Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open Gun covers for dusty conditions

1911jerry

I am doing a little research on gun covers for dusty conditions. I have had a CR Speed and have seen the CED model. What else is out there tht will fit a full size open gun with TruBor comp, and Serendipity CMore, and Dawson magwell.

Thanks

Jerry

I am doing a little research on gun covers for dusty conditions. I have had a CR Speed and have seen the CED model. What else is out there tht will fit a full size open gun with TruBor comp, and Serendipity CMore, and Dawson magwell.

Thanks

Jerry

I picked one up from Speedshooters and it worked perfectly

Shower cap from the motel ;)

(It really works!)

YEPPERS! First major I shot was the '98 Area 1 in Reno. It doesn't get worse than that and there was a major run on shower caps at that match.

Rich

yes but, the monogramming on a plastic shower cap would be a total wast of cash. :wacko:

Chuck at Shooters Connection has a pretty nice cover. I used mine a little at A5 last year on the really dusty stages and sometimes in the rain so I don't have to wipe the water off the lens. Shower caps work too, but be prepared for the abuse if your buddies are like my buddies.

I got one of the Guga Ribas covers from SSI and it's not quite big enough for my Bedell shorty or Millenium shorty. It would be perfect for a 6" Limited gun. I have a CR Speed cover and really like it. I looked on Chuck's site but didn't see anything other than the CR Speed....anybody have a link?

Chuck @ Shooters Connection still has them I bought 35 of them to put in out gift bags at our last

Shooting Club's Christmas Party. It's not listed on the web site. I had to call and ask Chuck about them.

Edited by TruStreet

I got one of the Guga Ribas covers from SSI and it's not quite big enough for my Bedell shorty or Millenium shorty. It would be perfect for a 6" Limited gun. I have a CR Speed cover and really like it. I looked on Chuck's site but didn't see anything other than the CR Speed....anybody have a link?

Hey Chris- lets make a deal on that Guga one. ;) I could use one.