Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

There is no shortage of primers...

Cy Soto

Wow! I got an email from Midway (auto notification) that WSP primers were in stock. Email arrived at 3:04pm PST. I clicked the link at 3:08pm PST, and no joy! Out of stock!

AAARRRGGGHHH!

Yeah, they must have gotten 1K or something <_<

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just happened to be looking at Midway's site a few weeks back and couldn't believe that they actually had Large primers in stock! I normally get WLP, but would definitely take Remington, as I took what I could get. I have not seen any in stock since. I may just be looking at the wrong times (like between 3:04 and 3:07 PM :ph34r: ), but it is getting old...

My .02...

I would not go by midways in stock, or out of stock banners. I went to add some to my cart today, to get a notification of when they are in stock. The notification on my cart said available, so I ordered 10k, just to see if it worked, it did. I called them to confirm, and they were in stock for 1 hour. I got the last ones. I immediately called my shooting buddies and split them up. I would just go to all of the sites, like natchez, midway, powder valley, and Graf and sons, and have them notify you via e-mail, when they come in. I think they come and go so fast, they never update their page.

I would not go by midways in stock, or out of stock banners. I went to add some to my cart today, to get a notification of when they are in stock. The notification on my cart said available, so I ordered 10k, just to see if it worked, it did. I called them to confirm, and they were in stock for 1 hour. I got the last ones. I immediately called my shooting buddies and split them up. I would just go to all of the sites, like natchez, midway, powder valley, and Graf and sons, and have them notify you via e-mail, when they come in. I think they come and go so fast, they never update their page.

HMMMmmm

Good advice. I didn't add it to my cart.

HMMMmmm

Good advice. I didn't add it to my cart.

Yep, I just got 2000 Large Pistol (Federal) primers at Midway 2 days ago!

Wow! I got my 5,000 WSR primers today, didn't expect them for a month or more. I now have enough for the season and don't plan to worry about this primer problem until next year. Good luck to the primerless, I hope you all get some and I can see you all shooting.

Let me get this right...5k of primers ..is a years supply?

jim

You must have missed my first post. I got around 16,000 on hand now with what I had and what I bought. I hope that's enough. More dryfire for me.

New guy chiming in.

Why such a shortage in primers? If people are hoarding them, why? This sucks. Having all the components to reload except primers with spring breaking and not being able to reload. UGH!!! I am venting in the worst way.

John

Put some on backorder they will ship when they come in. The business is so fast and furious that no one is updating their on-line stores, they just fill the back orders as stock comes in. I placed a small order for 5000 WSP with Graf's and about 7-10 days later I got an email that they shipped.

Edited by Greg Bell

I heard, yesterday or the day before, that Federal, Remington, and Winchester have announced that they will not sell any more primers as components until they can catch up on the backorders of factory ammo.

No link or anything to confirm this.

Put some on backorder they will ship when they come in. The business is so fast and furious that no one is updating their on-line stores, they just fill the back orders as stock comes in. I placed a small order for 5000 WSP with Graf's and about 7-10 days later I got an email that they shipped.

Maybe I should have ordered from Graf & Sons instead but, I have a pending order from Powder Valley that's been BO for about five weeks... :(

I'm sure that there will be plenty of primers for sale tommorrow in the classifieds.

Just like vibraprimes were last April. That's what I hate, high demand items available only one day a year.

• 4 weeks later...

I have what I hope is not a dumb question....

How can you hoard something you cannot find for sale? Primers (not to mention bullets, brass, and powder) are virtually non-existent locally (Colorado Springs). The one store I could find with primers only (3-5k total in stock & I had more than they did at home) was rationing at 1k per customer; I didn't purchase because the quanity wasn't worth it. Left them for someone else really needed "a few" primers. Haven't found a single vendor on the Internet with primers in stock for months. Place one order 4/5 and am waiting (at least they accepted the order)......