Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gen 4 Glock? Is this for real?

ajg308

M&P. Better trigger, better ergonomics, similar price, and the market share Glock has enjoyed is shrinking because of the M&P. When it shrinks enough they will do something meaningful to change the guns, until then a cosmetic fluff up will be all you can expect.

ok the M&P is good, and many folks like it. but i don't see how you can say "better". while the M&P feels good i like the glock better. while the facory triggers are about the same, to me a little polishing and the glocks better to me.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I've read this is not for sure the "4th Generation" of all Glocks. Simply a special edition of the G22 to gauge the reaction. If positive, it could be, if not it won't be.

Seems a good idea to me. Personally I would like to see more texture on the grip, new slide serrations...not so much. I was hoping for the finger grooves to go the way of the dodo, but oh well.

In my perfect world, Glocks would have the current light rail, the 2nd Gen frontstrap (i.e. no finger grooves), and front cocking serrations.

I'd add a dovetailed Front Sight to that list and substitute the first generation grip for the 2nd......

While we're at it, can we make it a METAL front sight?

Glock does sella metal front sight that's an exact copy of the stock plastic unit, so they know the problem.

But actually the stock plastic front sight works great for me. I can rip that sucker off in less than 1/2 a second to put my Heinie's on. What more could I ask of a factory sight? :cheers:

In my perfect world, Glocks would have the current light rail, the 2nd Gen frontstrap (i.e. no finger grooves), and front cocking serrations.

I'd add a dovetailed Front Sight to that list and substitute the first generation grip for the 2nd......

While we're at it, can we make it a METAL front sight?

Sure ---- but I'd probably want to change it out anyway......

Dovetail good! Metal front sight vs. Plastic? Eh......

From what I've read this is not for sure the "4th Generation" of all Glocks. Simply a special edition of the G22 to gauge the reaction. If positive, it could be, if not it won't be.

Seems a good idea to me. Personally I would like to see more texture on the grip, new slide serrations...not so much. I was hoping for the finger grooves to go the way of the dodo, but oh well.

I was told the same thing from a person in the LEO sales dept at glock. This is just another option and that there are two different "new" grip textures.

One is more abrasive than the other.

T

The 22RTF (Rough Texture Frame) is a conventional mag release gun, all mags will work in it. The only Ambi mag catch guns are the SF models, 20, 21, 29, and 30. I really like the grip surface of this gun. I wish Glock would have relieved the trigger guard a bit but what are you going to do. This was the first grip that I would shoot without doing anything to the grip, no grip tape, nothing. It wasn't aggressive enough to worry about wearing out clothes though. The slide serrations suck though. They didn't offer any more purchase than the old ones. The RTF looks like it's only available in the 22 for now. At least I didn't see any other models with it.

I'd add a dovetailed Front Sight to that list

Why? One of the major charms of the Glock sight setup, I think, is the way the front sight is affixed, and how easy it to remove and install. A dovetail would just be more work, right?

You're speaking to the person who's had three front sights come off in matches. Me telling you that I want a dovetail correlates to you being right abvout the frakking extended slide stop......

I'd rather trade the work for the security.....

I took the Armourers course in November and got to handle the only one (at that time) in the US.

It felt really good in the hand and will not move on you.

A 2 thumbs up for this model.

If I were going to buy a new Glock, this is it. Would I buy one to replace an existing one? No.

You're speaking to the person who's had three front sights come off in matches.

WOW. Are we talking aftermarket sights with the hex screw system (in which case I'm very, very surprised) or the stock plastic jobbies (in which case I am surprised not at all)?

You're speaking to the person who's had three front sights come off in matches.

WOW. Are we talking aftermarket sights with the hex screw system (in which case I'm very, very surprised) or the stock plastic jobbies (in which case I am surprised not at all)?

Aftermarket, installed with red loc-tite....

In the guns defense, one or tow of the front sights may have had slight sizing discrepancies with the hole in the slide, allowing for too much wiggle room. When i install one now, I put loc-tite around the base of the sight, where it contacts the slide hole, in addition to on the threads, essentially gluing it in place....

Mr Gaston was bright enough to come up with this design to begin with. I think if anyone can improve it he can. Till you hold it in your hands and shoot it how can you really know,but I have a sneaking feeling it will be a little better. As far as looks pretty is as pretty does forget the benchracing asthetics.I love a S&W revolver but a auto from them in my experience "which has been limited" is a joke. I hope the M&P can empty the mag without jamming. Just my .02

Edited by Springfield Champion