Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

There is no shortage of primers...

Cy Soto

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang it, y'all are misspelling "hoarding"...!! It's got an "a" in it, folks. <_<

Well.... Maybe. From dictionary.com... Hording 1. a large group, multitude, number, etc.; a mass or crowd:

It seems "Hording" usually is used to refer to a group as in people where "Hoarding" is to gather or accumulate.

So... How about hoarding a horde of primers? :P:roflol:

Dang it, y'all are misspelling "hoarding"...!! It's got an "a" in it, folks. <_<

Sorry, I went to public school. (In California I might add)

My condoladences form a former Bay area resident now living in Texas.....

Jerry

we (as people) never learn, this is just like the housing situation but in a smaller scale , I believe that the bubble will burst, supply will catch up to demand and alot of people will be selling primers for 1/2 the price they paid for them when they lose thier jobs. And in that time I've got other hobbies I enjoy and will be backing off on shooting as many matches, until the primer supplies balace out. :unsure:

Optimistic thinking, and pessimistic at the same time, I like it.

I hope supply catches up soon, but I don't see it happening in 2009. There are too many folks out of supply and trying to catch up on the hoarding. I know of one guy that has $4 mil of components on order, and several dealers that have now tripled their previously placed orders. It's going to be a while before things catch up, and I don't see it happening this year.

Optimistic thinking, and pessimistic at the same time, I like it.

yea I don't look at the glass 1/2 empty or 1/2 full...as long as there is tequila in it I'm happy :cheers:

yea I figure this will take awhile to even out, and I'll just shoot what I can when I can

we (as people) never learn, this is just like the housing situation but in a smaller scale , I believe that the bubble will burst, supply will catch up to demand and alot of people will be selling primers for 1/2 the price they paid for them when they lose thier jobs. And in that time I've got other hobbies I enjoy and will be backing off on shooting as many matches, until the primer supplies balace out. :unsure:

You mean that "Primer Backed Securities" hedge fund I just invested in might have been a bad idea?

BTW - if I just lost my job, owe $100K on cars, student loans, and credit cards, and have no prospects for income in the next 18 months, can I get a loan to buy 50K primers for $90/thou?

You mean that "Primer Backed Securities" hedge fund I just invested in might have been a bad idea?

BTW - if I just lost my job, owe $100K on cars, student loans, and credit cards, and have no prospects for income in the next 18 months, can I get a loan to buy 50K primers for $90/thou?

and get bailout $$$$$$$$.... :goof:

What I hate beside primer shortage is the fact I ordered 2k SP & 2K LP CCI's from Cabellas three weeks ago. Everything on backorder, of course. I clicked tab to indicate ship when all items are available. UPS delivery this am, rather large box and since primers were the only thing I've ordered from Cabellas, I knew it was the primer order. Cut open the first box to find another large but smaller box inside. Opened that box that was stuffed with paper and found one flat of 1K CCI LP. Nothing else inside. Packing slip indicated my cc was charged total amount of order yet received 1/4th. Call to Cabellas to find out what and when on balance and told them that I was not going to pay any additional haz-mat fees for piece meal shipments. Long pause....hello?....."Do you wish to cancel the balance of order?"....No 'mam, I want the balance of the order shipped together and I will not be responsible for any additional charge....Long pause...."well okay, sorry for not receiving your order as you indicated"....

Three or four thousand isn't hording. Heck, in this game 10K on the shelf isn't hording and 20K most likely isn't IMO. I'll go through 6 to 8K rounds and I only shoot a couple matches a month. A lot of people who are shooting 3 or 4 (or more) matches need 20K+ a year. The "horders" are the people who went out and bought 80, 90, 100K and shoot 1 or 2K a year. They did it knowing full well that they wouldn't need more than a box or two and a sleeve/case would last them three years or more but they bought everything they could get their hands on, with either the intention of hording it up or selling it at a huge mark up just to make a buck. Those people are the problem. :angry2:

Well, I am glad I bought last fall. Set for the season but looking for the next years supply. 10K LG 10K small but all I use is Federal.

Tried to help a member here out with SM rifle but can't ship so I will use them up.

Time to start filling all that brass. <_<

Holy Smokes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I reckon I am setting on a mint.

No I would never sell primers for that much.

Heck I will most likely never sell primers.

Those I have hoarded will be used.

Yes I said hoarded. I am part of the problem. :ph34r:

Wow! I got my 5,000 WSR primers today, didn't expect them for a month or more. I now have enough for the season and don't plan to worry about this primer problem until next year. Good luck to the primerless, I hope you all get some and I can see you all shooting.

Wow! I got my 5,000 WSR primers today, didn't expect them for a month or more. I now have enough for the season and don't plan to worry about this primer problem until next year. Good luck to the primerless, I hope you all get some and I can see you all shooting.

:cheers: so jelous

This whole primer thing is nuts, as well as the powder/bullet shortage too. I wanted to ask some of you that have been shooting for a while, how long did it take for things to get back to normal after the clinton assalt weapons ban and hoarding that went with it? I was 9 years old at the time so I had no idea that it was even going on.

Let me get this right...5k of primers ..is a years supply?

jim

At the store where I work, standard primers (non-magnum, non bench rest, non shotgun, but pretty much everything else) are $4.69/100, 10% off when buying 1000, so $42.21/1000.

We're not gouging, our mark up was high before the shortage and I don't thing the mark up percentage has changed.

We seem to be selling primers faster than we can get them.

(Don't flame me. I have NOTHING to do with setting prices in this store.)