Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Missouri Has A New "shall Issue" Ccw Law!!!!

Jeffro

YIPPY-CAYAAA!!!!!!!!! WHOOPPPEE!!!!!!!!

HORRRRRAAAYYYYY!!!!!!!

MISSOURI NOW HAS A (SHALL ISSUE) CONCEALED CARRY LAW. THEY JUST SUCCESSFULLY OVERRODE THE GOVERNOR'S VETO. It needed 2/3 of the state representatives and 2/3 of the Missouri SENATE. We were ONE VOTE SHORT IN THE MISSOURI SENATE, but the one STATE SENATOR WHO'S RESERVE UNIT WAS ACTIVATED TO GUANTANAMO BAY, CUBA ARRANGED A LEAVE AND FLEW IN FOR THE VOTE!!!!!!!! WE FINALLY BEAT THEM!!! WE HAVE GOTTEN SO CLOSE SO MANY TIMES BUT IT GOT VETOED BY "DEAD" MEL CARNAHAN BEFORE, BUT THIS TIME WE GOT 'EM!!!! Bob Holden, his successor tried to veto it, but WE GOT THE OVERRIDE!!! :P:P:D:lol::o

WHOOOOPPPPPEEEEEE!!!!!

Jeffro (Jeff)

The article in tomorrow’s Star:

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascityst...tar/6748041.htm

Yesterday's Star stated that the bill would be reciprocal with other states: http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/n...ews/6724676.htm

The bill itself:

http://www.house.state.mo.us/bills03/biltx...uly/HB0349T.HTM

Also passed were a preemptive bill for suing firearm manufacturers.

http://www.senate.state.mo.us/03info/billt...t/tat/sb013.htm

Lots of work to do now at the County level, to get the sheriff’s offices up to speed.

I heard that Anheuser Busch flew that Senator back with their corporate plane . . .

Rhino,

I did NOT HEAR that about Anheuser Busch, and if it were true, I am sure I would have heard it by now. I WILL FIND OUT AND REPORT.

:D:P WHOOOOPPPPPEEEEE!!!!

Jeffro (Jeff)

Very nice...now for Ohio. :huh:

FLEXMONEY,

I sure hope Ohio gets in line sometime soon. However, it is anybody's guess as to when. Here in Missouri we have been fighting this battle for years and years. And the funny part of it........... the final decision as to weather Missouri did or didn't get the concealed carry law was a commanding officer in...........................Guantanamo Bay, CUBA for Chrissake!!! It was HIS decision weather to let the one Missouri Senator have the leave to come vote or not, so the ultimate decision for Missouri was really made in, of all places, Guantanamo Bay!!!!!!!!

There HAS to be a joke imbedded in here somewhere!!!!! :P:P

It could just make one PUKE when you seriously consider who controls US!!

Jeffro (Jeff)

I heard that Anheuser Busch flew that Senator back with their corporate plane . . .

Rhino,

I did NOT HEAR that about Anheuser Busch, and if it were true, I am sure I would have heard it by now. I WILL FIND OUT AND REPORT.

:D:P WHOOOOPPPPPEEEEE!!!!

Jeffro (Jeff)

I read it on the 1911Forums today . . . so it must be true! :rolleyes::lol:

Is that true?  If so, it's time to show the love and buy their products!  :wub:

(do they make anything without alcohol?) :unsure:  :blink:  :unsure:

They used to make Eagle Snacks, which do not contain alcohol...

They own quite a few amusement parks which one can visit. We have season passes to Sea World in San Antonio which is owned by Anheuser Busch and is packed with great rides and entertainment (and free beer at the hospitality center).

According to the print media, Sen. Jon Dolan returned to the Capital by commercial flights, at his expense. But we still need to support Anheuser Busch, since they donated half the cost of the new Natural Resources Building at UMC.

Is that true? 

RHINO,

It appears that is an "urban legend" and unfounded. I have scoured the various news reports of his trip home from all available sources (including the most vocal and adamently ANTI-GUN sources), and there is no mention of Anheuser-Busch whatsoever. If they aided him in ANY WAY, I am quite sure that the anti-gun sources would have brought that up.

The "antis" are screaming bloody-murder in Missouri, so if they had ANY DIRT at all on him or the process, I am sure they would have shouted it from the rooftops. The local talkshows were flooded today with callers from both sides of the issue, and the antis brought up time and again how he shirked his responsibility as an Army Reservist to fly home for the vote, and demanded to know if he got paid by the U.S. Army for the day he was back for the vote, so I am quite certain they would have researched that issue.

If I find anything to the contrary, I will post it. In the interim, I better get out and PRACTICE!!!! :P:P:rolleyes: The new concealed carry bill says that the applicant must pass a stringent proficiency test besides the 8 hours of instruction. The test? Must hit a full-sized sillouette of a man (ANYWHERE on the target) from SEVEN YARDS, 15 out of 20 shots, and ONLY have 90 SECONDS TO ACCOMPLISH IT!!!!!! :P:P:P TRUE, however I could not confirm the 90 second rule!!!! Damn good thing B.E. and TGO don't live here in Missouri......... HOW would they EVER pass it???? :P

Best regards,

Jeffro

Jeffro is pretty close on the " proficiency " thing, I stood in on a qualification shoot for private security guys, I was almost embarassed for myself. I should have shot left handed with my eyes closed so I would have fit in with the crowd, and they all passed thats the scary part.

Damn glad to see it pass. Kansas next?

Travis F.

Jeffro,

You sure you didn't reverse those numbers?  Shouldn't that be ninety rounds in 20 seconds?  Twenty rounds in 90 seconds? 

NIK,

NOPE. I reread it on a number of sites, and THAT is the word. When I went to the copy of the bill that was released to the public, it said 15 of 20 rounds in "a reasonable timespan", but was told that the copy released was NOT the final form and that they thought "reasonable" was ambiguous (as well it is), so I was told that they made it 20 rounds in 90 seconds with the requirement being that "despite" the speed factor adding pressure to the applicant, he/she ALSO needed to be (not only FAST, but) ACCURATE in his/her shooting abilities, thus the "hardline" stance on accuracy (having to hit the full-size silhoutte ANYWHERE, 15 out of 20 shots at 7 yards)!!!!!! :PB):rolleyes:

WARNING TO B.E. IF YOU PLAN TO MOVE HERE TO MISSOURI, YOU BETTER

GET PLENTY OF PRACTICE IN SO YOU WON'T BE

EMBARRASED IF/WHEN YOU TEST FOR YOUR CCW

PERMIT HERE!!!!!! :P:P

Best to all,

Jeffro (Jeff)

The new concealed carry bill says that the applicant must pass a stringent proficiency test besides the 8 hours of instruction.  The test?  Must hit a full-sized sillouette of a man (ANYWHERE on the target) from SEVEN YARDS, 15 out of 20 shots, and ONLY have 90 SECONDS TO ACCOMPLISH IT!!!!!!  :P    :P    :P  TRUE, however I could not confirm the 90 second rule!!!! 

The story in the St. Louis Post Dispatch today said 15 out of *50* shots from 7 yards. No mention of a time limit was made. However, I can't see them putting a time limit on that. Sure, any IPSC shooter with a L-10 blaster could fire 20 shots in 90 seconds (or even the 50 shots). But what about the guy that shows up with a single action revolver? Or any revolver with no speed loaders? Or with only one magazine for a semi-auto?

I doubt there would be any time limit.

That's okay, in another 27 days, I'll be good to go here in MO with my Utah permit!