Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Multi gun Nationals in Las Vegas?

Last day till we travel :D

All those last minute details...have to chrono pistol and load match ammo this morning

Rifles and shotguns are zeroed and ready

Still a bit of lost gear hiding somewhere :wacko:

We seem to be more excited about this match than others we shot this year.

I cant wait to see old friends...and meet new ones :cheers:

Jim

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya'll have fun.

I'm heading to Napa for 4 days and San Francsico for 2 days for a meeting instead.

Instead of going to Nationals in Vegas to get some range time, I've decided just to get my liver in shape for FB3G instead.

:cheers:

Nasty long range stages! Offhand flashers at about 130 yds; larues r out beyond 350. The other 10 stages r hosers.

Be nice if they would have calibrated the Larue's BEFORE 2 1/2 SQUADS SHOOT STAGE 1 loudly voicing that solid hits arent putting them down.

So there we are on stage 2 with a clear view of the targets on stage 1 when the RM goes flyin by on his 4 wheeler with two other RO's in tow and proceed to spend at least 30 minutes fiddling with the targets in question. Voila' as if by magic now these very same targets are falling with hits. "Hmmm, methinks a reshoot ought to be in order, no..."

Does it happen you ask? Nope. So now you have roughly 25 shooters who had to engage HEAVY set flashers that did not fall with 55gn ammo (which did make minor), and every subsequent shooter had them set much lighter.

Yes, an arbitration was filed and when I questioned the RM point blank his answer was, I quote, "we consider the Larue targets to be plates and not poppers. we cant calibrate them, and since they are poppers we dont have to calibrate them"

I ask you, how the hell do you consider a larue target to be a plate and not a popper?!!! It aint round and sit on a pedestal, its freakin long and skinney and is hinged at the freakin bottom!!

WTH?

That was bull. We were the 1st squad to shoot that stage. I was shooting 69's and still had multiple hits to knock them down. Same larues on stage 2, almost the same distance, and they went flying down with just one hit. So squads 1 & 2 got screwed. They adjusted them for 40 mins and the rest of the squads get a break. No way will they toss it- that stage IS the match.

Nasty long range stages! Offhand flashers at about 130 yds; larues r out beyond 350. The other 10 stages r hosers.

Be nice if they would have calibrated the Larue's BEFORE 2 1/2 SQUADS SHOOT STAGE 1 loudly voicing that solid hits arent putting them down.

So there we are on stage 2 with a clear view of the targets on stage 1 when the RM goes flyin by on his 4 wheeler with two other RO's in tow and proceed to spend at least 30 minutes fiddling with the targets in question. Voila' as if by magic now these very same targets are falling with hits. "Hmmm, methinks a reshoot ought to be in order, no..."

Does it happen you ask? Nope. So now you have roughly 25 shooters who had to engage HEAVY set flashers that did not fall with 55gn ammo (which did make minor), and every subsequent shooter had them set much lighter.

Yes, an arbitration was filed and when I questioned the RM point blank his answer was, I quote, "we consider the Larue targets to be plates and not poppers. we cant calibrate them, and since they are poppers we dont have to calibrate them"

I ask you, how the hell do you consider a larue target to be a plate and not a popper?!!! It aint round and sit on a pedestal, its freakin long and skinney and is hinged at the freakin bottom!!

WTH?

I'm not there and don't have a dog in this fight but will offer an observation. If the USPSA powers that be really want to reestablish the USPSA Multi-Gun Nationals as a premier match (as has been stated on several occasions) - their handling of this situation ain't the way to go about it. I'd suggest that EVERY Shooter who shot prior to the LaRue calibration should file an arbitration - maybe sheer numbers will make the point of how wrong this decision is. Has anyone contacted the "home office" or Amidon?

Poor administration at last years match is the main reason I'm not in Vegas right now. If USPSA wants to attract and retain shooters, then disadvantaging two and a half squads worth of them and not making it right isn't the right way to go. If this is the way this match is being run, glad I'm in TX.

I agree with Fullauto , I'm also am not there because of Poor administration at last years match ., and I told the MD and the RM, then.

I would not shoot another USPSA Nat match because of it .

It would seem from a quick review of the rules, that 4.3.1.6 , says that the shooters that have already shot are screwed , RO decision .

If you can somehow make a case thats its not the same course of fire because of the allterations made during the NON calibration event , that the tragets are moved ??? even a little ??? you are not presented with the same challenge , therefore Reshoot.

Well, back in the hotel room now, showered and cleaned up, full belly from a good meal. Had some time to reflect on the days events with my fellow shooters.. BTW, very nice match hotel, someone made a good decision on this one.

Let me ask you a question: how do matches like RM3G, Benning, CMMG, Ironman, ect only have 1 or 2 pages of rules for the whole match and the equipment and they fill up with 200+ shooters.... Yet USPSA with its, what.. 70-something page rule book fail to draw 125 shooters for its premier match, NATIONALS for pete's sake. I think the very fact that the course of fire was altered to the shooters advantage and someone had to actually pay $100 to file an arbitration so we could even be considered to get the opportunity for a reshoot on the changed stage is a reflection on how beaurocracy-heavy the parent organization has become. This is a situation of doing the right thing because it's right, not having to page through a rule book and find a loophole...

And dont get me started on the food.. Sheesh, pay $225 in match fees and no lunch included...? $11 for a hot dog bun with some shredded beef in it, grade school lunch box sized bag of chips, and a coke?! And by the time we are able to get to lunch due to several delays in the shooting (see aforementioned stage 1 and 2 silliness) all the condiments and extras are gone.. Glad I brought some granola bars and water.

If this is evident of how USPSA intends to run its biggest events, I will evaluate my future membership and participation..

Updates to follow as information comes available, hopefully my next post will be more positive.

somewhat irritated at the moment,

Ken

Folks,

Brian's Forum is not the place to come to air your complaints.

We usually grant some lee-way for match feedback and discussion, but don't come here just to dump and dog-pile!

- Admin.

That said, I believe that steel plated for MG fall under the rifle rules?

4.3.1.6 Unlike Poppers, metal plates are not subject to calibration or calibration

challenges. If a scoring metal plate has been hit but fails

to fall, self-indicate, or overturn as designed, the Range Officer

shall declare range equipment failure and order the competitor to

reshoot the course of fire, after the faulty plate has been rectified.

The Range Officer shall be the final arbiter as to whether

the plate is functioning as designed.

{Note: this thread is not the place for a protracted rules discussion. Start a new thread for that in the appropriate forum please.}

Well, you know, today is a new day. We're all away from the house for a few days out in the sun running around with our favorite guns doing something we all obviously like to do... So I predict it will be a good day and I've got high hopes that events from yesterday will turn out all for the best and we'll all have another full day of burning rounds down range.

[if you didn't go]

You missed a good one. Still some issues, but when can all of us get together and not have a couple glitches. It's 1000 times better than last year. Fun stages, more rounds, longer times (except for Daniel, Robbie, Patrick and the other top shooters), good dump barrels and buckets (easy and safe) better rules (new combined rule book, still long, but it is USPSA)...it's been a hoot. Hope that in the future, RO's can shoot early, help shoot in the stages and then have some more RO's that shoot 3-Gun. But, the RO's worked hard and they pulled it off. Thanks to everyone who made this better! I was ready to give up on USPSA, but I'll hang in there a while longer. It's really been fun.

(Is there any way a rule book, or someone other than me could make me shoot better??? I see that as a BIG improvement for the future!:roflol: I mean, one of the match directors provided me with an official booster seat for my little rifle, but I feel an official booster for my scores would really help!)

One more stage tomorrow! It really has been fun! (JJ even had a smile on his face a few times!)

Denise

Edited by Flexmoney

You missed a good one. Still some issues, but when can all of us get together and not have a couple glitches. It's 1000 times better than last year. Fun stages, more rounds, longer times (except for Daniel, Robbie, Patrick and the other top shooters), good dump barrels and buckets (easy and safe) better rules (new combined rule book, still long, but it is USPSA)...it's been a hoot. Hope that in the future, RO's can shoot early, help shoot in the stages and then have some more RO's that shoot 3-Gun. But, the RO's worked hard and they pulled it off. Thanks to everyone who made this better! I was ready to give up on USPSA, but I'll hang in there a while longer. It's really been fun.

(Is there any way a rule book, or someone other than me could make me shoot better??? I see that as a BIG improvement for the future!:roflol: I mean, one of the match directors provided me with an official booster seat for my little rifle, but I feel an official booster for my scores would really help!)

One more stage tomorrow! It really has been fun! (JJ even had a smile on his face a few times!)

Denise

If they hold it in Vegas again, I would go. Thanks for the news, you are so darn positive it's inspiring. :)