Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gran Torino

Anon

Absolutely LOVED this movie, Hmong acting was a little poor but Clint makes up for it. Five Stars from me. cheers.gif

Only 1 of the Hmong actors ( Spider ) had ever done any acting ............. at all. So I'd say they did alright. ;)

I would love to drive that Gran Torino. wink.gif

Sweet ride.

I totally agree .............. my 1st car in high school was a dark green Gran Torino with a 351 Windsor engine. Paid $300 for that car in 1985 and it ran like a dream. B)

Edited by CHRIS KEEN

Great movie. Eastwood epidimizes the "grumpy old bastard who lives next-door". And I've lived next to a few of them. :)

One thing I didn't understand about the ending ................ and I'll try and keep it somewhat hidden ............. is that at one point the priest said "one thing about the Hmong, they keep their mouth shut". So then how were there any "witnesses" in the final scene ?

I thought the same thing and then it dawned on me that it was because they all had so much respect for him and what he did.

Great Movie. Not at all what I expected when i went to see it so it does have that unexpected twist at the end.

I was kind of disappointed...ending was weak in my opinion...surely they could have come up with some really cool retribution with some action scenes and then let Wally die gracefully at the end and give the car to the kid... C+ rated, not his best work, but he plays that character really well.

I just saw the movie this afternoon with my wife as well. We both thought it was great. You can tell when a movie is really good and thought provoking because the audience is usually very subdued as they file out. This one was nearly silent.

Kudos to Clint Eastwood producer, director and actor! :cheers:

I was kind of disappointed...ending was weak in my opinion...surely they could have come up with some really cool retribution with some action scenes and then let Wally die gracefully at the end and give the car to the kid... C+ rated, not his best work, but he plays that character really well.
It was rather "passive aggressive" if you think about it.

::::SPOILERISH::::

Maybe a weak ending if it were an action movie. The whole dramatic theme of the film had to do with damnation and redemption. Ending it any other way would have taken a lot of punch out of the movie. Wally felt like he had to sacrifice himself to make up for all the horrible things he felt guilty about doing as a young man. I didn't pick up on that side of it until the second time I saw the movie.

B-

A little disappointed. I broke my rule of never stepping foot into a theater again to see it. Turned out to be a good crowd to see a movie with.

Loved Eastwood, always have. Supporting cast with a few exceptions were awful. Predictable plot but enjoyed watching anyhow.

What impresses me is that Mr. Eastwood will be 79 this spring. Pretty damn cool. :cheers:

Jim