Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What is your biggest goal in USPSA/IPSC ?

Do we have a goal at all in our sport? I think, you should dream about something to be a better shooter. Only those who have a big goal, a dream, can reach something in this sport?

Well, my goal is simple. I want to win IPSC level III match in Production div., but this win should be not so easy. I want to win my division with over 100 shooters in it, a match must consist minimum of 12-20 stages. I want to beat some very good shooters! I know I can do it!

What do you think guys?

WHAT IS YOUR MAIN GOAL IN THIS SPORT?

My goals:

1. Get as many people involved in shooting as possible.

2. One day, watch my daughter and son shoot along side me in a match.

3. Share everything I know with everyone willing to listen to me.

4. Shoot with everyone in my section at least once.

As for my #1 goal regarding performance. Is win my division at two area matches/major matches in one year.

My DREAM is to get paid doing what I love doing.

Edited by Aristotle

FUN is my main goal.

I guess goal #2 would be to not go broke buying guns from the Classifieds and WSR primers.

I did accomplish a couple little goals last year... I won Open and high overall at a local match and 1st "C" Open at the W. PA. Section match. Both of those kind of gave a warm fuzzy feeling! :cheers:

-remain focused on practice even though I am shooting few matches this year

-iron out the rest of my weak hand

-come in 2nd at a state match (1st if Vogel shoots Lim/L10/Open ;) )

I agree with Jim about the friends, and with Aristotle about Getting as many people involved in shooting as possible. So far I have 1 co-worker that is hooked, and I know lots of people who keep saying they will come shoot a match "someday". I hope to get those maybe's turned into YES's . B)

My goals? Have fun. I MD our matches in Milan. I don't get to shoot to much, as usually I'm running around. My favorite part of the matches is watching how shooters tackle my stages, and BS'ing with everyone.

When I do get to shoot... I just like to have fun. I don't worry about winning... I'm not that good. I don't have a lot of time for practice either... :(

I guess I could say my goal for USPSA shooting is to.... NOT DQ :roflol:

Frank

My initial overall goal when I started was mainly to have fun and enjoy my love of target shooting in a competitive way. Took a break from the sport shortly after I started and got back after 7 long years with the same attitude...to have fun. That did not last very long as I progress and started placing in my class. Now the goal is set, to make Master and to experience the World Shoot at least once in my lifetime.

Well I am new to USPSA and will probably be in C class once I get enought classifers. My goal is to get into A class and then evaluate from there.

My second goal is this. A good friend and a really good shooter told me at my last match "now that you have that new gun you are going to have to buy an STI shit to wear at the matches." My reply was and this is goal #2 "I want to get so good that they send me a shirt."

So I guess some will laugh at that but my wife told me the other day. "Baby shoot for the moon, even if you miss you will land among the stars." So STI I am waiting :roflol: .

My goals are:

-To facilitate the entry of more juniors into the greatest sport on earth. More juniors in USPSA = a secure future for our sport.

-To help alter the socio-cultural perception of firearms, so that even the mainstream media must admit that firearms are not inherently evil, but are simply tools devoid of morality.

-To increase the awareness of American citizens of the importance of the Second Amendment to our on-going liberty.

-To win the World Shoot Standard division title while I'm at it.

:cheers:

and of course having fun throughout. :roflol:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone who answered, but, don't get me wrong or rude.

A lot of answers were to have fun or be better. I don't know is it a great goal at all? Or I don't get it?!

How can you be better if your goal is to have fun or be "just" better? For me it is not a goal, it is only social event to have fun (and this is very big and attractive part of our sport) or be better (how to do it?), but goals should be set to acheive something realistic as I think.

You can't achieve nothing if your goals are to have fun or be better in this sport. We are helpless in our matches because we don't have any real goals. Something to think about...

Please, don't get me wrong or rude again, but I think we are not acheiving nothing if we don't have goals it is just waisting money and energy.

P.S. Good tip about setting goals: http://www.maxmichel.com/GoalSetting.htm

Thanks to everyone who answered, but, don't get me wrong or rude.

A lot of answers were to have fun or be better. I don't know is it a great goal at all? Or I don't get it?!

How can you be better if your goal is to have fun or be "just" better? For me it is not a goal, it is only social event to have fun (and this is very big and attractive part of our sport) or be better (how to do it?), but goals should be set to acheive something realistic as I think.

You can't achieve nothing if your goals are to have fun or be better in this sport. We are helpless in our matches because we don't have any real goals. Something to think about...

Please, don't get me wrong or rude again, but I think we are not acheiving nothing if we don't have goals it is just waisting money and energy.

P.S. Good tip about setting goals: http://www.maxmichel.com/GoalSetting.htm

Smoke 'em if you got'em, but I'm here to have fun. At any given match, my goal is to shoot a little better than I did at the last match. I'd like to be a class or two higher than I am, and I'm getting there one classifier at a time. But take away the social aspect or require more time/money/effort than I can afford for a hobby, and I'll find something else to do.

Mind you, I'm glad there are type-A competitors out there pushing the limits, and I learn a lot from watching them. But I don't think you can say someone will "achieve nothing if your goals are to have fun or be better in this sport".

I'm 125% committed to my business. Every day is a very real competition for all the marbles, and a 40 hour work week is what I've put in by sometime Wednesday. It's win or starve. So I don't need that kind of stress in my spare time. If I never make it past C class, the sport has still given me a lot. It's introduced me to good folks, given me a set of challenges I can realistically meet and conquer, allowed me to blow off some steam, and honed my self defense skills. It's also given me an excuse to play with some really nifty toys!

That's not nothing!

Edited by bbbean

1) Make great new friends and grow the sport!

2) Make A Classification inside 12 months!

3) Keep my single digit golf handicap in the process... (gonna be tough, I'm shooting too much, and playing too little!)

JeffWard