Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

"Open" Revo pics

Rather-B-Huntin

I'll be taking ownership of a dandy 627 pretty soon and am thinking about sitting it up for ICORE Open division.

I'd like to see some pics of other's 'Open' revos to get some ideas.

Along with any pics, please also let me know what kind of mods have been done that may not be visible.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bottom two are from the early 90's a couple of K frame 38 specials. The blued has a "chamber" comp along with 5 inline Hybrid ports. It also has the C & S Roller Kit. The K frame with the stainless barrel has a double port (similar to the 38 super design of the late 80's) with 5 inline hybrid ports. Top left is an old model 27 with the Mahearn (sp) 8 cylinder and a heavy barrel with a 1 in 10" twist that had been extensively milled for weight reduction and to look cool. It has two Krebb ports and 7 inline hybrid ports. The N frame on the right is the simple 627 with 4 hybid ports with Randy Lee action job and Randy Lee Hammer :ph34r: The Old 27 is on injured reserve until I can get the firing pin issue resolved. I have shot it quite a bit and has a lot of wear on the internals.

post-309-1235414343_thumb.jpg

ETA: I forgot to mention that all have a ball crane lock-up

Edited by Bubber

The bottom two are from the early 90's a couple of K frame 38 specials. The blued has a "chamber" comp along with 5 inline Hybrid ports. It also has the C & S Roller Kit. The K frame with the stainless barrel has a double port (similar to the 38 super design of the late 80's) with 5 inline hybrid ports. Top left is an old model 27 with the Mahearn (sp) 8 cylinder and a heavy barrel with a 1 in 10" twist that had been extensively milled for weight reduction and to look cool. It has two Krebb ports and 7 inline hybrid ports. The N frame on the right is the simple 627 with 4 hybid ports with Randy Lee action job and Randy Lee Hammer :ph34r: The Old 27 is on injured reserve until I can get the firing pin issue resolved. I have shot it quite a bit and has a lot of wear on the internals.

post-309-1235414343_thumb.jpg

ETA: I forgot to mention that all have a ball crane lock-up

Sweet looking shooters there Bubber. Which one you gonna shoot next month at Thibadeaux? <_<

Here's mine, I've gotten rid of the Hogue release and went back to the stock one since I took the pics..

post-11164-1235441440_thumb.jpg post-11164-1235441452_thumb.jpg

If you still have the Hogues and want to sell them at a bargain price, shoot me a PM.

Thanks.

Bwana,

Same for me on the Hogue release. Curiously, what didn't you like about it??

Also, how do you like the Burris Fastfire and what kind of mount is that??

post-2077-1235449909_thumb.jpgpost-2077-1235449842_thumb.jpg

These are my two open revos. The one with c-more is one of the first 8 shots they came out with. Tore off the barrel and put on a Shilen, bobbed hammer etc. The other is the one I just got back from Randy. 38 Super. I bought the gun as you see it. Someone milled the ports in the factory barrel. Just had Randy slick it up.

This was my first attempt at posting photos, I think it worked.

Tom

If you still have the Hogues and want to sell them at a bargain price, shoot me a PM.

Thanks.

Bwana,

Same for me on the Hogue release. Curiously, what didn't you like about it??

Also, how do you like the Burris Fastfire and what kind of mount is that??

I've only used the Fastfire once so far and it seems pretty good. The mount was custom made by my gunsmith Randell Kenner here in Rapid City, SD. I like that it's small and compact compared to the C-More that I had on it.

As far as the release goes I have a friend here in town that has first dibs on it already. The way that I hold my gun the Hogue release rides on my thumb and it's uncomfortable during recoil. I also found I was putting a little forward pressure on it with the top of my thumb when i was just gripping the gun while shooting so I just went back to the stock one. I didn't really notice any difference in reload speed or consistency with it either.

Bruce

The way that I hold my gun the Hogue release rides on my thumb and it's uncomfortable during recoil. I also found I was putting a little forward pressure on it with the top of my thumb when i was just gripping the gun while shooting so I just went back to the stock one. I didn't really notice any difference in reload speed or consistency with it either.

On my personal USPSA guns I am using the Hogue release--used them all through 2008. Initially I had the same problem you describe but I have contoured that outside sharp edge nice and smooth and round with the ol' Dremel. Now it feels great! I can't say the Hogue release is actually faster, but for me it's definitely more consistent.

PINMAN44, Good looking revo. Is that an sliding weight on the barrel? A friend and I were discussing such a design. Inquiring minds want to know...

Bwanna, I think 'll use the Randy Lee for the Southern Regional but I am thinking real hard on using the K frame blued barrel for the Mid West in Arkansas. I used that K frame for a few years at the IRC and South West Regionals Until I got my 8 shot. Dang We got almost a month til we get to shoot the match..open..open..open..open..open..open.. later rdd

PINMAN44, Good looking revo. Is that an sliding weight on the barrel? A friend and I were discussing such a design. Inquiring minds want to know...

Bwanna, I think 'll use the Randy Lee for the Southern Regional but I am thinking real hard on using the K frame blued barrel for the Mid West in Arkansas. I used that K frame for a few years at the IRC and South West Regionals Until I got my 8 shot. Dang We got almost a month til we get to shoot the match..open..open..open..open..open..open.. later rdd

Bubber, those guns look like they tell quite a story. With the variety of grips, optics, comps, etc. I want to know which is your favorite and why?

Bubber

The revolver has a counterweight that is screwed into the Shilen fluted barrel. It is removable but I have never removed it. No movement to it whatsoever. My dad bought it used from Robert Snyder a friend and also a member of this forum. The revolver apparently had a twin but I have not been able to locate it. If we could we would be interested in acquiring it. From what I know about the gun Michael Higashi (ICORE) had it built by Dave's Metal Works. Custom made mag release which I love to death. If you want some more pics let me know. I would like to eventually drop a lighter hammer into it but I don't have the funds right now.