Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RCBS bullet feeder

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That .................. I believe. :bow:

I heard Bob Vogel doesn't even own a reloader. He just "visualizes" the bullets into the cases. :lol:

:roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

"Now that's funny right there!"

On topic... I can't wait for this puppy to come out. I've wanted one for some time, but just didn't want to spend over $400 for one.

Edited by JThompson

Midway has them listed as "coming soon" $ 389.99

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/...leitemid=684180

Looks like I might have to ramp up my competitive juices.

Crazy World...Ain't It?

Are you the advertiser on ebay? If so, you need some BIGGER pictures in the ad!!

No...I don't advertise on e-bay, besides those are GSI units for sale.

Doh! I feel so dumb! :wacko::blush:

The feeder tube is a spring much like the KISS. The mounting is adjustable for height. It comes ready to load 9mm, 38spl/357mag, 38 super, 40 cal, 44, and 45. Very simple and effective. RCBS claims no failures in any cal with a high usage count. March-April ship date. MSR $495. .223 and .308 are in the works. Very small footprint on bench-it appears that it would work with any progressive press. BTW-Dillon will offer upgrade on the RF 100. It is a replacement for the black box on the side which will have a built in switch and vibration control knob. They are currently working on instruction sheet. They will ship the part and the owner can do the swap out. They do not have a part number yet. I do not know if there will be an upgrade charge.

Also...FYI, Since you're located in Europe, you might want to check to see if Saul Kirsch at Double Alpha still has any units available.

Rick

Thanks Rick,

Saul is a great guy, very commited to our sport.

I already ordered from him or bought from his tent at major matches around Europe. Always perfect service.

But in Europe, the price of the KISS is very expensive at Euros 600 (equals to US$ 775 at today's rate).

I understand the price, as there is transport cost + 20% VAT + margin, ... but I might just wait to see how the rcbs unit performs... or wait to see if you can lower your prices ;)

Congrats again for yout great product !

OK, but what about primers. I know it only takes a few seconds to add another 100 primers (I have 14 tubes), but why not a 200 primer tube?

Mark K

Maybe it has to do with twice the "BOOM" when you light off a stack in the press. :ph34r:

Ya. I think 100 is enough... more than enough if you light them off. :surprise:

I think the press is designed in such a manner that a case feeder would be really hard to do. But when you think about it having a bullet feeder is better than a case feeder. The cases should be handled, I use the case insertion for one last looksey at the case. I never check over the bullets. Don't want or need to touch:

primers, powder, or bullets and now RCBS has made that possible. Cases though, there is some minor benefit to one last quick visual.

OK, but what about primers. I know it only takes a few seconds to add another 100 primers (I have 14 tubes), but why not a 200 primer tube?

Mark K

Maybe it has to do with twice the "BOOM" when you light off a stack in the press. :ph34r:

Hell, ONE is enough when you light it off :wacko:

Mark K

Youse guys ever actually do that ??? :huh:

I'm still virginal when it comes to 650 primer detonations. Guess I don't load fast enough, huh MATT ? :devil:

Youse guys ever actually do that ??? :huh:

I'm still virginal when it comes to 650 primer detonations. Guess I don't load fast enough, huh MATT ? :devil:

I lit one off on a 550, but not a 650. Friends have though. I hear it's big.

I have used primers as a nifty exploding target though...

I like the small footprint of this bullet feeder. I don't see why it won't work with a 1050 but I'll wait until someone else does the testing.

Why can't/won't Dillon make their own bulletfeeder???

Is the new RF-100 working as it should??

I had a few light in the 550, but I must admit it was user error. I got pissed because the thing jammed up and just forced the primer bar back. I was lucky to have only 10-20 in there. The low primer device makes a nice projectile. Poor Retriever didn't come back in the room for a month.

Edited by JThompson

post-1691-1232508985_thumb.jpgpost-1691-1232508899_thumb.jpg

I like the small footprint of this bullet feeder. I don't see why it won't work with a 1050 but I'll wait until someone else does the testing.

Here's a small footprint for ya... no footprint.

Looks like the GSI (I think) bullet feeder, but done a smidge better. I find it odd though that their press doesn't have a case feeder. For me, that's WAY more important. And I'm with Matt...on the 1050, I'm at about 1000/hour (with primer tubes pre-loaded).

Rich

post-1691-1232508985_thumb.jpgpost-1691-1232508899_thumb.jpg

Here's a small footprint for ya... no footprint.

That's cool, very ingenious. :cheers: