Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

124 gr JHP NOT listed on MG's site anymore

DrawandDuck

Has anyone heard any thing bout them not carrying the 124 JHP's anymore? I e-mailed them to find out....I hope they are still producing them as this is the ONLY bullet I have ever shot!!!!!!

Edited by DrawandDuck

I ordered a case about ten days ago. At the time there was a note saying that they were out of stock and back ordered until March 19th (today.) I checked again two days ago and the note then said April 9th. I emailed them to get clarification of the likely shipping date and received a one word response: "out." I responded by email and asked them to re-read my original request. This time the one word response was "ASAP".

At that point I called them. The 800 number had been disconnected so I tried the regular number. After about ten rings a woman answered. I told her who I was and what I was trying to ascertain. Apparently they are swamped and she'd had a very bad day. She said that customers were "harassing us by phone and email" and that some were demanding their bullets weather they were in stock or not. She said that is why they had killed the 800 number. I then asked politely if there was any way of guesstimating a shipment date. She said that she was just an "office girl" and that the guys on the floor determined the production priorities. At that point she had a melt down and started ranting about their customers and their demands. She stated they were considering taking down the Internet site until they caught up. She then said she couldn't take time to provide meaningful email responses to 2000 to 3000 customers. She then hung up on me.

This was one of the worst customer dis-service experiences I've ever had. Up until now I've had great response from them and as we all know their bullets are outstanding. Hopefully this is just an anomaly.

Given my discussion I suspect they pulled the 124s temporarily until they can catch up with the backlog. The good news is that Powder Valley has Zero 125 JHPs in stock which I had used before switching to MG. I placed an order with them ten minutes after the MG CS rep hung up on me.

Edited by XD Niner

I actually had a different experience today. I noticed they were missing from the web site since that's the bullet my friend uses and I'm thinking about getting some JHP's vs some more CMJ's. When I called (no harassing from me) she very nicely said they were out and backordered and didn't know the available date. She said they had plenty of CMJ's in stock. Just a nice conversation - I've had very nice phone and shipping service from them with no complaints. Other sites have essentially stopped handling phone calls, at least their web sites say so, such as Powder Valley and Wideners, for the same reason - swamped by orders.

The 800 number was disconnected.

Hopefully this is just an anomaly.

As awesome as they've always been I'm guessing that's the case. Everybody has a breaking point and it sounds like this poor woman was near hers...yikes. All these companies know that they can't add folks to help with the demand because it can't continue forever and when the demand dies, people will lose their jobs....catch-22 for sure. On top of that they're probably running near max capacity as it is.

I recently ordered a gun that was supposed to ship this past Mon or Tues. I hadn't received a tracking # from them so I called today. The guy apologized and said "we sold over 200 guns in 48 hours and have been really struggling to get stuff out the door"....wow! I did get a tracking number today though, so only a couple of days delay is totally reasonable under these situations. I think most shooting-related companies are all about ready to lose their minds....just nuts.

Glad you found some bullets :)

When I called (no harassing from me)

Rereading this I wanted to make clear to XD that I wasn't trying to suggest he was harassing. Just to indicate that I wasn't one of the callers the office lady was complaining about demanding their orders.

It is nuts out there. And neither end result looks good to me - lots of business now b/c business-ending legislation is looming on the horizon. Or nothing happens in Congress, and everyone cools off and all of a sudden there is a huge gun and ammo supply and dwindling demand.

Edited by duct tape

Dwindling demand? Someone has to feed all those purchased firearms. I just hope I can get a great deal on the stuff people realize they don't want or can't afford to keep. Doubtful they will part with things though if they feel that things will be unavailable in the future. <_<

I have been able to buy components because I look EACH AND EVERY EVENING and buy what I can when I can. I think I will have enough to shoot this year. I am now starting to buy for next year. I will keep buing as long as I can, and make it a regular part of my monthly expenses. that way I am not suprised by the pinch should it come, but somewhat ready.

I also emailed them this week with what I would consider a very trivial question. I was asking about getting a sampling of a product and they asked me to send a prepaid envelope and they would get them right out. Of course I opened my letter to them with how I know they are busy and hate to take up too much of their time, etc.. I can see them having some stressful days. But overall they are among the best out there for CS.

As a visitor to Montana Gold I can attest to the fact that they are normally very friendly people. Montana Gold is what I would call a small business company employing 15-20 people. Norm gave me a tour of the building where the bullet jackets are stamped, fed into machines which insert the lead core and form the nose or base then they are hand inspected before boxing. The day I was there they were loading several pallets for a distributor and all I was after was 1 case. Since there are not machines dedicated for each caliber there are bound to be times when the bullet you might want is not being manufactured or a machine breaks down which could slow every thing down. Also a 1 case purchase might be after a distributors 100 case order and orders get processed in order of arrival. It is just as easy for shipping to process a pallet as a case so buy in bulk.

I just spoke to Jolene RE my order placed 2/27 for two cases of 124gr. JHPs. They went out on 3/17. She said they took the highest demand products off the website until they can get caught up. She was very pleasant, but you could tell she had been getting a lot of phone calls. She said some of the shooters that were calling were literally harassing and cussing at her! If you fit that description, STOP! Don't be an a$$ to people in this industry who are desperately trying to put out a fantastic product at a reasonable price in the face of extreme current demand due to the perceived political climate. The demand will subside and they'll get caught up soon enough.

In the meantime, I have an extra 124gr. JHP case for sale. $750 SHIPPED! :roflol: J/K, but I am sure it has crossed SOMEONE's mind...

She was very pleasant, but you could tell she had been getting a lot of phone calls. She said some of the shooters that were calling were literally harassing and cussing at her! If you fit that description, STOP! Don't be an a$$ to people in this industry who are desperately trying to put out a fantastic product at a reasonable price in the face of extreme current demand due to the perceived political climate.

Well said.

I got confirmation a case of 124 gr JHP 9mm bullets that I ordered on March 15 shipped on 27 March. The USPS tracking number said they were delivered to the Post Office today. They did not charge my CC until the order shipped and had replied quickly when I sent an email inquiring about the order.

However, they are still not listed on the website.

I've had nothing but great service from Montana Gold. I hope they can get caught up soon.

I ordered a case of 9mm 124 grain JPH bullets on March 16, 2009. I just received it today, March 30. That's two weeks but it was certainly worth the wait. I'm down to just 50 bullets and my order came just in time. Montana Gold is an excellent company and makes and excellent product. Kudos to them and will continue to do business with this fine company.

I ordered a 1000 count box of 125GR _CMJ's_ on April 1st and they were delivered Tuesday, April 6th. I did call to make sure they were in stock and _shipping_. The woman who answered the phone seemed surprise that someone would doubt what was listed on their website. A sentiment I find almost comical being that had I not read in this post about them disconnecting their 800 number I would have assumed they had gone under. I recently got burned twice by not calling Optics Planet and Impact Guns to find out if they were shipping what they had listed on their site (Galco stuff in both cases).

This is my first order with MG and I must say their bullets look stellar. Much nicer than the box of Berry's I just went finished. I can't wait to load up a batch this weekend.

I ordered my 124 gr. jhp's in early February. Two weeks later I sent an e-mail asking where the bullets were and was told that my credit card was declined AND that they were having, "some (unidentified) problems" shipping bullets. Surprised about the credit card, I checked with my bank and was told my c.c. was good. I called back and and told them this and asked why they were trying to charge my card for bullets they hadn't shipped. I was given an ambiguous reply and an apology and was told the bullets would be shipped "soon". Two weeks later I called and was told that they weren't shipping bullets yet but would start soon. About three weeks after that, I sent an e-mail and was told that orders would be shipped in the order based upon the order dates. I waited. Last week I sent an e-mail and received the reply that they had no record of my order. Please resubmit. Now what???? I guess if I reordered I would go to the back of the line and wait indefinitely. I have been a long time loyal Montana Gold customer because their bullets were good and their customer service even better. What happened? If they were having production difficulties a simple message on their web sight would have been enough. Anyway, I don't appreciate their attitude and obfuscation and will move on to another manufacturer.