Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Left the range

Pdoyle

If any of you know Andy Ginn, he passed away last night in his sleep. He was very active GM shooter in the Albuquerque area before relocating to Arkansas. He was one of the first shooters to turn me on to competition to better my skills in law enforcement. I was fortunate to be able to work with him at the Dept of Energy in Arkansas. First he was an armorer then as a instructor. He was a great guy and will be sorely missed. He is survivied by his wife and young daughter. Via Con Dios my brother.

WHHAAATTTT!!!

this is a complete shock......

.Andy was one always fun to be around and shoot with..always laughin, joking..

I have missed shooting with him since he left Colorado.

prayers for you good buddy..prayers for your family.

we will miss ya

Edited by eerw

I just meet Andy last week and spent a little time with him. What a great guy! Spoke with him last night about 7pm or so. What a shock this is... Only wish I had known him better. Andy and his family were the kind of invite a complete stranger into their homes with open arms. The world, and espically the shooting world just lost a great friend.

My prayers and thought are with Cathy and his daughter..

Andy... wish I had taken the time to have that sandwich with you...Happy shooting......

From the Fort Smith newspaper

Andy Ginn

Andy Ginn, 43, of Fort Smith died Monday, Dec. 15, 2008, in Fort Smith. He was an employee of the Becko Co. and he was a veteran of the Army.

He is survived by his wife, Cathy of the home; one daughter, Sara Ginn of the home; his mother and stepfather, Sue and Joe Gerth of Oklahoma City; and four sisters, Glenda Hickman of Oklahoma City, Catherine Linebarger of Texas, Teresa Hickson of Ontario, Canada, and Ginger Parr of Nacogdoches, Texas.

The family will greet friends at Edwards Funeral Home on Saturday afternoon from 2 to 4 p.m. Cremation will be under the direction of Edwards Funeral Home.

To sign an online guest book, visit www.edwardsfuneralhome.com.

From the Fort Smith newspaper

Andy Ginn

Andy Ginn, 43, of Fort Smith died Monday, Dec. 15, 2008, in Fort Smith. He was an employee of the Becko Co. and he was a veteran of the Army.

He is survived by his wife, Cathy of the home; one daughter, Sara Ginn of the home; his mother and stepfather, Sue and Joe Gerth of Oklahoma City; and four sisters, Glenda Hickman of Oklahoma City, Catherine Linebarger of Texas, Teresa Hickson of Ontario, Canada, and Ginger Parr of Nacogdoches, Texas.

The family will greet friends at Edwards Funeral Home on Saturday afternoon from 2 to 4 p.m. Cremation will be under the direction of Edwards Funeral Home.

To sign an online guest book, visit www.edwardsfuneralhome.com.

Sorry to hear that :(

I met Andy on the range in Fort Smith . Myself and two friends were going to shoot our very first IPSC match. Luckily it was also Andy’s first match at Old Fort range, as he had just moved to the area.

Andy introduced himself and put us in his squad and from then on, every day with him was a learning experience!! Before the day was over Andy had handed my friend a FULL range bag (yes gun included) and said, “Here use this I will get it back from you at the next match” and he never hesitated! OMG! I could not believe it. There is no telling how much that bag was worth and he just handed it to us. He made us feel as if we were his best friend. By the end of the day, we were!

As an adult, there are very few times in my life that I can look back on and say, “That changed my life”. But on that day, I can honestly tell you, that did change my life. For someone of his caliber, expertise and talent, to help out the new guys as if he had known us for years is absolutely something that I will remember forever!! He was QUICK! QUICK on the target! QUICK on the trigger! QUICK to make friends!

We have lost a great friend. He will be missed but always remembered!!!!!

Thank you, Andy. Thank you for your time!!!

LJ

I was shocked when I heard the news about Andy passing this week. (Thanks Tom for the heads up)

Last time I saw Andy was when we ran into each other in the Houston airport a couple years back. When I lived in Colorado Springs, Andy did quite a bit of gunsmithing for me and he helped teach me a lot about competition shooting back in the 1990's. He really helped a lot of us over the years to improve our shooting skills. Thanks Andy.

I was able to drive over to Fort Smith to attend the memorial today. I hadn't seen Cathy in years and it was the first time I got to meet Sara their daughter - she looks a lot like her Dad. Friends & Family from all over the country and Canada were there to pay their respects. They had a nice slide show running that showed pictures of Andy's childhood through his adult years and some great pictures of him and his daughter.

My heart goes out to Cathy & Sara and the rest of their families.

Jeff