Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MG vs Zero

Rolex

for me, i noticed the MG required slightly more powder to get the same PF as Zero bullets. BUt all in all the MG shoots just as well as the Zero and are easier to get. I think cheaper too.

Edited by yoshidaex

Having a hard time finding Zero 125JHP.

Any one use MG 124 CMJ- dont want the

lead base for comp. How did you find

them to work? :angry2:

I have been using them for about 3 years now and love them. Very consistent. No feeding problems. Most important, they are easy to get hold of.

FWIW. I hear very good things about MG 9mm 121gr IFP. Open shooters I know use it at Rio Salado. Insisting that it's the most accurate bullet they have used. But, then again people who shoot guns that look like that are known to say just about anything. :)

Jim

Having a hard time finding Zero 125JHP.

Any one use MG 124 CMJ- dont want the

lead base for comp. How did you find

them to work? :angry2:

I have used 10K of MG 121 IFP for 9 Major and 38SC. IMO, they are great. Accuracy is awesome. Always available. Again, IMO they are an excellent bullet between 115 and 125grn. 121 are just a touch longer than MG 115JHP and flat nose. They knock down the steel rather well.

You normally get your order in several days via USPS.

I am just opening my second big box of MG 124 cmj. They have been great for me and I will continue using them for my 9mm Major. I have never used Zeros so I can't compare the two, but the MGs just work for me.

Bill

It would be interesting to load and bench shoot MG, Zero, Precision Delta, Hornady and others to get a real comparison. What I say shoots well and what you say shoots well, may or may not depending upon the skill level of the shooter.

Put one gun in a rest, try all the heads for group, then the next gun and so on.

Could be surprising.

Jim

I like both bullets but use MG because of availability. The MG's are just slightly more $ but they arrive in 2 days after I order them and I've never had to wait on any calibers from them. I've always waited for freaking ever on my Zeroes.Margaret(Zero) may need to take lessons from Jolene(MG) on why they can do that. I've heard that Margaret at Zero has no overhead and refuses to go into debt to expand to keep up with production.

As for comparison...they both shoot well for me. The MG's do take a tenth or two more powder to meet PF for PF.

i shot the Zero for several years, the past two years I have used the 121 IFP looks like the 124 and 115 but with the HP filled in . yes I do think I need a bit more powder but they work great , If you buy them in bulk the price is good.

I like both Zero and MG <_< the Postman will kind of be difficult if you order more than 20,000 :blink:

It would be interesting to load and bench shoot MG, Zero, Precision Delta, Hornady and others to get a real comparison. What I say shoots well and what you say shoots well, may or may not depending upon the skill level of the shooter.

Put one gun in a rest, try all the heads for group, then the next gun and so on.

Could be surprising.

Jim

I have done that with Zeros and MGs - from a shooting rest/vice at 25yds. Honestly, in both of our open guns, I thought the MGs 124 CMJs were slightly more accurate that Zero 125s in our open guns. Did the same with 40s and could not see significant difference accuracy in either of our Limited pistols.

BTW - my steel load with MG 115s is VERY accurate.

Wish MG would make a 135 grn 9mm for production.

Again, being able to rely on availability is key for me.

I found that also needed a bit more powder to make PF with the MG vs. Zero, but otherwise no big difference.

My motto is buy what is available at the time, buy as much as you can afford and stay well supplied.

I've tried Zero 125s and compared it with MG 124 JHPs on a rest. The MGs are more accurate out of my gun and is all I'm using now. They are easier to get and cheaper by the bulk; but I think cost a little more than Zero. Both are good bullets but I just love the MG 124 JHPs.