Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

"Open" Revo pics

Rather-B-Huntin

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So are you feeling any "Comp Envy"yet Bruce?

Not that I know of anyways :)

I don't forsee it anytime soon though, it shoots pretty nice the way that it is. I can always get ports added to mine if I feel the need which I don't think I will. Bob is talking about getting a comp on his when he get's his done someday so I can try it out then.

Bruce

PINMAN44, Good looking revo. Is that an sliding weight on the barrel? A friend and I were discussing such a design. Inquiring minds want to know...

Bwanna, I think 'll use the Randy Lee for the Southern Regional but I am thinking real hard on using the K frame blued barrel for the Mid West in Arkansas. I used that K frame for a few years at the IRC and South West Regionals Until I got my 8 shot. Dang We got almost a month til we get to shoot the match..open..open..open..open..open..open.. later rdd

Bubber, those guns look like they tell quite a story. With the variety of grips, optics, comps, etc. I want to know which is your favorite and why?

mxx40x40, My most favorite is the blued barrel K frame with the Davis grips. Vic Pickett called it my butter gun. After I wore out my first comped L frame in 92 ( at the IRC) I started shooting that gun. Just a lot of memories of shooting matches with my good friends and making a bunch more at the matches. I had placed high on the tuesday night steel matches from time to time but I could always hit snakeeyes with that particular one. One yaear at the IRC in Bakersfield while showing a few interested parties how I reloaded with speedloaders they exclaimed if I could do it again in slow motion, Then Gene said " Boys that was slow motion" Just made me feel good. And with the Chambered comp it makes the gun feel exceptional. This was one of Gene's first Revo build so he went all out and even put a lightning bolt on the barrel. I think only because I never hit twice in the same place. :roflol: He even threatened to put venturi carb towers on the ports to call it the Double A fuely model. Just great times with Gene, Karen, Phil, Joyce, and Lil Bubber (Stevie) later rdd

Bubber

The revolver has a counterweight that is screwed into the Shilen fluted barrel. It is removable but I have never removed it. No movement to it whatsoever. My dad bought it used from Robert Snyder a friend and also a member of this forum. The revolver apparently had a twin but I have not been able to locate it. If we could we would be interested in acquiring it. From what I know about the gun Michael Higashi (ICORE) had it built by Dave's Metal Works. Custom made mag release which I love to death. If you want some more pics let me know. I would like to eventually drop a lighter hammer into it but I don't have the funds right now.

PINMAN44, PM sent... I should be reloading.. or at least dry firing...thanx rdd

Here ya gopost-8237-1235421289_thumb.jpg

Irjet, how do you like the aimpoint micro?

I like it, I also have and use c-more's but I do not trust it to hold zero as well as the Aimpoint. It's lens is a bit smaller and the body doesn't seem to bother me but the c-more is more open. The dot is brighter on the Aimpoint and quality is better but it cost more. I can shoot it as fast as the c-more. I like the adjustment clicks on the Aimpoint. I felt my C-more would wander a bit with time and temperature change----did you experience that, but at 15yds no big deal depends on your application.

Here ya gopost-8237-1235421289_thumb.jpg

Irjet, how do you like the aimpoint micro?

I like it, I also have and use c-more's but I do not trust it to hold zero as well as the Aimpoint. It's lens is a bit smaller and the body doesn't seem to bother me but the c-more is more open. The dot is brighter on the Aimpoint and quality is better but it cost more. I can shoot it as fast as the c-more. I like the adjustment clicks on the Aimpoint. I felt my C-more would wander a bit with time and temperature change----did you experience that, but at 15yds no big deal depends on your application.

I have never had a c'more wander. I'm thinking about trying the aimpoint micro on my 10/22...

Thanks

Craig

Pinshooter:

That is a very sexy firearm. I like the mount for the c-more. Aren't you the one who makes it? If I ever went to a cmore for my revolver I would be interested in that mount. How does it work etc, what its made out of the whole 9 yards...

Thanks sir.

Thought I'd share too ...

Pair of 627-4 38 super revos:

post-3045-1236209487_thumb.jpg

627-5 - static steel frankenrevo w/cutdown 7 3/8 barrel and bowling pin revo w/clark slab barrel:

post-3045-1236209510_thumb.jpg

617 22lr revos:

post-3045-1236209529_thumb.jpg

Here's a shot of mine (bottom) and my 12 year old daughters (top). Mine is milled with a Ti cylinder for less weight. Rachaels is stock except for Hogue cylinder release and Grip. Both have 3 barrel ports, Randy Lee hammers and under 5lb triggers. I cut up a couple of Weigand scope mounts for direct mounting of the C-mores.

post-2055-1236219116_thumb.jpg