Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RCBS bullet feeder

holy crap! I still like my KISS one, so now RCBS needs to add a casefeeder to the 2000. do that and I'll sell my 1050 and go back to the 2000.

Hello there! Let us know when you switch and you'll have more than a fewer buyers for that 1050.

Rich

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

holy crap! I still like my KISS one, so now RCBS needs to add a casefeeder to the 2000. do that and I'll sell my 1050 and go back to the 2000.

Hello there! Let us know when you switch and you'll have more than a fewer buyers for that 1050.

Rich

I call first! :wub:

• 1 month later...

**Question merged into existing thread. **

Has anybody seen one of these outside the shot show? I would assume it would work on my 1050.

Edited by Flexmoney

It would have been nice if they could have shown a closeup of the actual feeder itself, as opposed to the bin that loads the feeder.

Perhaps I just don't have the proper imagination, but I have never figured out how a bullet feeder can feed bullets down a tube into the case, unless it is doing it on the 3rd stage of a 5 stage press, so that the 4th stage is the actual seater. Which also implies that the bullet either has to be partly seated on stage 3 or has to balance precariously on the top of the case as the case is rotated into the next position. What am I missing?

• 4 weeks later...

Just wondering if anyone has purchased and used one of these(the rcbs bullet feeder) on a dillion 650 or any other loader yet.

thanks

Matt Finnegan

PS are people realy getting the mr. bullet feeder shipped tp them because the website does not list a price or way to get one

Edited by crdaug

Just wondering if anyone has purchased and used one of these(the rcbs bullet feeder) on a dillion 650 or any other loader yet.

thanks

Matt Finnegan

PS are people realy getting the mr. bullet feeder shipped tp them because the website does not list a price or way to get one

Been wondering the same thing about the RCBS.

Sent several e-mails to mr. bullet feeder wanting to know price/availability. Zero response. Makes me wonder about customer support.

Edited by flyer

I can't tell you about the RCBS bullet feeder but MR bullet is alive. Rick emailed me and said he was back in business. I placed my order the UPS truck pulled up and an hour later I was reloading.

I bent the switch on the feeder doing something I should not have been doing and sent him an email. I did not leave any contact information other then my email address. He called me back with in the hour and it was after dinner. He figured out what I had done and I was back in business.

thanks

Matt Finnegan

check out the dawson precision site for the bullet feeder.

• 3 weeks later...

thanks

Matt Finnegan

Sent several e-mails to mr. bullet feeder wanting to know price/availability. Zero response. Makes me wonder about customer support.

I'd try calling me at the number shown on the website. Unless my battery is dead...I'll respond.

thanks

Matt Finnegan

I find that odd. I think the only time more than 24 hours passed between me sending an e-mail and getting a reply was over a weekend, and hey, a guy has to have a life right?

thanks

Matt Finnegan

Rick got hold of me via the PM system and as it turns out technology gets in the way again. Suffice it to say, Rick was very responsive in figuring it out.

I now have confidence in Rick and am placing an order for a bullet feeder. Hurrah! No more placing bullets, just pulling the handle. Less time reloading (which I do enjoy) and more time throwing lead down range.

Joe

• 1 month later...

[ Note: merged thread ]

anyone else get thiers set up? I set up my KISS and then this one arrived 2 weeks later and I'm not sure I want to keep it yet...

Edited by Flexmoney

• 2 weeks later...
[ Note: merged thread ]

anyone else get thiers set up? I set up my KISS and then this one arrived 2 weeks later and I'm not sure I want to keep it yet...

None of the wholesalers I deal with received any RCBS Bullet Feeders. I thought it was vaporware, I'm glad someone has got one.

1st impressions and pictures would be appreciated.

LT

It would have been nice if they could have shown a closeup of the actual feeder itself, as opposed to the bin that loads the feeder.

Perhaps I just don't have the proper imagination, but I have never figured out how a bullet feeder can feed bullets down a tube into the case, unless it is doing it on the 3rd stage of a 5 stage press, so that the 4th stage is the actual seater. Which also implies that the bullet either has to be partly seated on stage 3 or has to balance precariously on the top of the case as the case is rotated into the next position. What am I missing?

Graham, the RCBS Pro 2000 uses a die to bell the case mouth in spot number two (also the primer seating station). Number three is the powder drop. This leaves spot 4 and 5 for the seating/crimp die. I have my seating die in spot 4, but moving it over to spot 5 would be easy enough to accomidate the RCBS bullet feeder.

Dillon uses the powder drop as a belling device and eliminates the belling die.

One thing I can see that's going to cause problems with this is the auto-indexer on the Pro 2000 can be pretty harsh at the end of the cycle. I put the bullet on top of the case after the powder drops on the down stroke to stop the powder from jiggling out of the case during the rotation to the seating stage. I see this problem with fluffy powders in 40 cal; less of a problem with other powders in 9mm and 45, but sometimes. I don't see it working with 9mm major or 38SC on the Pro 2000 at all without major powder spillage. In the video, the RCBS guy wasn't using any powder in his demo, nor was he using any primers which changes the stroke during reloading.

I think the bullet feeder will work for some, but not really for others on an RCBS Pro 2000. It will be caliber/powder dependent. If I remember, Alan Meek is also one of the green feeders out there. I hope he weighs in on this as I think he loads open rounds on his.

Graham, the RCBS Pro 2000 uses a die to bell the case mouth in spot number two (also the primer seating station). Number three is the powder drop. This leaves spot 4 and 5 for the seating/crimp die. I have my seating die in spot 4, but moving it over to spot 5 would be easy enough to accomidate the RCBS bullet feeder.

Dillon uses the powder drop as a belling device and eliminates the belling die.

One thing I can see that's going to cause problems with this is the auto-indexer on the Pro 2000 can be pretty harsh at the end of the cycle. I put the bullet on top of the case after the powder drops on the down stroke to stop the powder from jiggling out of the case during the rotation to the seating stage. I see this problem with fluffy powders in 40 cal; less of a problem with other powders in 9mm and 45, but sometimes. I don't see it working with 9mm major or 38SC on the Pro 2000 at all without major powder spillage. In the video, the RCBS guy wasn't using any powder in his demo, nor was he using any primers which changes the stroke during reloading.

I think the bullet feeder will work for some, but not really for others on an RCBS Pro 2000. It will be caliber/powder dependent. If I remember, Alan Meek is also one of the green feeders out there. I hope he weighs in on this as I think he loads open rounds on his.

Green Feeder yes, but I am still on the Auto 4x4 so the bullet feeder won't work for me.

Alan

Well, I picked one up today to test and evaluate for a buddy. As I was unpacking it and looking at the parts I thought it looked very well designed and built. I mounted it to my bench to see if I could use it on the 1050. Everything was going fine. I pluged it in and nothing. WTF! They must have run out of money in the development stage when they got to the motor/drive part. They use a tiny little motor and a groved belt for the drive train so to speak. The motor will not turn the wheel to load the bullets. I took the whole thing apart and the billet wheel wedges so tight against the plastic that there is no way it can turn. Hopefully this is just an issolated quality control issue and they actually plug the motor assembly in and test function before shipping them in the future.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Fireant,

Any update on the RCBS and the 1050

Well, I picked one up today to test and evaluate for a buddy. As I was unpacking it and looking at the parts I thought it looked very well designed and built. I mounted it to my bench to see if I could use it on the 1050. Everything was going fine. I pluged it in and nothing. WTF! They must have run out of money in the development stage when they got to the motor/drive part. They use a tiny little motor and a groved belt for the drive train so to speak. The motor will not turn the wheel to load the bullets. I took the whole thing apart and the billet wheel wedges so tight against the plastic that there is no way it can turn. Hopefully this is just an issolated quality control issue and they actually plug the motor assembly in and test function before shipping them in the future.

That's the kind of report we need. Thanks, Fireant

Nothing new to report, I'm still waiting for a replacement.

I was able to get my hands on one of these to check out and had the same collator problem you described. I took it apart to see if it was just something simple, but the fit between the collator plate and the collator body itself was extremely tight. I'm surprised that a function check was not made before shipping from the factory...especially with it being a new product.