Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Fort Benning 3 Gun Challenge

Stage 1: Engage the nine long range flash targets from the bridge with no part of you or your equipment touching anything accept the bridge platform.

O.K. Swinging bridge. Long range targets. Am I missing something? I suspect I will be missing a lot.

MHearn

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe they aren't as LR as you might think???? I know DH and RJ got a good look at how difficult or challenging mid range targets from positions other than prone could be during the ERC. movement with a target 150 to 200yds would be a great challenge, and something that is easy to test at a match.????????????

trapr

Check out stage 2 it got updated a little bit... :surprise:

updated a little????that's an understatement! 25 seconds was short enough! now we got to scoot and shoot through all 3 boxes in 22 seconds! I thought smoking crack was against Army policy.

FMTT and call me a cry baby!

oh, well, i will give it a go.

1cgita

Edited by 1chota

LOL Daniel,

Reasonable to who from a moving bridge? Any idea on the Larue slug target distances? Oh joy, a shotgun speed shoot stage!!! Practice loading when.....Guess it starts tomorrow if/when I can squeeze it into an already hectic schedule. Don't get me wrong, this IS the match of the year imho! Keep up the great works guys/girls! See you in a couple weeks.

Hey everyone,

I've gotten a bunch of questions about the distance to the LR targets, and, honestly, I'm not sure... It will be reasonable though.

Good luck!!

-DH

Are the scoring rules the same as last year....2 A hits for Tac ops and open, and 1 A hit for Heay metal??

Actually, 2 hits required on paper for Tact Optics, Tact Irons, Open & Trooper. The one A hit on paper is an option for heavy metal. The down side is that the single hit HAS to be an A - Heavy Metal shooters need to be able to call their hits. If the single hit is in the C zone, it scores as 0.5 sec down for the C, plus the 5 sec for the miss.

If you are registered for the match, the confirmation email should have pointed out that the match rules are posted on the website FB3G Rules

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2009 Ft Benning 3 Gun Statistician

Stage 1: Engage the nine long range flash targets from the bridge with no part of you or your equipment touching anything accept the bridge platform.

O.K. Swinging bridge. Long range targets. Am I missing something? I suspect I will be missing a lot.

MHearn

I don't see anything in the COF that says that its a swinging bridge. It may be that it is a very stable platform for offhand shooting......with big easy to see targets freshly painted in brown and gray.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Good one Mike!!! :roflol:

Steve

MHearn

I don't see anything in the COF that says that its a swinging bridge. It may be that it is a very stable platform for offhand shooting......with big easy to see targets freshly painted in brown and gray.

On my compooter, the website is incredible. On the stages, if you click for the BIG picture, there is a lot more detail to the stage. And on the big picture, this is not our old friend the swinging bridge. I mean, on stage 2, you can even see the cotter pins on the poppers!!

BUT, it shows a flat bridge, so why all the warnings about not touching any of the supports?

I guess we'll get all our answers in about 27 wakeups..........

No matter how much I practice shotgun reloading, transitions, shooting while moving, etc. I am very confident that I will still choke under the pressure.

I guess I will just make sure I know my zeros and try to have fun amidst the humiliation and defeat! Who knows, maybe I won't fall of the bridge and maybe I won't drop any shells on the shotgun speed stage.

No matter how much I practice shotgun reloading, transitions, shooting while moving, etc. I am very confident that I will still choke under the pressure.

I guess I will just make sure I know my zeros and try to have fun amidst the humiliation and defeat! Who knows, maybe I won't fall of the bridge and maybe I won't drop any shells on the shotgun speed stage.

If you are not going to drop some shells, you will not be pushing hard enough. <_<

I have been putting too much bleach on my hair...what is a swiss seat?

Cheryl :)

Its more commonly known as a climbing harness (rock/alpine climbers use variations of em)

As birdo states it is used as part of clmbing but in the army it is more commonly used for a rappel out of a hellcopter (there is a hint there folks if anyone from AMU is monitoring this). While most people today use a prepared harness, the term "swiss seat" is a manner in which you can take a length of rope and tie it in such a way that you have a harness to use inlieu of a commercially produced climbing harness.

You can bone up on how it is done here http://www.wikihow.com/Tie-a-Swiss-Seat-Rappel-Harness

I have been putting too much bleach on my hair...what is a swiss seat?

Cheryl :)

Its more commonly known as a climbing harness (rock/alpine climbers use variations of em)

As birdo states it is used as part of clmbing but in the army it is more commonly used for a rappel out of a hellcopter (there is a hint there folks if anyone from AMU is monitoring this). While most people today use a prepared harness, the term "swiss seat" is a manner in which you can take a length of rope and tie it in such a way that you have a harness to use inlieu of a commercially produced climbing harness.

You can bone up on how it is done here http://www.wikihow.com/Tie-a-Swiss-Seat-Rappel-Harness

harnesses and swiss seats are for wimps! I started climbing in the early seventies and all we wore was 10 feet of 2 inch tubular webbing (a swami) tied around our waist. Of course that would be 15 feet now. :)

-mike-

Ah yea, sorry Cheryl, I forgot the context and realized that was probably what they were going to use as soon as I posted.