just before, or just after lunch becuse that's when the scoring rings were most visiable. The blacked out X ring is an attempt to equalize the time of day factor. I did get more X hits but ran over the old par times by a second or two on each string. I overheard Nelson state that this was the first time he enjoyed shooting the "Standards". It was better for him without the time limit pressure. Somehow, striving to get X's within the par time made the stage more enjoyable for me. Go figure.

Sure Dan, is there anything else we can do for. Maybe we can get Vince to give you a foot massage when you go prone???

Why don't the Open shooters get foot massages when we go prone....you Limited / Iron guys get all the perks, and a lighter gun, and faster transitions on close targets, and the nicer hotel rooms, and colder beer, and and and ...it's not fair. :P

Why don't the Open shooters get foot massages when we go prone....you Limited / Iron guys get all the perks, and a lighter gun, and faster transitions on close targets, and the nicer hotel rooms, and colder beer, and and and ...it's not fair. :P

Perhaps it's because we are shooting manly guns with manly sights. It also explains why we Limited shooters get all the hot revolver groupie chicks--they are turned on by iron sights. If you doubt that, just follow Bagakis around for awhile and you'll see what I mean. His cell phone never stops ringing.

Perhaps it's because we are shooting manly guns with manly sights. It also explains why we Limited shooters get all the hot revolver groupie chicks--they are turned on by iron sights. If you doubt that, just follow Bagakis around for awhile and you'll see what I mean. His cell phone never stops ringing.

Isn't his phone ringing because of all the other manly men calling him? :roflol: Also all the groupie chicks dig erotic open guns oh I mean exotic open guns. :devil:

Nelson here again,

About the poll on Far and Near Standards...The people I polled were the people who had signed up this year to shoot the IRC. I figure if they are shooting the IRC, they had the right to vote on Keeping or Deleting Far and Near. Now keep in mind, I cut off the voting somewhere around mid March.

Now is the question about the black X ring on the NRA D1 target. Is it or is it not an official ICORE target? If it is not, then we better get rid of the classifier "Time to Fly", "Thread the Needle", "Peek A Boo", "Quicky II", "Tight Squeeze", "Melody Line" and "Hoser Heaven" with black & white paint or tape on them. We have also shot through white no shoot targets with the A zone cut out, used white targets as shoot targets and yes, even painted the X ring black on targets on the stage "X Count" in last years IRC. So you tell me, I want your opinion, by making the X area on an NRA D1 target black is the target still an NRA D1 Official ICORE target or not?????????????

Have a good day,

Nelson :unsure:

Nelson, my understanding is that as long as you stick to the ICORE rule book, you can do whatever you like with the match, stages, etc. One thing that I would like to suggest that be done, is that for a $20 donation, the shooter at the Far and Near standard get at fresh set of targets. it would be fairly easy to do. have a target stand set up at the waiting area and you staple your set of targets to the sticks and just exchange them when the scoring is getting done. The donations could go toward whatever cause you would like.

Um, I don't think so... that's just wrong.. :P

Edited by sargenv

FYI

The new Bianchi target with the black dot is an AP-1.

From What I understand Nelson wil ljust be adding a Black spot on the X ring on the NRA D-1 which is not prohibited. For What It's Worth.. Lets' shoot it and if it makes it more enjoyable then Hooray.. if it does not, at least it will be a valiant effort and Hooray anyway. CYA there. :cheers: Later rdd

If I shoot better scores I am all for it and if I shoot worse scores then it sucks or could it be that if you just shoot all X's and A's it really won't matter what color the X-zone is. :goof:

I hear alot of talk, but has anyone actually set up the stage and shot it with the new rules yet? Our club at SLOSA shot "Timeless Far and Near" this month, and the results were clear. The "top" shooters got a little bit better or shot the same, and the shooters who are usually in the bottom half of the results got ALOT better! The black X is great! I shot 3 X's at 50, when I usually get B's and C's. My dad, who usually shoots over 100, shot an 80! I would love to hear some of you who have shot the new stage give imput.

I was against the change at first, but actually shooting the new stage gave me an informed opinion. :) Oh, and I enjoyed having the time to go prone at 25 and get X's as well. My dad was able to get all his shots off at 3 yds--very encouraging.

Chris

Edited by S&W627shooter

Maybe we can get Vince to give you a foot massage when you go prone???

HEY!! Until you have won a national championship on the North American continent, let's show some respect for Vince here!!

I seem to remember Cliff besting JM at the 2007 IPSC ?Qualifier? Championship Match, right after the '07 LPR USPSA Nats.

Of course my memory isn't what it should be and I can't find the results on USPSA's website.

Come on Cliff don't let mr. 3rd place put you down!

:cheers: Nelson here again,

Well guys the ruling on the black Xs is in. I can't use them at the IRC. I'm sorry for those including me that has spent time practicing shooting at those black spots. I think it is only fair since so many of you have waisted so much of the precious time we don't have, to just replace the 2 stages I had planned on using with black Xs. "Timeless Far and Near" and "X Count II" will be replaced with Run and Gun Field Courses. Don't all of you jump up and down with enjoyment at once...we don't need an earthquake. :wacko:

:cheers: Nelson here again,

Well guys the ruling on the black Xs is in. I can't use them at the IRC. I'm sorry for those including me that has spent time practicing shooting at those black spots. I think it is only fair since so many of you have waisted so much of the precious time we don't have, to just replace the 2 stages I had planned on using with black Xs. "Timeless Far and Near" and "X Count II" will be replaced with Run and Gun Field Courses. Don't all of you jump up and down with enjoyment at once...we don't need an earthquake. :wacko:

So am I to understand that this year's IRC will have no Far and near of any flavor?

So instead of just not putting black on the x-rings, like standards has never had, you are going to throw the stage out because you cannot have your way??? I guess I'm going to do some serious thinking here in the next couple of weeks and may ask for my $ back and go and shoot the High Desert Classic which is only a 4 hour drive instead of 18 hour drive. The tone of the IRC this years may just turn out to become a pissing match and may not want to be there for it.