Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help! Open gun missing metal!

Bigpops

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like the back two side holes (one on each side) are cracked too?

where do you see that Flex? (as I pick myself up off the ground)

This is what I was wondering about:

post-690-1231990388_thumb.jpg

Just got back on here this morning (Thursday)

Well Flex you nailed it....good eyes! (much better than mine) They are very tiny but as I ran my fingernail over them they are without a doubt CRACKS!

Any suggestions?

When something falls off from the cracks getting really bad it will go in a safe direction. If you brought it to me to fix this afternoon I would hand it back and tell you to shoot it until it pukes. It is going to need a new slide, and the new slide will either have to be cut for the holes or the barrel will need to be replaced too. When it presented a problem I would just send it off and have a top end put on, and that top end would be 5" barrel with only the holes it came with, a 5" slide lightened appropriately and a nice comp like the Bedell TI. The Brazos Custom tru-bor barrel/comp also shoots really nice, you might consider it.

Damn, 16 holes in that barrel. Does it make major? I had a hard time making it with one that only had 4 holes in the top. I'd love to watch(from a distance) with some of that fireball throwin VV powder at night.

Saw the same cracks Flex did. Dude...you probably want a new top end for that thing.

As for Sanchez, he'll stick around. If Taylor Mays is staying (our "FREAK" safety, 6'-3" 230# and runs a 4.2 and he's staying) then Sanchez will too. Draft status alone dictates that.

Rich

Well Flex you nailed it....good eyes! (much better than mine) They are very tiny but as I ran my fingernail over them they are without a doubt CRACKS!

I just knew to look. There just isn't enough material there to handle to stresses.

Too bad the guy that did the mill work didn't realize that. You might let him know.

I just knew to look. There just isn't enough material there to handle to stresses.

Too bad the guy that did the mill work didn't realize that. You might let him know.

Well thanks Flex. I will let him know. I won't name drop but the gunsmith in question is no rookie, I am very surprised. I will leave it at that.

Thanks to all.....I will run it till it pukes and then spend some more money! Love this sport!

Oh...and all of the feedback about the holes and flinching???? What?...you guys don't shoot wearing a welders helmet and flak jacket? Geez, it's not so bad! :cheers:

Saw the same cracks Flex did. Dude...you probably want a new top end for that thing.

As for Sanchez, he'll stick around. If Taylor Mays is staying (our "FREAK" safety, 6'-3" 230# and runs a 4.2 and he's staying) then Sanchez will too. Draft status alone dictates that.

Rich

you spoke too soon .

I'm not sure on the making major part but it would make a wicked steel gun.

Pops: Sweet gun I love the loud stuff. Shoot it til it breaks. That gun is useful for more than just shooting. Roasting marshmellows, hotdogs, or any of your campfire delicacies.

Now that is just plain old funny! :cheers:

Edited by Bigpops

Pops: Sweet gun I love the loud stuff. Shoot it til it breaks. That gun is useful for more than just shooting. Roasting marshmellows, hotdogs, or any of your campfire delicacies.

Now that is just plain old funny! :cheers:

Better make sure you have an extra thick layer of SEA_BOND on those choppers too old man. :o:P

Edited by JThompson

RO'ing the gun would be painful. Shooting it would not be ;)

Bigpops, I'm serious... contact the smith and see what he might could do for you (if anything)...

Thanks again for your comments, advice and information. I contacted the shop and awaiting a phone call from the gunsmith...he was swamped with work (go figure)

BP

It makes major. I am trying some of my reloads right now with 124 grain MG JHP's with 3N37. Problem is that it so cold my LED chrono goes nuts when I turn it on. When it warms up I will fill you all in and perhaps a little video too. I just don't want to become to famous to quick. I have been told I look just like Brad Pitt............(or was that his butler?) :lol:

Here she is

I added a *thumb rest [generic]*. I have large hands and my thumb was getting beat up by the mount so adding it helps.

The grip has to go...plain old ugly. Jim Hart will get this one too.

The bizzilion holes...well...less weight go faster and...I don't have to worry about anyone crowding me while I shoot!

My wifes first comments, "he took that picture in the back of his truck, see he has rhino lining." Then she said, " holy sh$t, that thing has more holes than a possie of hookers!" LOL I had to post those thoughts! My wife ROCKS!