Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My son came home from the sandbox

RV man

My son had a layover at DFW airport today on his way home from Iraq and my wife and I got to go have lunch with him. :roflol: We were standing at the gate with a banner when he got off the plane because American Airlines gave us a pass to get into the secured area. I am proud of the job he went to do and am thankful to have him home until the next time he needs to go.

Bill

A big tip of my hat to your son for helping keep us safe and free by way of his service. A tip of my hat to you and your wife for raising a fine young man. All of you should walk tall and be proud.

Thank you, thank you...

Pat

My son had a layover at DFW airport today on his way home from Iraq and my wife and I got to go have lunch with him. :roflol: We were standing at the gate with a banner when he got off the plane because American Airlines gave us a pass to get into the secured area. I am proud of the job he went to do and am thankful to have him home until the next time he needs to go.

Bill

Congrats to you, thanks to him.

Give him a big thank-you hug from us and then forward this thread to him (or otherwise make sure he gets to see it). So glad you got to enjoy your welcome-home moment with him.

I was on photo assignment for the chamber of commerce at the Eugene Airport last month, and got to see a 'soldier homecoming' mini-event during that hour on site. It was quite heartwarming, as you can imagine.

I have never wished more of a heart felt "Thank you!" than I am now, to your son.

I am retired Navy, having a son getting commissioned in the USMC in May,and heading over THERE after flight school. It has given me a whole new perspective of what our new young men and women do.

As a fellow service parent...I say "Thank You" to you and your entire family too! :cheers:

:cheers:

Glad to hear he's back safe and I hope he doesn't have to go back! Thank him for me/us....unless things have drastically changed in ten years, they don't pay him nearly enough for what he's done but we can say thanks! R,

I e-mailed Joseph a link and know it will warm his heart as much as it does mine. He doesn't do his job because of the money or the great food, he just really likes smoke and noise. :roflol: He would rather have to do his job anywhere other than American soil.

Thanks

Bill

Tell him welcome home from his brother.

I will always remember when I landed at DFW for R&R. The only thing better was landing back inside the walls of Fort Bragg and calling Stefanie and hear my girl's voice and how happy she was that I kept my promise to her to come home safe.

Welcome home to your son and all of his brothers and sisters.

Rich