Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where to take my wife for anniversary?

Where should I take my wife for our anniversary? 10 years this year I guess that's supposed to be something special. Personally I wanted to go to GentlemanJim's to finish my Firebird but she didn't like that idea (no she's not a shooter) I'm taking any and all suggestions. Romantic type stuff is not my area of expertise.

Single night...

Dinner and a movie (touchy feely) then the night in a posh hotel with breakfast in bed the next morning...

If you can swing the big package....

3 night - 2 day cruise out of CC or Galveston. Home run for sure right there. :cheers:

Well,

This would depend on your budget and her likes. My wife likes theater and I took her to San Fransisco for a week. We got a good room rate at a nice hotel and were walking distance from the theater. We had good meals every night. Saw Phantom Of The Opera, and did the Alcatraz thing.

While I would not recommend SF, just not the best city, I would suggest doing something she would like that you know would be a stretch for you. It seems to make them appreciate it when you do that.

So find out what she likes, take her to a city that has that. Get a room and leave the kids (if you have any) with relatives so you can be undistracted. Then live it up like newlyweds! :devil:

Mine just asked me if I want to visit her friends in Pheonix this year. She said, " You go shoot at that place you want to and I'll come get you when your done" :blink: I thought I was hearing things. Nope, she was serious. :blush::wub:

I guess it's payback time. :)

10 years this year I guess that's supposed to be something special.

Romantic type stuff is not my area of expertise.

:roflol::roflol::roflol:

Take it from someone who's on their 3rd wife.

You better damn sure pretend it's something special even if you think it's no big deal.

I don't know what airfare costs are right now. But if it's not too bad you could tell her that you are taking her to dinner. Then drive to the airport and get on a Southwest flight to San Antonio. Have dinner on the riverwalk and fly back (or stay overnight)

I used to do this in high school (20.00 ea. one way from Love Field). Very impressive and would have them home on time B)

edited to add; Just remember, she fell in love and married you for who you are...so you've already impressed her. I'm sure whatever you come up with will be just fine. (except going to Gentleman Jim's). Congrat's and good luck :cheers:

Edited by DonT

You know your wife better than we do so you know what she likes.

Even fairly little things can be really worked with the right build up.

I'd suggest a weekend at a bed & breakfast somewhere quiet that has good dining and other relaxing activities nearby. Someplace either you have never been before or which you have been that holds a special meaning.

Only do not tell her what is up. Just tell her something is coming and the morning before you leave have her pack clothes for whatever climate you are going to. Be as mysterious about everything as possible.

Then, at dinner, give her something nice. Jewelry, or whatever.

Example:

For my wife's b-day this last year I made arrangements to fly to Seattle to take in a Mariner's game (she is a huge M's fan but had never been to Safeco Field before). I dropped hints for about three months (extreme close up of part of a baseball/bat/glove leather, part of the sheet music for Louie Louie, and so on) but did NOT tell her what was up. My wife is highly intelligent and a great puzzle solver so I had to be very, very careful. All tickets were mailed to my office and stayed there in the safe.

The day of our trip I woke her up early (which is taking one's life in one's hands as it is) and had her M's jersey packed in the car with the tickets. I told her to dress comfortably, not fancy, and wear shoes for walking. We then got in the car and drove to Spokane which is pretty normal for us to do. It wasn't until we pulled into the airport that she started getting the idea that something unusual was up. Airport security being what it is I had to spill the beans at that point. It was a great day even though the M's SUCKED and she is still talking about it six months later.

Use your imagination and you can come up with something. Good luck!

+1 to the bed and breakfast idea.

My wife and I renewed our vows with the same preacher and best man at bed a breakfast. We also invited our close family. I gave my wife her 10 year anniversary band during the ceremony. She was very surprised.

Happy 10th!

Edited by BlackSabbath

You didn't give much to go on... adventure? travel? mushy stuff :) ?

- Wal-mart :)

- Vegas (shows)

- Cruise

- Grand Canyon

- Niagara Falls

- NYC (winter time?)

- DC

- Para or Bungee jumping

- re-create first/memorable date or moment

- renew vows

- flower from wedding bouquet

- skiing trip

- picture album

- hot air ballon ride

If you are looking for travel, go see a local travel agent (they do this stuff) or the AAA.

Gifts, women like emotional stuff.

10yrs... got something you always thought of doing? Or, going?

Ask her friends or sisters. Maybe just ask her? Or pay attention (she might be dropping hints). ?

Banff ..Canida was great for our 20th. The big hotel is way over rated and staying just down the hill in down town is best. If you go to the Big hotel and have dinner you will be glad you did not spend the big buck to stay at it. And if you ask one of the nice girls at the front desk to look at two of the rooms they will give you key to "Check them out"

The Dog sled ride can be very good if your up to the challenge, I can't think of a single thing about the trip that was not great. But we only spent a week

Today is our 30th anniversary. Later this afternoon I'm taking her to her dentist. Being the romantic type I couldn't see her going there by herself.

Bill

:roflol::goof::lol:

It's always good to have someone holding your hand while you let a stranger stick sharp steel implements in your mouth.

Where should I take my wife for our anniversary? 10 years this year I guess that's supposed to be something special. Personally I wanted to go to GentlemanJim's to finish my Firebird but she didn't like that idea (no she's not a shooter) I'm taking any and all suggestions. Romantic type stuff is not my area of expertise.

Take her to Wichita Falls,Tx - I would suggest end of March

Bill

+1 oddjob.

DO NOT tell her your taking her on a nice vacation for the two of you out west to camp and see yellowstone, mountains etc...

Then after a week, announce that you have to make a stop in Cheyenne to shoot a pistol match.

I'll never do that again! :surprise:

Whatever you plan, make sure that she doesn't have to do any work involved with the trip.

If you have obligations in the house, like plants, pets, or children ( :D ), make sure that all the details concerning how these things will get along in your absence are taken care of. If you say "Hey Baby, let's go to Vegas!", and she has 2 hours to figure out what to do with plants/pets/kids/etc, she is not going to be a happy camper. Think of ALL the details.

FWIW.

Find the best hotel you can afford within say 100miles. Check to see if they have a "Romance or Anniversary" package. If they do you are set! Otherwise improvise with a fine dinning establishment & something nice for her.

Lets not forget "Don't Drink and Drive".

Enjoy!