Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Punk AZZ thieves

hopalong

Went to the range and shot the monthly pistol match with a couple of side rifle stages.

After the match went to the same resturant I've been going to for years. Put the guns down out of the way but some one wanted the AR and the M1a more than I do. :angry2::angry2::angry2::angry2:

Now I have a busted out window, and two missing long guns.

NO camera at the resturant. <_<

Parked up front, in the lights and everything, just no window to watch from.

Will call the local gunstore in the AM to tell him to call all his buddies. Police said "maybe if we're lucky"

Still have the Benny Hill Ltd gun (next to the rifles in another bag) and all the other stuff though so it could have been worse. (looking for silver lining here)

Hop

Edit to add:

If in the future you see a Sabre Defence AR competition master with a Leupold 1x4 and a Benny hill comp or a M1a scout squad with a collapsable synthetic stock and a short muzzle break at one of the many stores you frequent that take in "pawns" look closer and have them run the numbers on the computer for stolen guns.

Thanks

Edited by hopalong

Hop.....Damn..... :angry2:

here is what I would do.......

make sure the cops have the make/model and serial # entered into NCIC for each weapon.

Contact your local FFL or friend or gun shop.....hopefully there is a statewide organization that the FFL/gunshops belong to or maybe an email list or a fax list......IF you can find one of these then if you have photos of the guns make a flyer with pics (especially of the AR.....) and send it out with specific info and the serial # of the guns to all of the list. Make sure it is black and white and very light, as the fax gets darker when you print it out.

I would also with this flyer announce a reward as well, with contact information for the LE agency that entered the guns for you, so the possible locator can call the agency directly and someone can pull the file and verify ASAP whether the guns are the right ones......

Now here is where it becomes delicate.........talk to the officer that took your report....ask him if they have a drug task force member or if there is a county wide group.....you want to talk to the guy that has snitches within the druggies and has leverage on the druggie pukes in the area. It may end up being a state drug guy too.........If it was a random thing, it sounds like some pukes wanted to score something that they can turn real quick for cash for drugs, as it normally happens........We recovered over 20 guns from a burglary due to druggie pukes ratting out a guy when they got pinched and pushed by our task force guy......LOL Also scour all the pawn shops and the like in the area and the closest LARGE city......make sure they have a picture and know that there is a reward.......greed is a good motivator.

If you have any relatives that are druggies or know the local pukes, ask them who would know or who would buy guns for cash......be very vague....if you know what I mean.....

Make sure all the agencies in the area.......local pd, sheriifs, state police, etc....have the info......more the better. They dont want your gear out there, and they want you to get it back, since you are a good guy........

Good luck my friend.....

and for those that dont think it could happen to you..............think again........... :ph34r:

DougC

Sorry to hear about it, Hop. Like Brian said we'll keep an eye out down this way for whayever good that might do.

Doug's advice sounds pretty good. It very similar to the approach we took to recover some stolen musical instruments (expensive guitars) years ago (in Johnson City, TN).

Ya know Hop...none of this sh!t would happen if you'd just shoot revo at pistol matches. I mean, afterall, who wants to steal one of those "antique guns"? Look on the bright side...no more triple-ammo issues. They just saved you a bundle...now you can just do pistol-only matches...much cheaper. ;)

Seriously...sorry to hear about your loss. Hopefully they catch the butt munches and get you back your blasters. I think they need to "accidentally" hit their heads a few times while being "helped" into the cruiser when the 5.0's collar 'em!!!

Edited by Barrettone

Sorry to hear this Sam. Doug's advice sounds pretty good and I'd also post fliers in the gun clubs with pix and SN of the stolen firearms. That would get other shooters aware. Good luck my friend. Hope you recover the goods and, like Keith said, hope the punks resist arrest.

If you move, change you phone number, etc. - even years later, make sure it gets into the original case file. When a stolen gun is recovered and traced via NCIC, the point of contact is the reporting agency - not the victim. One of our local shooters recovered his Ed Brown 45 taken in a residential breakin about two years later.

That really sucks!

Makes one think, a few weeks ago three of us car pooled to a 3 gun and stopped for lunch on the way home. The truck was out of our line of sight the whole time could have had a similar result.

Edited by Greg Bell