Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Eleven Below Zero

MichiganShootist

It's bad enough that we have already set snow fall records for 2 months this season and that the total snow for the year passed the 63" mark last week.

Now we're setting records for the coldest temperatures.

Last night it was 11 below and we had a high wind advisory. With sustained winds of 30 mph.... my little chart from the weather service indicates a wind chill of 42 below zero.

I probably burned a half face cord of wood yestrday and my damn furnace never shut off.

Pray for an early spring. :bow:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The snow is coming, so it will warm up some. It is snowing like a B here, started about 4 am this morning (I wish I didn't know that) and have 4+ inches already. Small flakes though as it is really cold for snow, about 15* I think but that is 25* better than you have it right now!!

I can relate to your problems. Back in December we had a week of -20+ during the day but now that Jan is here it is expected to reach the high 50's by this weekend. The reason for the warmup is the wind, it's been running 25-35MPH for days. High wind advisories here don't begin until the winds exceed 45MPH with gust to 60 as a norm.

It's bad enough that we have already set snow fall records for 2 months this season and that the total snow for the year passed the 63" mark last week.

Now we're setting records for the coldest temperatures.

Last night it was 11 below and we had a high wind advisory. With sustained winds of 30 mph.... my little chart from the weather service indicates a wind chill of 42 below zero.

I probably burned a half face cord of wood yestrday and my damn furnace never shut off.

Pray for an early spring. :bow:

That's cause you live 'out west'. Here on the "east coast" of the state it only got down to -6. :roflol:

I just went to the post office.... and heard part of the Paul Harvey show on the radio. He said that a small town in upper Minnesota recorded a temp. of -58 yesterday and they had winds in the 30 - 40 mph range.

My chart from the national eather service only goes to - 35 so there's not way to guess what the wind chill was.

I spent my first 25 years in southern Ontario, Canada. The next 22 years were in Michigan. You have just heard about winter there. In the summer, when the temp is 98F, the humidity is often the same, 98. You step out the door and are immediately soaked in sweat.

I have the patio door wide open now. It is sunny and 65F. I know, it gets to 110+ in the summer. But 100F with 10% humidity is much nicer than 90F with 90% humidity. And you know what? I have never had to scrape the heat off my windshield or shovel the heat out of my driveway.

I will deal with the outrageously hot summers to never have to deal with sub zero temps and multi feet of snow.

My chart from the national eather service only goes to - 35 so there's not way to guess what the wind chill was.

Somewhere around -100 or so... ;) Or, more succinctly... F'ing cold! :surprise:

I know what you mean. I live in northern MN and it's too cold to shot and almost too cold to go fishing. We have a high today of -5, but not sure if it's going to make it there. The wind is picking up, but on the bright side at least it's not snowing so I don't have to shovel in this.

We're having record highs here in Northern California and breaking 60y old heat records on a daily basis. Supposed to be in the mid-70s today...I'm equally upset about this, since I was hoping for a good ski season in the Sierras this year...

I have never had to scrape the heat off my windshield or shovel the heat out of my driveway.

I will deal with the outrageously hot summers to never have to deal with sub zero temps and multi feet of snow.

AMEN!!!!!! I am taking the first ticket out of this shitehole I can get!!! I lived in Phoenix and loved it, wife hated it. Now we live here, she loves it and I hate it. Been here 15 years, time for her to hate it for 15 years.