Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Infinity Area 5 Championship

Only problem we had all weekend was a certain CRO from Stage 7 stealing our water. :ph34r:

Water...radio...big shelter...good staples/gun ...you guys know how to live the high life. :)

Thanks for all the help from next door !

(And, thanks to Jud for the second best Palm story of the match.) :roflol:

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a fantastic time! Thanks to all the Area 5 staff for being so "cool" on a warm day.

Now if you can convince those white guys to duck better next time! :cheers:

It has been said before, but a huge thank you to the staff that ran this match! Punishing rains on Friday, heat on Saturday and Sunday...you would have thought that all of the CRO's and RO's had been in air conditioned bubbles they were so kind :) (I do wish that I had a picture of Perry with a soggy cigar though ;) )

I had a great time seeing old and meeting new friends! Oh, and Roy Neil...this guy could sell salt to a slug. I don't know how he did it, but the prizes in the random drawing were spectacular.

Congrats on hosting an excellent area match :)

Had a fantastic time! Thanks to all the Area 5 staff for being so "cool" on a warm day.

Now if you can convince those white guys to duck better next time! :cheers:

I told them to but they didn't listen. They should have an award for the most penalties in one match or one stage even. Then I know I would come home with something besides a sun burn. It was good shooting with you guys. Hope to see you soon. :cheers:

Oh, and Roy Neil...this guy could sell salt to a slug. I don't know how he did it, but the prizes in the random drawing were spectacular.

No Kidding - my buddy won a Glock of his choice thanks to Roy and Dave Sevigny. Don't forget the names of the sponsors you heard in the WSB and in the match book.

I was one of the CRO's on 8 - Order in the Court, the other two; Chris and Dennis made it easy on me. Learning from all of the National Staff CRO's was a real treat.

Every shooter was just great, polite and helpful. Watching the two youngsters shooting with the big boys was fantastic. I was really excited for those two. I sat with the young man at lunch and he addressed me as 'Sir' in every sentence - I know there are proud parents.

Wayne, Dale and Billy Jo are a couple of the other guys who have spent about three years making this match happen. I'm sure there were others - I just don't know all their names.

Well done South Kent Sportsman's Club.

ATTENTION ALL AREA 5 COMPETITORS--

I am the guy writing up this match for Front Sight. While I took a few pictures, and somebody else took 637 (not kidding)pictures which I have to pick through for the article, if anybody took a "OH MY GOD THAT IS THE BEST SHOOTING PICTURE I'VE EVER SEEN!!!!!" photo from the match, if you want it included with the article you need to send it to me so I can submit everything together. That's the way Front Sight works. For proper resolution they need to have been taken by a 5 megapixel or higher camera. Email it to me (full size, not a reduced version) at the below address, and make sure you include:

Name of person who took the photo and USPSA# (if applicable) so you can get credit and cash if it's published(it ain't a lot)

Name of person in the photo

Stage number in case I can't tell from the photo

If you have ONE or TWO photos you think ought to be in the article, please send them to me at:

jtarr1050@wowway.com

James Tarr

P.S.--Deadline is July 10, but remember just because it's an awesome picture doesn't automatically mean it'll get used, don't delete your copy.

Edited by DVC247

Good match. Good food. Good weekend.

I got to meet some new BE folks. :)

I had a great crew on Stage 7 (triple flipper), with "Pop Gun", Corey and Connor making our stage run smoothly.

Thanks to all!

I want to thank you for making my first time working an Area match so enjoyable - I had a great time working with you.

And even though Conner bailed on us Sunday when a certain squad of notables that included Sarah Irish were a few stages away (otherwise known as 'Sarah's Squad' to Conner), he really had a good time helping with the scoring and picking brass with P.G. - and he certainly appreciated all the thank-you's from so many after they shot the stage.

As for me, I'm just really happy that I didn't have the Third Best Palm Story to tell... :wacko:

I was one of the CRO's on 8 - Order in the Court, the other two; Chris and Dennis made it easy on me. Learning from all of the National Staff CRO's was a real treat.

Every shooter was just great, polite and helpful. Watching the two youngsters shooting with the big boys was fantastic. I was really excited for those two. I sat with the young man at lunch and he addressed me as 'Sir' in every sentence - I know there are proud parents.

I had the pleasure of shooting with Dave, Bob, Phil, Sarah, and Adrian.

Been shooting with Adrian since he started about 18 months ago and he is alway very polite, willing to learn, and listens to what the betters shooters have to say. He will be giving the Big Boys a run for their money in the next year or so. Unfortunately the chrono gods were not very nice at this match.

WOW!! What great competitors "The Big Boys" are. Discussing how to shoot the stages, encouraging each other and the juniors, pasting and setting steal all day long. We flew through 10 stages before lunch. Great stages, staff, and day of shooting.

Several issues with Palm scoring through. Scores still not correct (lim10 stage 9. How can some receive 134 points on a 60 point stage).

A few Videos and Pictures.

My first try at editing videos together (sorry Sarah for misspelling you name in the squad picture. You shot a great match).

MDA

Edited by mda

Been shooting with Adrian since he started about 18 months ago and he is alway very polite, willing to learn, and listens to what the betters shooters have to say. He will be giving the Big Boys a run for their money in the next year or so. Unfortunately the chrono gods were not very nice at this match.

WOW!! What great competitors "The Big Boys" are. Discussing how to shoot the stages, encouraging each other and the juniors, pasting and setting steal all day long. We flew through 10 stages before lunch. Great stages, staff, and day of shooting.

Several issues with Palm scoring through. Scores still not correct (lim10 stage 9. How can some receive 134 points on a 60 point stage).

My first try at editing videos together (sorry Sarah for misspelling you name in the squad picture. You shot a great match).

MDA

Nice compilation.

Dave's light on his feet and quick as a cat, ain't he?

MDA

Nice compilation.

Dave's light on his feet and quick as a cat, ain't he?

This is after shootig all day Thursday at Area 1. Guy can shoot!

Pharaoh Bender

I had a great time seeing old and meeting new friends! Oh, and Roy Neil...this guy could sell salt to a slug. I don't know how he did it, but the prizes in the random drawing were spectacular.

Pharaoh Bender

Before the last shot was fired at the 2008 area 5 Roy was already lining up sponsors and prize table loot for this years area 5. I was fortunate enough to see some of the progress over this past year. So I have a small idea of how much work he put in on this years match. I am amazed he found the time to shoot…

woof

• 3 weeks later...