Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Nationals slots

gose

OK, why are they having the Open/Prod shooters shoot 5 stages/5 stages/ 5 stages/ 3 stages but, the lim/l10 shoot 6 stages/ 6 stages/ 6 stages?

To fit it into the week?

Dont know, dont care, just so's I goes :rolleyes:

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, why are they having the Open/Prod shooters shoot 5 stages/5 stages/ 5 stages/ 3 stages but, the lim/l10 shoot 6 stages/ 6 stages/ 6 stages?

To fit it into the week?

Why make us stay an extra day? I'd like to stay for awards, but they are set for Tuesday night after shooting 3 stages. Hell if we could do 6 stages a day Tuesday could be a travel back home day instead of messing around with 3 stages.

To fit it into the week?

Why make us stay an extra day? I'd like to stay for awards, but they are set for Tuesday night after shooting 3 stages. Hell if we could do 6 stages a day Tuesday could be a travel back home day instead of messing around with 3 stages.

Agreed!

It would be nice to not have to register in the middle of the day Wednesday for the Limited/L-10 Nationals. It would cool to be able to do a little sightseeing that day and not have to be back before 6.

To fit it into the week?

Fireant, this in Vegas we're talking about Baby! You can hit the banquet, blow your entire $10 gambling budget on the one armed bandits and then catch the midnight red-eye back to Atlanta and be home early the next morning. I've taken that flight more times than I care to remember.

I wish they scheduled it for a week. I GUARANTEE you I could find a way to waste a week in Vegas (blackjack and ketel one and tonics all night long, to start with)

I understand. My wife and I are flying to San Diego on Saturday before, I'm renting a car to drive to Vegas on Wednesday, shooting Thursday through Saturday and returning to SD on Sunday. Probably flying back on Sunday. Its a vacation that will need a vacation!

• 3 months later...
How many here are still waiting / hoping for a Production slot? I'm trying to decide whether to roll the dice or not.

As of this morning, I am number 8 on the waiting list for the Open, Production 10 National Championship.

I'm curious to know where you started on the list? I want to know how many "wait list applicants" made it in.

How many here are still waiting / hoping for a Production slot? I'm trying to decide whether to roll the dice or not.

As of this morning, I am number 8 on the waiting list for the Open, Production 10 National Championship.

I'm curious to know where you started on the list? I want to know how many "wait list applicants" made it in.

I was number 126 and received a slot on July 27th. I was 176 on Limited and am currently #8.

Edited by tohlmann

I'm trying to decide whether to roll the dice or not.

Nationals is in Vegas ... "roll the dice" ... :roflol: I get it now ... took a little while ... I'm a little slow :rolleyes:

Thank you very much, I'll be here all weekend.

• 3 weeks later...

I just talked to Kim. 7 more slots were just made available through cancellations. USPSA is making the calls to folks and a lot are not able to go because of the short notice. By policy USPSA still has to wait 5 days before they can offer it to someone else. If you can't make it please call them back and turn the slot down rather than waiting for it to expire. Let's get as many people in as we can. (Besides the guy driving down with me is 38 on the wait list.)

I just had a look at the Squadding for the Open and Limited Nationals. All of the Open Squads have 11 or 12 shooters 35 squads. The Limited Squads have as few as 7 and only a few have 11 or 12 shooters.

This should mean that some slots need to be released in the Limited Match to fill the squads to the same capacity. There are the same number of Squads!~ Am I missing something?

Some of it is due to changing demigraphics of what competitors are shooting which numbers will show after the matches. Some of it is the short lead times between announcement of match dates and the match. It would be nice if Michael would announce next years dates at the awards ceremony since USPSA has a commitment for the next few years.

I just had a look at the Squadding for the Open and Limited Nationals. All of the Open Squads have 11 or 12 shooters 35 squads. The Limited Squads have as few as 7 and only a few have 11 or 12 shooters.

This should mean that some slots need to be released in the Limited Match to fill the squads to the same capacity. There are the same number of Squads!~ Am I missing something?

probably has to do with limited being a three day match and the open being four days.

I started out at 156.

Got a call last Wednesdy saying they had a slot for me (thanks USPSA) ... confirmed time off on Thursday (thanks boss dudes) ... going to the show ... my shooter number is 443.