Revo ONLY match

hopalong

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This sounds like a great match. I will be coming and my goal is to get at least 5 more shooters from Raleigh, N.C. area to come with me. Thanks to all who have made this happen. Maybe our "Grand Imperial Majestic Revolver Ruler" Mr. Walsh will be there.

This sounds like a great match. I will be coming and my goal is to get at least 5 more shooters from Raleigh, N.C. area to come with me. Thanks to all who have made this happen. Maybe our "Grand Imperial Majestic Revolver Ruler" Mr. Walsh will be there.

Well I'll be making my way from Wilmington to get there, and look forward to seeing some familiar (and not so familiar) faces at the match. I am sure that there are a large number of people who have not gotten a good chuckle from seeing me send .45 Colt downrange from a Ruger Alaskan. (big brass, short barrel) :roflol:

People keep telling me that some sort of "fireball" comes out of the front of my revolver, but I have never seen it. At least since bringing my loads down from 185PF to 170PF. :rolleyes:

Oh, I should have my Kydex holster for the Alaskan by the Memphis match.... :wub:

I presume that this will be a lost brass match, so I guess that I should start pleading with the RO's so that they might let me get my brass back from them.....Please???? :D I mean who else is going to be interested in shooting .45 Colt in USPSA??? :huh:

Edited by Blueridge

I presume that this will be a lost brass match

I may be wrong here, but I doubt very many will lose their brass unless Hop requires us to unload moonclips before leaving each stage :roflol: .

I don't think his 45.colt is mooned.

I presume that this will be a lost brass match

I may be wrong here, but I doubt very many will lose their brass unless Hop requires us to unload moonclips before leaving each stage :roflol: .

I don't think his 45.colt is mooned.

Sorry about the confusion. I knew his wasn't mooned, but I'm guessing 90% or more of the shooters will be using S&W 625's that are mooned, which basically means it will not be a lost brass match for >90% of the shooters. I'm wrong all too often, but some pleading with Hop will probably result in Blueridge going home with a bucket of .45 Colt brass. My post was directed at Hop.

Edited by chemepharmd

For some reason I did not think about all of the shooters that would be using moonclipped ammunition. I am so used to shooting in squads with auto shooters it did not cross my mind. :blush:

I appreciate the special "speedloader" category that will be recognized. :D

• 3 weeks later...

There is some room on the range for RVs but no hook ups, for more info please contact Bill the asst Match director.

He is Stage3 on these forums.

I would like to welcome some more sponsors:

SMITH & WESSON

SHOOTERS CONNECTION

please contact these fine folks for your next product, and tell them thanks for the support of the sport (and the Children)

I've been in and out of town working, so if you send me info, questions or anything it may be a little time before I contact you back.

Thanks, and bring others with you

OH, and NEMO needs to borrow a gun and rig. He's shooting on Friday and working as staff. If anyone can help him out please let him know.

Hop

Sam thanks for the slot,but really how would that look taking a free slot at a fund raising match, especially one for kids.

Tell you what sounds like plenty of guns will be availible for those that don't have a revolver, I'll send you 5 moonclip servers, for those who need other moonclip gear, not moonclip specific, holds 6, left right reversable.

Sounds like a fun match, we'll see how this summer goes for me as to my attendance. Good luck Sam.

Edited by JAustin

Hopalong,

Is there a place near the range to park an RV? The memphis KOA looks to be on the far side of Memphis so its not viable.

The range has limited RV hookup with power and water (no sewage), Let me know ASAP when you will arrive and depart and I'lll hold a spot for you. I think it's 15-20 per night.

Bill

There is some room on the range for RVs but no hook ups, for more info please contact Bill the asst Match director.

He is Stage3 on these forums.

I would like to welcome some more sponsors:

SMITH & WESSON

SHOOTERS CONNECTION

please contact these fine folks for your next product, and tell them thanks for the support of the sport (and the Children)

I've been in and out of town working, so if you send me info, questions or anything it may be a little time before I contact you back.

Thanks, and bring others with you

OH, and NEMO needs to borrow a gun and rig. He's shooting on Friday and working as staff. If anyone can help him out please let him know.

Hop

I just happen to have a spare S&W 25 with holster and an extra Speedy-Rack, no belt though. The major problem is that I will not get to the range until late Friday afternoon or that night.

Sam, If you are coming to this year's ICORE Cup, I will be glad to give to you to take up there and have for him. All he will need is some Federal primed 45 and of course a belt that will fit.

Let me know.

PAT

• 2 weeks later...

Take a look again. ;) (Listed as Memphis Charity Challenge)

It is/will be a level II, just need to get NROI to approve the stages (have been submitted to those who need them).

10 stages, 218 minimum shots. (Please bring more, I have one all steel stage) :devil:

Hop

Edited by hopalong

Hope you didn't gain access to a Polish Plate Rack to use with a Texas Star along with 1/2 dozen 25 yard mini-poppers. Actually that sounds awesome so you have my permission to design it into a stage, that's if you don't mind that someone might want to shoot you instead.

LeRoy,

Glad to hear from you, how's things up there ?

I actually have a Polish plate rack on order, to be used in the MS 3-gun and the Memphis Charity Challenge !!! :devil::devil::devil:

No TX star (This year) gotta save something for later. ;)

Hope some of you "Westerners" can make it over.

Looking to make A-1 again next year if things line up, had a great time with you guys.

Hop

Gary Stevens is the range master, we talked yesterday for a little while.

We may be going to a one day only match, with ROs shooting in the squads (less cost of match administration that way) (and more to donate to St. Jude Childrens Research Hospital) Depending on the number of entries recieved between now and the 1st of September. Until then we're going on the scheduled events.

May have a side match, working on the details of that.

Hop

Now THAT is what I'm talking about !!!! :cheers:

A NOT normally revolver shooter coming to get some !!! :P

NOW the rest of you go out and recruit some more like TONY.

Hop

From what I have seen. Tony normally shoots revolver..He just is not normal. :roflol: Of course I only get to see him and Frank at the ICORE matches. That may have something to do with it. Expect the Okie contigent just as soon as we finish with the MidWest Regional the first week in August. Later rdd

Gary Stevens is the range master, we talked yesterday for a little while.

We may be going to a one day only match, with ROs shooting in the squads (less cost of match administration that way) (and more to donate to St. Jude Childrens Research Hospital) Depending on the number of entries recieved between now and the 1st of September. Until then we're going on the scheduled events.

May have a side match, working on the details of that.

Hop

What day? Saturday? How many so far?

What day ?

Saturday Oct 31 (If it changes from the original format)

How many ? (I'm hoping for 100+, kinda doubt we'll get that many though) <_<

Squadding up on the USPSA website, I have a couple others not listed yet.

Link to match:

http://www.memphis-ssa.com/mcc/mcc.htm

Come on down David (yes you can put the STI down for a little while) ;)

Hop