Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Jinkies, Shaggy, It's Scooby27!

DJPoLo

I don't know what benos and others would say about that thumbrest, though.

For a relatively new shooter, it forces her to attain a perfect grip every draw and that's a good thing.

That's what a fat safety is for. You rest your thumb on it.

Beth, your blaster is very cool. Have fun breaking it in!

Liota

I don't know what benos and others would say about that thumbrest, though.

For a relatively new shooter, it forces her to attain a perfect grip every draw and that's a good thing.

That's what a fat safety is for. You rest your thumb on it.

I was referring to the weak hand position more than the strong hand. I agree - the phat safety keeps the strong hand in position.

Very nice looking gun, if Dave built it, I'm sure it'll run nice too.

I'm not sure I appreciate the extra desire I now have for a full-house Open gun. Thanks....I think! $$

Hey Blake, you actually posted more than 3 words!! :D

We're family man, you can share you secrets here. ;)

That Scooby color change on the grip looks cool.  What program did you use to do that?

I used Adobe Photoshop 7 on a Mac. It's what I do all day at work (mostly) so it just took a minute or two.

I went test fire Dave's Stroker Mini-Open gun today. I tested it along side of his older open gun with the lonnnnnnng comp ( the one I use now). On the timer it is faster then the long gun, esp when it comes to trans. between targets. Not only faster but more consitent hits on the target. It looks like I will shot the nationals with it, it is a great shooting gun. About the thumb rest, it is a good idea and will try it out. My first impression of it is that it keeps the gun in control more then without it. I have to adjust it a little for my hands but Dave said he will be coming out with an adjustable thumb rest. Those are my thoughts on the gun.

P.S. it also shoots great on plate racks at 85 yards,lol

• 2 years later...

Chet,

as you know im in the process of ordering a Dawson, i noticed that you and your wife went with the DP2 compensator. have you heard anything about or tried out the DP2 TJ (two extra side ports)? apparently it is supposed to help keep the dot tracking staight up and down. i dont know if this would make a difference in muzzle flip (more gas out the sides instead of up???)

thanks,

William